State Championship Battles

And here I thought you had officially changed to # 259 in honor of Bubba's Failed FIM Drug test and the recent news that he's been getting IV's at the nationals to re hydrate.

Funny national # story from my personal experience…… So Jock Jacobs was so happy for me when I won Loretta Lynn's back in the old days, that he took my jersey and number plates and made 1N's for me after the event to run as the National Champ. Pretty cool of him to do, and I didn't ask for it at all, he took that all upon himself as someone he had seen grow up riding motorcycles locally, and practicing every week at Smith Rd. But I decided to run those things for the High Point Vet National that fall in September………. BAD IDEA. I might as well have painted a target on myself on all sides as every person there on the track with me wanted to take down the Champ and show me that I wasn't so good! I never did that again, I put those things away and they only saw the track that one day. Back to my usual #163 for the rest of my days.

Wait a minute.....if you won at LL then what the hell are you doing running the B/C class there every year for???????

;)

NO way in hell. I am a Michigan fan, I will be like alessi and keep my 3 digit 250. How would anyone recognize me without #250?

Ahh...it's all starting make sense now... I should have seen the signs. Shame on me.

Wait a minute.....if you won at LL then what the hell are you doing running the B/C class there every year for???????

;)
Name spelling technicality. And rocket barely rode this year and still qualified. Leave him alone. B/c class is for the true 40/hr + week family man.

Well, things were different back then and the AMA was using the local advancement policies to move Riders from B to A in their home districts, not national finishes. I couldn't go back the following year in the class to Loretta's in that class as the top 10 wasn't allowed to come back and I did not, and then the classes were changed the following year which eliminated Vet B/C for about 5 - 6 years and all Vet Classes were straight age classes, so it's not the same as it is now in the rules. And I was very close to getting bumped on RPV value that year in D12, but just missed it due to a Canadian kid that showed up at the last race of the season at Spring Valley who smoked me. I'm listed as a B rider officially with the AMA and never did run an A class anywhere in my life. I followed the rules as they were written at the time, and have always been about the same speed as the Vet B class seems to go. It does get harder all the time, but I'm 45 now and just having fun. The same guys that have always been faster than me still are and that never changes. I can usually tell you who will beat me in the straight age classes at the regional just by looking at the list of names, they are always the same guys.

HA....Lets see

3 races since last years Red Bud experience

#1 Wins Area Qualifier
#2 Transferes straight to LL at Regional
#3 Wins at Red Bud in 45B

Sounds like A class material to me.....and if I recall B/C riders arent allowed to have EVER won at the ranch in big bike classes. But maybe Im recalling that incorrectly.

In your defense I know there are other Ohio rides we all know that have or are doing the same. So the sandbagging is just part of motocross and not just C class!

Lol

Please stop picking on my buddy Robin. I've known him since we were in high school and he used to win B class in CRA....oops! haha :D

I thought the rule was if you won LL in any B class you had to go A. Obviously not the case.

I know, I'm the ultimate sandbagger! Doesn't matter too much as I rarely race ever and never any series or stuff like that…… so not sure who I'm hurting with my rides a few times a year. I just do it for fun.

We'll see what the "new" Vet Class structure and rules are like next year (rumored changes) and if I can sandbag my way into something or not. Odd that I'm much closer to the +50 class than the +30 class but the only one I can qualify for is still the Vet B/C.

I think when I won the Vet B/C class, I was a C rider and got bumped to B!!!! Yeah that's the ticket!

Won't there be a AMA official at the BC Battle race...maybe he can clear things up??
Yeah, they had a poster at Malvern sign-up talking about if you see a sandbagger and how to report it...I didn't read it. ;) I'd just be in the hopes I could be called a sandbagger at some point in the future. Was once in my 3rd year in C class as I almost won D-11 250C, but threw my back out loading the trailer the morning of the last race of th season...lost it by 3 points I think it was... Those were the days of racing much and often...

Back