EBOLA

The only thing I know for sure is that every single government appointed "expert" who has spoken on this topic about preparedness and the "facts" as they know them leaves me with very little confidence that they are either prepared or know the facts. The most astounding comments were from the head of the CDC who in a single interview stated that those infected should not fly because it could be transmitted to others on the plane, and a few questions later stated that you could not become infected from sitting next to someone on an airplane with it. The other baffling comment was that if you restrict people from infected areas from coming into the US, it will cause it to spread to the US faster.

A long time political hack lawyer has been appointed ebola czar. Not to worry...
Don't know him but they said he was chosen because of his abilities to organize and coordinate which is sadly needed at the moment. It wouldn't make any difference because no matter who Obama chose he would be criticized for choosing that person.

They said if they restrict them from coming in from West Africa they would possibly route through a different country making it easier to slip in undetected. If they come in directly supposedly we are better able to track them once they are here. I am not sure I buy all that but that is their reasoning.
I believe they are re thinking some of that reasoning but we'll see.
Bottom line...we need to stop the spread in West Africa itself.

Right, and he has no medical back round whatsoever. Isn't this why we have the CDC in the first place? Where's the surgeon general? Oh sorry, he's out confiscating your guns.

I can not believe sometimes how silly (to put it mildly) you guys can be. He doesn't need a medical background. You are right we have the CDC for that. What we do need however is someone who can organize and coordinate and basically get their s**t together so that everyone is on the same page. What happened in Dallas did not need to happen and would not have if their efforts were coordinated and proper protocol in place. We don't have a surgeon general because our government is controlled by outside sources...this time the NRA. Funny our government is too big until something like this happens and then it is suddenly important that it is so that it can handle this crisis. When are you guys going to grow up and realize that Democrat, Republican, either or does not constitute the good guy or the bad guy and your constant bashing of everything the President does isn't going to solve any of problems we face. It makes you look small and ignorant because I guarantee you don't have the answers and neither does the Republican party as a whole. We certainly weren't lavishing in a bed or roses when we had a Republican President anymore then we are at the moment. So instead of thinking Republican or Democrat...think independently and stop quoting every stupid conspiracy you hear on talk radio. No one is out to confiscate your stupid guns unless of course you think and act stupidly and then perhaps you deserve to have them confiscated.

There is a great piece on facebook written by the chief of police in Brimfield about the EBOLA situation. In it he criticizes the federal government for not being totally truthful...but he states this has been going on for over 200 years. Not Democrat..not Republican...federal government. I like this guys thinking.

I can not believe sometimes how silly (to put it mildly) you guys can be. He doesn't need a medical background. You are right we have the CDC for that. What we do need however is someone who can organize and coordinate and basically get their *!*!*!*! together so that everyone is on the same page. What happened in Dallas did not need to happen and would not have if their efforts were coordinated and proper protocol in place. We don't have a surgeon general because our government is controlled by outside sources...this time the NRA. Funny our government is too big until something like this happens and then it is suddenly important that it is so that it can handle this crisis. When are you guys going to grow up and realize that Democrat, Republican, either or does not constitute the good guy or the bad guy and your constant bashing of everything the President does isn't going to solve any of problems we face. It makes you look small and ignorant because I guarantee you don't have the answers and neither does the Republican party as a whole. We certainly weren't lavishing in a bed or roses when we had a Republican President anymore then we are at the moment. So instead of thinking Republican or Democrat...think independently and stop quoting every stupid conspiracy you hear on talk radio. No one is out to confiscate your stupid guns unless of course you think and act stupidly and then perhaps you deserve to have them confiscated.

Independently? NRA, guns and talk radio? Appears from this thread that it takes you about a day to get caught up and tow the party line. Good grief...

I can not believe sometimes how silly (to put it mildly) you guys can be. He doesn't need a medical background. You are right we have the CDC for that. What we do need however is someone who can organize and coordinate and basically get their *!*!*!*! together so that everyone is on the same page. What happened in Dallas did not need to happen and would not have if their efforts were coordinated and proper protocol in place. We don't have a surgeon general because our government is controlled by outside sources...this time the NRA. Funny our government is too big until something like this happens and then it is suddenly important that it is so that it can handle this crisis. When are you guys going to grow up and realize that Democrat, Republican, either or does not constitute the good guy or the bad guy and your constant bashing of everything the President does isn't going to solve any of problems we face. It makes you look small and ignorant because I guarantee you don't have the answers and neither does the Republican party as a whole. We certainly weren't lavishing in a bed or roses when we had a Republican President anymore then we are at the moment. So instead of thinking Republican or Democrat...think independently and stop quoting every stupid conspiracy you hear on talk radio. No one is out to confiscate your stupid guns unless of course you think and act stupidly and then perhaps you deserve to have them confiscated.

Guns aren't stupid.....people who view them as that.....well fill in the blank. You had a great thought going until the last sentence. It was damn near " small " or " igornant ". ;)

Guns aren't stupid.....people who view them as that.....well fill in the blank. You had a great thought going until the last sentence. It was damn near " small " or " igornant ". ;)
If I am to be viewed as small and ignorant I am glad that it is over one small improperly used word to describe guns then a whole slew of words that in the end make no sense. Glad you enjoyed the rest of my rant.

It's pretty entertaining when these threads get so far off topic and k01 starts posting stuff that confuses everybody. lol

193314_5_.jpg

Plenty of time for golf this weekend. And two ebola meetings where the president got really mad. But the new czar didn't attend, apparently he was cleaning out his desk or something.

And where has Dr. Lurie been during all of this?
http://thefederalist.com/2014/10/14/president-obama-already-has-an-ebola-czar-where-is-she/

Last edited:
You know what's weird. Not one ebola news thread on Facebook today. I'm assuming Obama called FB and had them shut it down yet I had to endure 600,000 ice bucket posts. I'm just waiting on my call to shut down PR.

Omg what?!? The media blew everything way out of purportion and the majority of the public was freaking out about nothing? Idk, doubtful...

Back