Battle Series Results

I agree with that as well. And YES -- I used to race the D5 PA State Championship Series because of the fact that it was the PA State Championship. The name means a lot. The name "Battle for Ohio" is a good name and has obviously caught on. The whole thing with North vs South vs Invaders adds a coolness to it. I woudn't change that at all.

Can we also agree now that adding the AMA Sanction to give it an AMA #1 plate for State Championship has helped? The attendance sure seems to show that. I know Knox is just dying to admit the AMA sanction was good!

It my not have to completely freeze over but hell would have to at least have a good frost before that happends

Not sure how you convince those guys. I have tried the last two years. Year one I put out about 500 flyers for JO about the original Battle race at BC. Put them on cars at the races and talked to people. I am willing to help OMA promote the races next year in SW Ohio......just let me know what you want me to do.
Recruit more women for the women's class. Rumor has it you have a way with words and can really charm them. (sorry John, seemed too easy!)

Just to be clear. I am not being disrepectful or ungrateful of the OMA by saying I would rather have an Ohio State Championship name. Everyone knows what JO and Jason have done to bring racing back alive in the our area. And their time and devotion shows in the Battle series, as well as every other event they put on.

Thank you Cory, it did not come across that way at all. I understand and agree with you thinking.

I agree with that as well. And YES -- I used to race the D5 PA State Championship Series because of the fact that it was the PA State Championship. The name means a lot. The name "Battle for Ohio" is a good name and has obviously caught on. The whole thing with North vs South vs Invaders adds a coolness to it. I woudn't change that at all.

Can we also agree now that adding the AMA Sanction to give it an AMA #1 plate for State Championship has helped? The attendance sure seems to show that. I know Knox is just dying to admit the AMA sanction was good!

And another thing. Since you brought it up...
Just this week two track announced they where closing. IN THE AMA's backyard. Did they do anything to help prevent those closings? Since I just got my sons AMA card (Only took 7 weeks, good job boys) in the propaganda that comes with the card, they talk about how hard they work to keep race tracks and riding areas open. I would like to hear from both of those locations and have them tell me and all of us, all the details of the endless actions that I am sure Pickerington put forth to help them out...
Saying the numbers went up because of the AMA is like saying my weight went up because I exercise and eat right.
The numbers of the battle went up because of great tracks and great promoters. The AMA just came along for the ride... So to speak.

Hey, you're the stats guy --- run the numbers from 2013 and compare to 2014 when it was AMA sanctioned! I talked to many people that stated they were excited to try and get an AMA #1 plate.

And btw, now you think the AMA is supposed to prevent track closures that are done by the choice of the person that owns the track? Maybe you are for another Obama term too?

And another thing. Since you brought it up...
Just this week two track announced they where closing. IN THE AMA's backyard. Did they do anything to help prevent those closings? Since I just got my sons AMA card (Only took 7 weeks, good job boys) in the propaganda that comes with the card, they talk about how hard they work to keep race tracks and riding areas open. I would like to hear from both of those locations and have them tell me and all of us, all the details of the endless actions that I am sure Pickerington put forth to help them out...
Saying the numbers went up because of the AMA is like saying my weight went up because I exercise and eat right.
The numbers of the battle went up because of great tracks and great promoters. The AMA just came along for the ride... So to speak.
Well lets see here, my OMA only race in the spring was roughly 277 entries, prior to that My Battles were 454 and 465. This year, MY AQ was 636 for both days, my ATV NAT was 589, my Battle was 614........you like stats don't you?

Chris, prevent the closings? Really? The Mx track market is so incredibly saturated in Ohio that it's hurting everyone. Now BJ and beans I really hate to see go, it's closer to where we live than our track. The other in my opinion is no big loss. Honestly we need about 6 more to throw in the towel. Not to mention neither of these facility's were AMA affiliated.

I don't expect them to use their magic fairy dust and keep all tracks open but did they even reach out to them and offer help? It does not matter if they are AMA or not. They say they work to keep ALL riding areas open.
I firmly believe your growth was from your own doing. Giving a $.50 plastic number plate 100% credit for 25% growth is crazy. If that is all it takes then you guys are wasting a lot of money on trophies.

I like the AMA tie in myself. I think it helps give the OMA more credibility in the series, don't shoot me Knox. And the double sanction thing, don't worry about that, that is not an issue either. I think it just takes some more promotion outside of ohio, and you will be pushing 800 riders. Not sure ANY of the tracks are really ready for 800 riders. Malvern is going to have to rent a field down the street if that happens.

I saw the AMA motocross rep at Chilitown a lot walking around etc. Heard Alex's name at Malvern, never saw him, and never saw him at BC. You would think the AMA would have a tent set up promoting the AMA at the events. As for Kim Adams, not sure if you get a choice or not, but he needs replaced. His communication skills and diplomacy are lacking, and after seeing him in action as Chilitown, and BC, please bring in someone else. Did OMA have to pay for his services??

I want to like the AMA, trust me, I really do. But with the track record and the fact I still have not seen a single AMA staff member at any race outside the battle races is all the proof I need to continue my beliefs.
When I see something good that can be 100% justified. I will gladly offer a public apology right here on this very site.
I asked this over a year ago... AMA, prove me wrong. PLEASE

You are probably right, but I just can't understand that thinking. Contingency is a really nice perk, not a sole reason to decide what facility to race at.?.?.?

No, not the sole decision maker but, if I, my kid, or who ever has a chance to win credit towards factory parts in increments of $25 up to a few hundred for a somewhat local race, I'm going for the contingency most every time.
Again, I haven't looked at the contingency schedule in a long time. My numbers may not be correct but on the road to Loretta's if you only raced one class and won every moto you raced in the monetary kick back in the form of contingency could be upwards of $2000 for 8 moto's. Sure it's not great but, I'll take it if you don't want it!

If your only going racing so you can get contingency money, wouldn't it be more "profitable" to just stay home? It's not like they are handing you cash.

In the A class they do, in the form of a credit card you can use any way you like. For every other amateur they load a credit card for you to be used anyway you like as long as it is used to purchase something from that factory that loaded it.

Again my numbers may be off slightly but most of the manufactures pay contingency to make the night show for supercross and to make the cut in the out doors. (the fast 40) Then the contingency keeps getting better the better you finish. Make the cut, you make $400. Make the main, you make $1000. Top ten, another $1500.
If I remember correct, the amateurs are basically the same but of course the amounts are less.

I saw the AMA motocross rep at Chilitown a lot walking around etc. Heard Alex's name at Malvern, never saw him, and never saw him at BC. You would think the AMA would have a tent set up promoting the AMA at the events. As for Kim Adams, not sure if you get a choice or not, but he needs replaced. His communication skills and diplomacy are lacking, and after seeing him in action as Chilitown, and BC, please bring in someone else. Did OMA have to pay for his services??

Each track pays the referee much like any other racing event.

Alex is not only the AMA motocross coordinator, but he is the 2014 Battle for Ohio 25+ Champion. He had a death in the family and was not able to attend the BC round. I think guys like Alex are making a difference within the AMA. There would not be a Battle for Ohio State Championship backed by the AMA without him. We need more Alex Hunters in Pickerington.

I spoke with Alex at Chilitown. Seems like a nice guy, that has some ideas. He was even talking about how he got practice changed at Lorettas.

S
Well lets see here, my OMA only race in the spring was roughly 277 entries, prior to that My Battles were 454 and 465. This year, MY AQ was 636 for both days, my ATV NAT was 589, my Battle was 614........you like stats don't you?

So you're tellin me that....statically speaking....that evil AMA sanctioning body helped boost your numbers?

So statistically AMA racers must be reading the AMA magazine upcoming events section. . . Yes?

S

So you're tellin me that....statically speaking....that evil AMA sanctioning body helped boost your numbers?

So statistically AMA racers must be reading the AMA magazine upcoming events section. . . Yes?

Hey! How exactly is a rainbow made? How exactly does a sun set? How exactly does a posi-trac rear-end on a Plymouth work? It just does.

The AMA gave some marketing assistance with regions outside Ohio too.....looks like it worked better than what we did last year.
Are you sure it wasn't just word of mouth about the quality of the Battle Races and the OMA in general ? I'm not sure the AMA had anything to do with the increase in numbers.

A posi trac works by engaging the kanutter valve 30 degrees on the muffle bearing then rotating the snipe seal. NO problems.
Figuring out why a plastic plate drives 25% improvement is like explaining rocket surgery.

Back