Moto news for 2015?

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Since some of us got WAY off topic on the silly thread lets try to keep this one on point.
I got a handout for a new track in Kentucky this weekend at Chilli but I can not find it. Anyone else get the hand out and if so, what is the place called???

I asked around about other rumors and insider news but it seems either no one knows anything, or nothing more is changing on the race track front. I did hear something about a new 2015 amateur team by an Ohio shop may be put together but was warned my life my be in danger if I talked about it... So I AINT TALKING ABOUT IT... just hinting... (My mother would not be happy if she knew I said "aint")

Who is changing brands?
Who is actually advancing to the next class? or being forced to?
How many races are each of the tracks planning on having next year?
New tracks for moto support vehicles next year?
New sponsors for riders? Tracks? Series?
New or more factory contingency for 2015?

That track was brushy ....something can't remember the second part of the name. I have the flyer in the motorhome I will look at it when I get home.

After searching a little online I think it's brushy fork

I'm dropping back to an 85, the 125 is just too tall, I throw my hip out every time I mount. Seriously though: we love all the tracks on the OMA circuit. Hope to see them back and maybe a track added in or maybe a revamped C track from the cliff under the lights! Vintage class would be cool, I'd sell the Yammy for that.

I'll chime in on this one... Changes to the AMA amateur racing program for 2015
  • Brand new for 2015, "Video evidence may be allowed in protests and appeals, at the discretion of the referee or AMA." Before only "professional video" could be used, now we can look at helmet cam footage for course cutting, yellow flag infractions, etc.
  • Change to the National Advancement system's "Rider Advancement Points" in the AMA rulebook. Trying to limit the amount of weight added to small grassroots events with advancement, while adding more weight to the featured events. For the most part, events with 5-14 participants, there is no more advancement starting in 2015.
  • Combined class advancement. Race classes that are open classes (collegeboy, vet classes, two-stroke) will now be advancement classes. Classes that have combined classifications, the riders will be separated by classification and points will be awarded according to the number of riders within their classification based upon the Rider Advancement Points chart. RPV of 15 and higher will be advanced.
  • Our Amateur National program (loretta lynn's) will feature a new class.
We are also working on revamping our AMA Vintage racing program and our Pro-Am program. Nothing final at this point...

Expect a official announcement on new rules for 2015 hopefully soon.

Alex Hunter
AMA Motocross Coordinator

Finally, a married class! Everyone who's allowed to show up gets a participation trophy (so we can prove we went). Everyone who disobeys their spouse and sticks around for the second motos gets a 12 pack to help them get through the argument later. Can't wait!

How about a husband and wife team class. Husband runs 2 laps, wife runs 2 laps. The Day's are going down. Haha:p

Hmmmm.... You should have been paying attention to me in the Chillitown tent Knox.... I had a promoter or two introduce themselves to me.... HMMMMM... Now WHY would that be? Hahahahahahaaa! That should get you buzzing.... lol

We expressed interest in many changes for 2015 to many parties.....Nothing set in stone though. The possibility of big news looms large. The decision makers are on it, so sit tight, maybe try Sudoku to pass time?

• Change to the National Advancement system's "Rider Advancement Points" in the AMA rulebook. Trying to limit the amount of weight added to small grassroots events with advancement, while adding more weight to the featured events. For the most part, events with 5-14 participants, there is no more advancement starting in 2015.

Alex Hunter
AMA Motocross Coordinator

Sounds like instead of curbing the sand bagging problem you have made it officially OK to do. Now the sand baggers can ride both motos at the local level without fear of advancement.

Hmmmm.... You should have been paying attention to me in the Chillitown tent Knox.... I had a promoter or two introduce themselves to me.... HMMMMM... Now WHY would that be? Hahahahahahaaa! That should get you buzzing.... lol
You were always too busy for me to bother you. Kinda sounds like you are building a monopoly in that tent.
Now give us a teaser on who they were....
The combined class advancement sounds great. I have noticed a lot of sandbaggers in those classes
Im betting on a vet pro class

Ok, its getting close to the time of the AQ/Regional schedule release... Anyother Ohio tracks in the mix this year?

The new class is Women's Pro/40+ A, first gate drop is still to be decided.....

Combined class advancement. Race classes that are open classes (collegeboy, vet classes, two-stroke) will now be advancement classes. Classes that have combined classifications, the riders will be separated by classification and points will be awarded according to the number of riders within their classification based upon the Rider Advancement Points chart.

If that is used for the open Vet classes like +30 and +40, I might end up getting demoted back to C class when the numbers are tallied!

Well.....I guess I could let at least one cat out of the bag........We are bringing back the BC GP for 2015!!! More like an MX GP than a Woods GP, but nonetheless there you go. That news should keep you cool for a month or so, right?

Back