EBOLA

MxFreedom33

PR Elite
Seems the second nurse to contract the Ebola virus was on a flight from Cleveland visiting family in Akron a day before she felt the symptoms. Thoughts?

Don't get all worked up. The CDC Director has said over and over again, "There is no chance the virus will spread" and "We have protocols in place".

In other news, Obama heard about the newest U.S. Ebola victim, then promptly went out to play his 200th round of golf since he became President 6 years ago. Maybe he is trying to start a "Putt-out Ebola" campaign?

I have been on 16 planes in the last two weeks for work. So far, no Ebola in me. Hope it stays that way.

This is a logical reaction

Haha, thanks. I'm especially paranoid about these things because I am classified as having an "immune deficiency disorder" due to rupturing my spleen and having it removed. A simple fever causing virus puts me in the hospital, this stuff....game over.

On another note: Just so we are clear, the guy who canceled your health insurance then let ebola loose wants you to know how dangerous "republican policies are"

Not trying to start a political debate....but that made me laugh when I heard it today.

I work at the airport. seriously scary stuff. Im sure the ghetto cleaners in the airport and on the aircraft will do their best to disinfect. All cleaners are lowest bidder companies and pay minimum wage with a high turnover rate. When I taxi aircraft to the gate in the morning, most look like only the trash has been picked up at best.

Seems the second nurse to contract the Ebola virus was on a flight from Cleveland visiting family in Akron a day before she felt the symptoms. Thoughts?

As nurse we aren't ready for this. We wouldn't be able to contain it. There have been zero inservices. Well one, but we were pulled away from it because of patients coming into the unit.

Trust me, you all can get warm and fuzzy from the CDC officials saying we can handle this. We cannot. I'll be damned to go to work. Not worth my life.

I work at the airport. seriously scary stuff. Im sure the ghetto cleaners in the airport and on the aircraft will do their best to disinfect. All cleaners are lowest bidder companies and pay minimum wage with a high turnover rate. When I taxi aircraft to the gate in the morning, most look like only the trash has been picked up at best.

What do you think is cleaning our Hospitals? Temps.....low wage employees.......real pieces of work. It's like smearing a dirty dishcloth around. Looks clean, it ain't.

Don't get all worked up. The CDC Director has said over and over again, "There is no chance the virus will spread" and "We have protocols in place".

In other news, Obama heard about the newest U.S. Ebola victim, then promptly went out to play his 200th round of golf since he became President 6 years ago. Maybe he is trying to start a "Putt-out Ebola" campaign?

I have been on 16 planes in the last two weeks for work. So far, no Ebola in me. Hope it stays that way.

You won't know for another three weeks if it's in you or not.

OMG......settle down. Are you going to be touching infected patients bodily fluid? Then are you going to put your hand in your nose, mouth, eyes or ass???? That is the ONLY way you can get Ebola. The airplane is already clean, nobody had to touch it for it to be clean. 3 hours after being dry outside the body the virus dies.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2014/10/02/352983774/no-seriously-how-contagious-is-ebola

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...ola_n_5992510.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

Baker, you really need to settle down. Dont fall for the media hype! Wow, 2 people in the US have gotten the disease, they didnt follow proper procedures when treating the Texas patient. You are more likely to die from many other things, like driving to work, than you are ebola.

Geez

I listened to the hearing today and what is most worrisome is knowing that 100 to 150 people a day fly in from West Africa. I hear all there excuses but still don't understand why they can't stop people from coming here.

I figured how to finally win some races!

I travel a lot for work and returned from Australia a couple of weeks ago. Two people were sick on the flight so we sat at the end of the runway for 2 hours while 5 in full hazmat type gear asked questions and checked flight itineraries and passports. They finally cleared the flight for U.S. entry and I got through customs. I did wonder where I might have to spend the next few weeks.

I am in Houston and will connect through Dallas on my way back to Cincinnati. Trying to get finished early enough to make it back tomorrow in time to get to Podium 1 for vintage racing on Saturday.

If I line up at the gate with a fever, I might be the only one willing to race. Bingo a win. Damn, I forgot, one guy on an old fancy bike is not a race, my master plan is foiled!

Being a little more serious, I don't plan to stop flying and head out of country again in a couple of weeks. It will be interesting and a bit scary as it unfolds. There will be more people infected along with more panic and governmental absurdity. Right now I am clearly at a much higher risk of dying getting out of the shower tomorrow than from ebola. I wouldn't cancel any flight plans. I see people more often now wiping down their seats and tray tables, probably not a bad idea for a bunch of reasons.

My prayers and thoughts do go out to the brave nurses that are sick and hope for the best for them.

Heard yesterday that her symptoms were perhaps more severe at the time of her departure then we have been led to believe. Now that's comforting!

Heard yesterday that her symptoms were perhaps more severe at the time of her departure then we have been led to believe. Now that's comforting!

Heard the same. Also found out today a PNC branch in Brecksville that does processing shut down due to an employee being on the same plane as the nurse. Frontier didn't clean the plane on the return flight to Cleveland because they did not know she was infected yet. So there is a possibility of another plane full of people that are at risk.

Back