OMA Banquet Prize Ideas?

We are getting closer to a date and a place for the banquet.....We will announce it very very soon.

While we are thinking about the Banquet, are there any giveaway suggestions? Things that you liked last year, things you didn't like?

So far the big things we are considering to give away at the banquet is a kids pitbike with an enduro fuel tank so they can ride all day and night at race events in 2015, a harbor freight generator with the muffler removed, an Rc helicopter with real metal blades and a go pro mounted......Anything else?
Now that's funny gift ideas!!!

Taco Bell gift cards,Maybe give away Free Full throttle razor rides on the c track during practice,AMA district cards for 2015 that way you only need Oma cards at the races...

My wife just makes pictures from Photos she takes and gives them out randomly to the regulars. I think the Masters guys like this more than any award. Quite different. They are always a big hit, other than a cash award, and people always remember her and tell her "Remember 10 years ago you....".

Priceless for sure

I think you should give away a RAZOR, for all the pretend "MOTOCROSS" guys who ride quads, this would be an upgrade. Plow snow, haul wood and PLAY MX'er on the C track

images

I think you should give away a RAZOR, for all the pretend "MOTOCROSS" guys who ride quads, this would be an upgrade. Plow snow, haul wood and PLAY MX'er on the C track

images

Good idea Mike! A pleasure as always to hear from you!

I love the idea of Class Champion season pass. We did those at Kames back in '04-06 or something like that...it was done 2 years at least I think. We made them just like a membership card. Tim Farr was on one of them. It stopped due to leadership change...I don't know why...people loved the idea.

Reactions: TBO
I really like the champion card idea, where someone can pick a weekend and they get free gate pass and race entry.

Other ideas floating around upstairs are:

Having three prize tables - with different level prizes to go with your award. For example, $100 items for 1st, $50 items for 2nd-3rd, $25 items for 4th-5th.

Every rider that's eligible for an award gets an OMA gift bag at registration.

In terms of grand prizes it might be tough to top last year. I don't want to show my hand here with these ideas, so I wont post too much of what's up my sleeve, but I will say I would like to giveaway a Honda Generator and possibly an electric power washer as far as entry level grand prizes. Sx tickets again would be cool. Go Pros will never be out...especially with the Hero 4 hitting the streets. What about Grand Prizes? What sort of big ticket items?

what about getting together with a training facilty like SOB MX or something and see if they would help, like a weekend/week training or something. Or like Joel Younkins Training. Something to help benefit riders and hopefully help their riding.

what about getting together with a training facilty like SOB MX or something and see if they would help, like a weekend/week training or something. Or like Joel Younkins Training. Something to help benefit riders and hopefully help their riding.

That has been in the works with SOB since we left there last winter. They actually made the suggestion. Good thinking though. Keep them coming.

How about a Mini O's package? All class winners would receive paid gate admission and class entry for the Mini O. Include a $$$ gas card and possibly a hotel voucher so the trip would basically be free. Those riders could then promote the series and organization by having only the OMA as a sponsor.
Maybe not possible for this year but it may draw more people next year knowing what they are racing for.

There goes the entire banquet budget!! We went last year Chris. Big $$$$ spent. You are EASILY talking about a $1000 package X all class winners. Come on I thought you were a numbers guy!! Lol

Last edited:
That has been in the works with SOB since we left there last winter. They actually made the suggestion. Good thinking though. Keep them coming.

thats why i said SOB MX lol. Plus i know a couple of other riders in OMA go there as well. so i think that would be awesome to do!!!!!

There goes the entire banquet budget!! We went last year Chris. Big $$$$ spent. You are EASILY talking about a $1000 package X all class winners. Come on I thought you were a numbers guy!! Lol
Hey, you guys said GO BIG. Alright how about just class entry? That is $90 per class. If the class champ can not go, offer to second place. If he can not go. You keep the cash and the champ gets a nice pat on the back and an "atta boy"

Chris - I will help you out here a little bit. We have about 400 total awards to be handed out, 130-140 of which are 1st place. Just some stats to chew on. Nothing more, nothing less, no sarcasm, no ill intent. Maybe I need to put that part in my signature so I don't have to post it each time.

Back