red bull straight rhythm.. quote from stewart.

Is the 500 a suzuki?
Don't you guys read the interwebz? Sheesh! It is a Service Honda built bike with a CR500 engine and Suzuki chassis. There have been a few pics on vitalmx about it from the guy that builds them at Service Honda.

TP199 will get smoked in my opinion. The 500 will be a serious disadvantage, and he will get in trouble on it.

Do the math Johnny. if a 250 f is the same as a 125 smoke, and a 450 f is the same as a 250 smoke, then a 5 hundy smoke would be the same as a 900 fart bike.
I say he beats everyone by a mile (which is real hard to do on a half mile course) then gets DQ'ed for drinking Monster on the podium.
I'm thinking quadruple backflip off the finish line jump...

I think the 500 will be an advantage for sure. In a current frame he still shaves major pounds off over a 450 thumper. He'll whip the radiator shrouds off that thing. Why not put a Suzuki 500 in there? I mean damn, if you're going to spend that much money on one, have the engine blueprinted, ported, polished with custom pipe and heck, maybe even throw FI on that B...thing.

Anyway, this will not be the future, just something else NBC Sports will call an "EXTREME SPORT"....should be fun to watch...watch I said. ;)

lol....you guys are funny. The rotating mass and torque of a 500cc 2 stroke is stupid. Much worse than a 450 4 stroke. It is not near as nimble. Not to mention TP hasnt seriously raced in years. The last time he tried racing he didnt even finish. I say he will be lucky to place mid way.

20K for a hand build bike. Spending an extra $25 for a machine shop to lighten the fly wheel... naw, we don't need that...
Come on man. the rotating mass of this thing is less then a new KTM 50.
Remember, this is not a moto. He only needs to last for 45 seconds... You should know all about that.

Just because TP isn't racing don't mean he dosent still probably put in more seat time then most of us reading this. Maybe he dosent but I doubt it.

For me the best thing would be to hear that amazing sound of a Open Class 2 stroke wide open, I'm not sure the competitors will be close enough to hear it when he crosses the finish line.................

20K for a hand build bike. Spending an extra $25 for a machine shop to lighten the fly wheel... naw, we don't need that...
Come on man. the rotating mass of this thing is less then a new KTM 50.
Remember, this is not a moto. He only needs to last for 45 seconds... You should know all about that.
Have no clue....it's more like 10!

I think he will have issues putting that 500 power to the ground.........sometimes wheel spin will work against him for sure. Plus I think its going to be easy to get the power of a 500 to get you in trouble on a section of tight jumps closely placed. We will see who is right. Sounds like Hershey and I are on one side, and everyone else thinks he is going to do well.

I think if he ride a 450 against everyone he still finishes mid pack against the current crop of riders.

I'm just thinking he's probally put enough hours on that bike preparing for this event to go through a set of rings so I doubt tha twill be an issue or he would have put a different bike together, I mean the guys a pro for a reason. I highly doubt he put the bike together just for the cool factor, I'm sure alot of thought and R&D went into his set up.

Time will tell. Hell how many times did we see him throw it away in a race? I have no doubt he has skills. But at the end of the day, so do a lot of other guys that have been running SX while he has been doing everything else he does.

TP only invited as part of the marketing to draw in X games fans... Two stroke 500 just to add excitement factor. He'll try some crazy jump combination then crash and more news will be given to that then the winner...

those that say a 450 is better, simply have never rode a 500.
will he win the whole thing? no.
will he do better on a 500 vs a 450? I don't know how much experience he has on a 500.
in a straight line race is a 500 better in a 450? Hell yes it is. I don't care what type of jumps they build.

Back