Battle Series Results

In the mid 90's I didn't realize it but, that's most all we did was chase the contingency races.

Only two reasons I can think of to chase contingency money at a dump over going to a big event at a great facility.
1. Your 1974 Nova is broke down again and you live next to the dump so you can just ride your bike there.
2. You know you suck and cant beat the guys at the big race.

Well the series final numbers are finished. The North wins the series for the second year in row. I counted 48 North victories to the south's 40, and 19 invader wins. The north has won the series both years at Malvern, its fairly even at the other two rounds, but Malvern is where they pull a good lead. This year the invaders have noticeably increased their presence.

You southern boys will never win. The north always prevails! Didnt you learn anything after the civil war?

You southern boys will never win. The north always prevails! Didnt you learn anything after the civil war?

The South won the first year. The series stands at 2-1, North. Given the invaders, if it were BC only this year, it would have been a tie.

The real improvement to me would be the increase of the "invaders." Drawing racers in from our neighboring states is a good accomplishment.
Totally agree. Building moto in our state includes showing outsiders this is the place to be. With that being said... And don't kill me here... Could the name be holding other back? I mean I have no desire (or never did) to win the Indiana state championship. I don't live there so it always kinda felt like who cares. What about the "Battle of the Mid-west" or the "East Coast Battle" or my personal fav, The OMA National Championship Series.
Now that sure would look good on a riders resume, and talk about bait for more series sponsorship... chaaaaaa ching

Totally agree. Building moto in our state includes showing outsiders this is the place to be. With that being said... And don't kill me here... Could the name be holding other back? I mean I have no desire (or never did) to win the Indiana state championship. I don't live there so it always kinda felt like who cares. What about the "Battle of the Mid-west" or the "East Coast Battle" or my personal fav, The OMA National Championship Series.
Now that sure would look good on a riders resume, and talk about bait for more series sponsorship... chaaaaaa ching

Agree, JO and crew are doing a great job but change the name or at least take the Ohio out of it and more will come. Said this time after time give something a good name make it a event and people are like sheep and they will follow. Only if I had more time to put towards this as I use to. Kids come first at this point for myself as they are only young once. Your definately on your way. Ride On!

I think we are talking about creating another big series here (to change the name), the Battle is an Ohio State Championship, we give invaders the incentive to come play spoiler. However, it should remain the same, I think the goal here would be to get the remaining Ohio population to race. if we added just 100 more, we would be over 750-800 entries, I just cant see it getting much larger than that, maybe a 1000, but that's getting ludicrous.

I disagree, I would rather my resume say Ohio state champ rather than OMA champ. Much more regonizable to me and when Im talking about it to someone who doesn't have a clue wtf the OMA is. You tell them your an OMA champ, they give you a good job. Tell them who won the state championship and they get a better idea of the recognition.

Last edited:
I disagree, I would rather my resume say Ohio state champ rather than OMA champ. Its like school sports, you wanna be a district champ, or a state champ?

Cory is right....just playing devils advocate (like I do that), what if we lose Ohio riders by changing the name? The large majority of the entries in the attachment above are from Ohio. Might be a big gamble there. After all I think the name and theme are what got it going.

Reactions: TBO
Sorry, caught me in the middle of an edit. I realized shortly after, I never played any school sports and have no idea if district or state is higher. LMAO. Kinda proved my point to myself.

Only two reasons I can think of to chase contingency money at a dump over going to a big event at a great facility.
1. Your 1974 Nova is broke down again and you live next to the dump so you can just ride your bike there.
2. You know you suck and cant beat the guys at the big race.

I personally have not raced seriously with a goal oriented process in almost twenty years. With that being typed... all the big races had the contingency and all the fast guys went! I earned enough contingency money in 1995 to almost pay for two new race bikes. I remember seeing the KX bucks flowing like Monopoly money!

I haven't even looked at the contingency schedule in years,but I would be willing to bet the majority of the contingency races are the big races. Do you consider the Battle races to be big races? They have contingency money up for grabs but none of the regular OMXA series does.

Ok, Keep the name. Let me open a new track and I get naming rights to the OMA National Championship of the Universe.

I disagree, I would rather my resume say Ohio state champ rather than OMA champ.

I agree with that as well. And YES -- I used to race the D5 PA State Championship Series because of the fact that it was the PA State Championship. The name means a lot. The name "Battle for Ohio" is a good name and has obviously caught on. The whole thing with North vs South vs Invaders adds a coolness to it. I woudn't change that at all.

Can we also agree now that adding the AMA Sanction to give it an AMA #1 plate for State Championship has helped? The attendance sure seems to show that. I know Knox is just dying to admit the AMA sanction was good!

I race SW Ohio races all the time. I talk the OMA races and the Battle races, and talk them up all the time. I have facebook and promote the races to D11 riders on facebook. Some are very fast riders and should be racing in the battle series, some would find out that they are not as fast as they think they are in SW Ohio. When I talk to all them, I talk about the prep, the big crowds, the awesome tracks, and the event itself. And I am still amazed with these races pretty much in their back yard that they still missed Malvern and BC for Dayton. Nothing ran against Chilitown.

Believe it or not.....I hear, I am running the series (SWOHMX). Really? The winner is the guy that attends the most races, not the fastest by far, look at the points. I don't get it. Spend the same amount of money to get a free pair of googles, or race the OMA Battle, and have a blast on great tracks, and go to Rocky Mountain and buy your googles with your RMATVMC Bucks.

Not sure how you convince those guys. I have tried the last two years. Year one I put out about 500 flyers for JO about the original Battle race at BC. Put them on cars at the races and talked to people. I am willing to help OMA promote the races next year in SW Ohio......just let me know what you want me to do.

Just to be clear. I am not being disrepectful or ungrateful of the OMA by saying I would rather have an Ohio State Championship name. Everyone knows what JO and Jason have done to bring racing back alive in the our area. And their time and devotion shows in the Battle series, as well as every other event they put on.

Back