red bull straight rhythm.. quote from stewart.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
Read an article on redbull straight rhythm and noticed this quote from js7.. it made me laugh

""Nobody had ever done this sort of thing," said Stewart, who also is in the field. "As kids, this is how we raced. The concept is cool. It's a lot shorter, so it's good for those of us with short attention spans."

1350386285207_7833471.png

Wow , a few years back I jokingly suggested a track like this on some thread on here . Since everybody seems to want to be tapped out in 5th over nothing but jumps all the time with their a$$ in the air throwing whips , flips , scrubs , etc. , might this be the evolution of MX ? Hope not but I'm gonna watch it .TP on a 500 2-stroke , hot damn !

Im calling it now, By next year there will be a 3 to 5 round series held at various drag strips around the country. Condense the track to a 1/4 mile, pack the stands with energy drink high 15 to 23 year old idiots.
A year after that, MX sports will buy the series and milk it for every cent.

Ah, nothing beats the smell of a motocross monopoly in the morning.

I like that the class format opens the door for guys to build specific open class bikes like Pastrana's for this.

My question is will it really be an advantage? Maybe right off the start if he can keep the front wheel on the ground but once you are in the rhythm sections I don't think it will be an advantage.

This is Ridiculous, we need the AMA to get involved here, there is no way that someone should be allowed to ride a 500cc TWO STROKE in an open class against the much "BETTER" 4 strokes. That would be like the good old days, the AMA MUST force these guys to all compete on the same underpowered, overweight, overly complex FOUR strokes.

Im calling it now, By next year there will be a 3 to 5 round series held at various drag strips around the country. Condense the track to a 1/4 mile, pack the stands with energy drink high 15 to 23 year old idiots.
A year after that, MX sports will buy the series and milk it for every cent.

Ah, nothing beats the smell of a motocross monopoly in the morning.

When will they hold a nationwide Amateur qualification-based race? Would ex-pros be allowed to race the Vet classes?

Dude, its not just the corners! You should know. Imagine trying to whip or scrub that beast! The inertia/ torque from the motor is much worse than a 450

5 hundies are whipping machines. You can bet 199 will backflip it.
When will they hold a nationwide Amateur qualification-based race? Would ex-pros be allowed to race the Vet classes?
The Amateur championship will be at Barbra Mandrell's ranch in Winchestertonfieldville Iowa. It will have an eight stage qualification process where only 83 move on to the championship (84 if you include a transgender.) With only 137 classes to pick from. Each riders ability will be determined by the size of the camper they arrive in. The camp ground only has enough hookups for about 1/4 of the field so a $4,000 fee will be accepted if you want in the lottery.
Ex-pros, neck braces and one ear donkey are prohibited.
All riders will receive the keepsake apron since this event is bigger then a silly bib.
Winners will also receive the coveted cardboard #1 plate the Ricky makes in the back of the shipping department in Pickerington.

(AMA, CRA, OMA, NMA, MX Sports and WMX competition license is required for all racers)

Dude, its not just the corners! You should know. Imagine trying to whip or scrub that beast! The inertia/ torque from the motor is much worse than a 450

Whip? Scrub? He can just QUAD QUAD QUAD QUAD and be done. Or maybe QUINT QUINT QUINT? Not sure. Maybe one big jump over it all.

Back