DC vet championship.

I am out...too much work/family and lack of motivation. my bike has been clean since Red Bud.
I may be done forever if I don't pull my butt out of this rutt I am in! and I like rutt riding....

I hope it is a must do event for next year! looks like they are trying.

So mini bikes Saturday I hope.

Sharc,good to hear from you
We are headed camping instead maybe about the last time for this year
Made up my mind going to do some racing next summer
Sending my suspension out to get setup and putting a 300 kit on the 250
Next will be to get my fat as- in some kind of riding condition for spring
I want to hit some vet events and ride some of the pro tracks next year
Not getting any younger and miss the
racing
You'll be ready to rock by spring yourself Sharc!
That new 350 will be waiting on you
You were hauling butt that day at Dirt World

Last edited:
Co
Vet National Classes
Age 25+ A, B, C
Age 30+ A, B, C
Age 35+ A, B, C
Age 40+ A, B, C
Age 45+ A, B/C
Age 50+
Age 55+
Four-Stroke
Vintage Pre 1995 (25+)
Vintage Pre 1990 (25+)
Vintage Pre 1985 (25+)
Vintage Pre 1978 (25+)
Could my dad race the 95 cr in the pre 1995 class ??

My dad is having family over the house this weekend and I can't turn down 12 hours of overtime to go race. After this weekend, I don't work weekends anymore. Unless it's overtime.

I dont trust my van to drive it there far need someone to ride with is the problem lol. Van needs lots of tlc at the moment. Oh well I'm going to vegas next week probably should stay close to home this weekend anyways.

10-4 was going to try to run u up there

since my yamy 4 stroke is down, going to take the 85 kx 125 and my buddy up there any ohio guys look us up #801 on the kx, 109 in 40 plus on a rmz

I found it very challenging and rough, Loved it, I always enjoy the track, muddy but sticky in the morning dried out good later, my classes had 13 riders in each good enough for me, we don't get that at most cra or oma races, plus you can't beat racing with your own age groups, most still are fast.

Attachments

• 2014 Mt Morris vet ntl 003.JPG
    2014 Mt Morris vet ntl 003.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 198
track was a big time challenge, we had 21 in 40plus c finished 10-11 in there for 10th overall was pretty happy with that considering I was on my 85 kx 125 since my 250f is in a box it was a blast!!! raced today too, too bad I was dead tired from yesterday, fell and then got a flat tire, but thats racing I love that track!!

Yeah, we hit rain on the drive down about 30 min from the track. It sprinkled all night and the skies opened up for 15-20 min again at day break.
They had left the track sealed and turned it over just before practice. Its clay so the first set of motos were a little slick but not really muddy. A quick scrape and the bikes were ready to go. No pressure washer needed. For the second set of motos, the track worked in real nice.

There were some great battles in many classes. The racing had us standing by the fence cheering often. HighPoint is the type of place that you have to race the track to the best of your ability first and then worry about your competition. Lots of good battles that went back & forth quite a few times.

In the vintage class there was a great battle between two Big bore Maico’s and some guy on an RM250. The RM guy could jump well but the Maico’s had him covered coming out of the turns and climbing the sticky hills. Those three battled both motos.

Silvers swept three classes in the first set of motos only to run into a bit of a challenge in the second set.

While leading his first class in the second moto he took a dirt nap on the first lap by tipping over in the tight right after the up-hill triple. By end of the third lap, he had charged back to second and was closing in fast on the leader only to tip over again in the same turn. This time he was pinned under his KX-450 and struggled to get up. By the time he was able to free himself, six racers had gotten past. Ended up going 1-7 in that class.

In his second class, he led most of the moto….. only to be stung on the last lap by a relentless charge from Ralf Bentley. You could have thrown a blanket over those two. Matching each other’s pace perfectly and making for an exciting watch.

I his third class (second moto) he grabbed the lead early and led it wire to wire. A fine redemption.

Real trophies, a pair of 100% goggles and a HighPoint beer mug to the class winners.

Back