Anyone Looking for a Job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

talonrunner18

PR Addict
We currently have an opening for a full time sales position.

-Must have experience with and knowledge of power sports industry to be able to identify and verify function of parts
-Must have experience with eBay
-Strong organizational skills

$10-$12.50 starting hour rate based on experience with a 90 day probationary period.

Email resumes to steve@cyclesrus.net

Its funny, I work Lubrizol.. We are currently hiring, because we cant keep people here that will show up for work, or that are not lazy. Mind you :

Starting pay is $17.00/hr with a 1-2$ raise every 6 months upon hire
Full benefits, 401K with gain and profit sharing bonuses every year
80hrs of paid vacation with option of buying 40 additional hours upon hire
You only work 14 days a month
OT is always optional, not mandatory

Yet, out of the last 6 people that started here in the last year, 1 has been hired.. The others were let go because of laziness, sleeping on the job, and call offs.. Really? I don't think its lack of jobs out there, its lack of people willing to actually work for their money

I have to let someone go this week for the same.. 45 k. Car, phone, expenses, bennies, 100% hospitalization.
No work ethic. Now. I have a guy that is 72 years old, out sells out works everyone. A 68 years old booked a million buck this month!

I have to find some long term folks and they are not out there.. God help us all.
I swear I am going to go to Taiwan and hire all my employees and bring them here..
How's that for stirring the pot! All day long everyone of my customers ask me if I know anyone that they can hire!

What's up Steve! My bud IS looking for a sales job, he's in Medina too. I'm fairly familiar with your operation, and I'm imagining that the job has to do with Ebay sales of used parts. I'll let him know that you're looking for somebody. I don't know if he could work for the $10-12 per hour though, as he has a wife and two children. I will definitely talk to him about it.

On the other hand-- the Lubrizol spot may be doable for him moneywise. are you guys hiring still?

I like nice stuff, and I like paying my bills on time. I show up and bust ass at my job 6 days a week. My problem is a lack of formal education, so I would get passed on by most employers based on my resume. I think every job should be based on basic aptitude, AND a persons' credit report. I see to it that I maintain a nearly 800 credit score, and I've learned a ton by trial and error, probably more than most. Too bad that a formal education is a prerequisite for most jobs these days. --L*64

Hey Dave-- If you read the above post, it's my/our bud Dave M. looking for a job. He has gotten out of the industry you remember him in, and he's looking to do some kind of sales. Would you be interested in talking to him about the position you have available? You already know that he's a solid family guy, will show up for work, and wants to make money. Definitely a go-getter. No drugs either. Let me know asap. He definitely wants a permanent career with opportunity to grow. --L*64

We currently have an opening for a full time sales position.
$10-$12.50 starting hour rate based on experience

You should be able to get some kid for that rate. Maybe. If you're extremely lucky.
If you really need a real employee, you'll need to do better than that. Maybe commission
sales? That's how we did it in the old days.

wow that sounds like a good job

Its funny, I work Lubrizol.. We are currently hiring, because we cant keep people here that will show up for work, or that are not lazy. Mind you :

Yet, out of the last 6 people that started here in the last year, 1 has been hired.. The others were let go because of laziness, sleeping on the job, and call offs.. Really? I don't think its lack of jobs out there, its lack of people willing to actually work for their money

Tough to find people that want to work. Everyone wants top rate to start. You have to start at the bottom and pay your dues.

I have been trying to find workers for the warehouse most of this summer. Packing orders, running equipment etc.
Not many applicants, but the ones that have come in, after you tell them the company requires a hair follicle drug screening, never come back. Others go through the background check and then fail the drug test. It's maddening.

I can and cannot believe the amount of people who cannot and/or will not pass a hair follicle test. I know people who bitch about their job, then I tell them I can get them in somewhere but they have to pass a piss test, hair test, and yes, a blood alcohol test. Suddenly they don't want to try.. It baffles me.. Money, or money wasting habits.. Many people will work a $10 or 15 dollar an hr job for the rest of their lives because they wont stop smoking weed or taking pills.. But, you get what you pay for as a business owner in most cases..

Like lucky star, I don't have a formal education so it can be tough. I am lucky to be working where I am but there is always the possibility for improvement..

Man, if I didn't have me a fancy government job I'd be hitting you up. That sounds great!

Its not a bad gig, especially someone with nothing but a high school diploma, and an engineering certificate from the local vocational school. Sad we cant keep people here... VERY sad.

I have been trying to find workers for the warehouse most of this summer. Packing orders, running equipment etc.
Not many applicants, but the ones that have come in, after you tell them the company requires a hair follicle drug screening, never come back. Others go through the background check and then fail the drug test. It's maddening.

If what a person does on his own time keeps you from hiring them, you're doing it wrong. If they are coming to work high or drunk, fire them. But turning away everybody except the person desperate enough to stay clean a few weeks to get a job is going to result in a lot of stress for you.

What if you were in Colorado? What if the guy is a raging drunk? Drug test won't see that. What's maddening is that much of society has
somehow decided you can't get a job if you use recreational drugs on your own time, whether that affects your job performance or not.

And one more thing - who decides the level of drug in the follicles is a positive? The test company? How do you control that? If the
applicant fails does anybody check to see if it's a very positive or barely positive?

If what a person does on his own time keeps you from hiring them, you're doing it wrong. If they are coming to work high or drunk, fire them. But turning away everybody except the person desperate enough to stay clean a few weeks to get a job is going to result in a lot of stress for you.

What if you were in Colorado? What if the guy is a raging drunk? Drug test won't see that. What's maddening is that much of society has
somehow decided you can't get a job if you use recreational drugs on your own time, whether that affects your job performance or not.

And one more thing - who decides the level of drug in the follicles is a positive? The test company? How do you control that? If the
applicant fails does anybody check to see if it's a very positive or barely positive?

We just fired one of those here a few months ago, dude came to work hammered multiple times, not such a good idea in a chemical company, blood test got him out of here real quick.

The government decides. If you have a workers comp policy like you are supposed to, one of the ways to get a discount is called " The drug free workplace". Not only that but if your company does work that receives government money in most cases you are REQUIRED to be in the Drug free workplace program. That means employees are subject to random drug testing. They are required to pass a drug test prior to being hired. And in all worker comp claims the first thing they do is drug test you.

So my all knowing Sturd, it is the government who decides in those cases. In all others the company themselves do. In my experience if an employee is smoking weed or an alcoholic on his time he is on mine too. And if that employee who is high or drunk makes any type of mistake that causes a fire or any other damage to a home or business then Im liable. It has happened before and Im not willing to take that chance again. Workers comp automatically denies any claim if the person has any drug in their system, in their opinion employers and workers comp arent liable for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back