Moto news for 2015?

I have been waiting to use this punch line since a co-worker told me a couple of weeks ago.

I am becoming a Promoter in Ohio...true story I just made up.

Well.....I guess I could let at least one cat out of the bag........We are bringing back the BC GP for 2015!!! More like an MX GP than a Woods GP, but nonetheless there you go. That news should keep you cool for a month or so, right?

WooooHooooooo!!! I love GP's!!!

Sorry Knox - I know..I really wanted to talk to you! No time for socializing it seems!!

Will davefest be on the OMA schedule ?? That's a hot rumor I heard from no one!
Yeah, call it Davefest at Hershey Kiss MX...trophys are 1lb Hershey Kisses...250 Hershey Kisses first class, 200 for second and third. 100 Kisses admission for the weekend and a wooden pallet or gallon of diesel fuel for the bonfire...

Another cat snuck in the bag last night......fairly big news.....waiting on the official announcement from the powers that be. Its an improvement to the OMA, its an improvement to our moto community.

Another cat snuck in the bag last night......fairly big news.....waiting on the official announcement from the powers that be. Its an improvement to the OMA, its an improvement to our moto community.

What a new class structure with 18 classes?

FloodgatesPandorasboxCanofworms.jpg

I have a suggestion for 2015. Why doesn't OMA use transponders for all of their race events? It it feasible or is there to much cost. It seems to me that this would help with the confusion when people are running the same numbers (like #65) and also keep the finishing order straight. It may even speed up the process for the day (riders and staff) and possibly speed up the points entry on the computer (not sure about that). While, I am sure there is a cost to buying the transponder equipment, I would think there would be a significant labor saving by years end.

I have a suggestion for 2015. Why doesn't OMA use transponders for all of their race events? It it feasible or is there to much cost. It seems to me that this would help with the confusion when people are running the same numbers (like #65) and also keep the finishing order straight. It may even speed up the process for the day (riders and staff) and possibly speed up the points entry on the computer (not sure about that). While, I am sure there is a cost to buying the transponder equipment, I would think there would be a significant labor saving by years end.

The cost of the transponder system used by mylaps is roughly a 5-7k investment for tracks, plus the cost of transponders for rental, assuming not everyone will plunk down $150 to buy one. And they still recommend hand scoring in case there is a transponder blip or snafu. We had it for the ATV National it was slick, but a lot of people there paid $25 to rent a transponder.

I guess in my mind, it's either we start picking different numbers to run or increase the cost of racing more than it is already. I think it's more economical for tracks to hire Connie and her crew to score, you will need at least 1 out of two of them anyway. It's something I would eventually offer, but to make it mandatory overnight might be tough.

With a software system such as Motosponder, you would have an initial expense between $6K-$10K, but you could use RF tags/stickers which can be bought for as cheap as $0.50 each. Riders could continue to use those tags as long as they last. Will hold up to water and mud, but could get torn in a crash.

I know some AMA organizations charge riders an additional fee for these RF stickers, but with the low actual cost of the tags, it's just another way to gouge the riders. Tracks could also make additional money by printing out lap time sheets for any riders that wanted to buy them for a dollar each or something.

Well.....I guess I could let at least one cat out of the bag........We are bringing back the BC GP for 2015!!! More like an MX GP than a Woods GP, but nonetheless there you go. That news should keep you cool for a month or so, right?

I'm going to dust my a$$ out of retirement for this one. On a 125 to boot! I haven't raced since 2004. I think I'm overdue. Thinking about two classes with at least a 1 hour break in between... I will be eligible for 40+ this coming year too! Lots of choices for class selection.

Back