Moto news for 2015?

I guess my question is why would Route 62 join the Southwestern MX Series? I like both the OSWMXS and Route 62, but living in C-bus, on the south side, gives me the advantage to enjoy both, as I would believe most of the OSWMXS racers are from southern regions of Ohio and will have to spend a lot more time on the road than normal to race up there? Wouldn't it have made more sense for Route 62 to join CRA or OMA?

I have to laugh at some of the people that get top 5 awards for just hitting the most races.

With the Southwest Series you must run 50% of the races to be eligible for year end awards, which this year was 8 races. Only your best 8 races are counted towards series awards. However, if you raced all 16, you did get bonus points as well as bonus points if you ran all the races at one track. I was bit bonus points this year when a guy ran all races at one track and received 5 bonus points. He beat me by 2 points bumping me from 1st to 2nd.

Awards were ok this year, with a lot of Free Fly gear and door prizes. I was a little let down that I didn't get to increase the tire stock in the garage this year though. The Buckeye Series had always given away tires as awards since the very beginning, but the Buckeye Series was dropped this year when AMS pulled out . Was hoping that would have been picked back up for the Southwest Series.

There wasn't any major announcements aside from Route 62 that I can recall. Although I could have missed it with trying to keep track of a 3 year old running around.

I guess my question is why would Route 62 join the Southwestern MX Series? I like both the OSWMXS and Route 62, but living in C-bus, on the south side, gives me the advantage to enjoy both, as I would believe most of the OSWMXS racers are from southern regions of Ohio and will have to spend a lot more time on the road than normal to race up there? Wouldn't it have made more sense for Route 62 to join CRA or OMA?
The sw series was a better fit for us. I went to a couple races in the sw series this year and knew most of the riders there. We only took 2 races next year. Time will tell if it was a good decision or not...

With the Southwest Series you must run 50% of the races to be eligible for year end awards, which this year was 8 races. Only your best 8 races are counted towards series awards. However, if you raced all 16, you did get bonus points as well as bonus points if you ran all the races at one track. I was bit bonus points this year when a guy ran all races at one track and received 5 bonus points. He beat me by 2 points bumping me from 1st to 2nd.

Awards were ok this year, with a lot of Free Fly gear and door prizes. I was a little let down that I didn't get to increase the tire stock in the garage this year though. The Buckeye Series had always given away tires as awards since the very beginning, but the Buckeye Series was dropped this year when AMS pulled out . Was hoping that would have been picked back up for the Southwest Series.

There wasn't any major announcements aside from Route 62 that I can recall. Although I could have missed it with trying to keep track of a 3 year old running around.

Before people start comparing and contrasting....For 2015 we are combining everything except faircross for a true overall champion.....no minimum number of races required for the overall championships! Back to the top 5 across the board, and with gas predictions to be down through spring, this would be a golden opportunity to race the OMA freight train for the southwest rider base that is seeking more competition.

Anyone seen a schedule for the Southern series? Back when we had D-11 (Thank GOD we don't anymore) the schedule was set the first week on December and was available pretty much the day after. Now, Im not sure when it is released.
I want to hit a few races in Kentucky next year also. Again I have not idea when that schedule is released.

Kind of a fun way to spend a winter day setting down with all the schedules of old D-11, OMA and neighboring states and figuring out where are we going to go.

image.jpg
Hey Knox you get a bike yet? Come on man it will be fun!!

That hurts...
No I don't have a bike new bike yet. Accumulating parts and pieces to make one bad arse KX500. If I am going to race it has to be on something fun. No fart bike for this fat boy

I'll chime in on this one... Changes to the AMA amateur racing program for 2015
  • Brand new for 2015, "Video evidence may be allowed in protests and appeals, at the discretion of the referee or AMA." Before only "professional video" could be used, now we can look at helmet cam footage for course cutting, yellow flag infractions, etc.
  • Change to the National Advancement system's "Rider Advancement Points" in the AMA rulebook. Trying to limit the amount of weight added to small grassroots events with advancement, while adding more weight to the featured events. For the most part, events with 5-14 participants, there is no more advancement starting in 2015.
  • Combined class advancement. Race classes that are open classes (collegeboy, vet classes, two-stroke) will now be advancement classes. Classes that have combined classifications, the riders will be separated by classification and points will be awarded according to the number of riders within their classification based upon the Rider Advancement Points chart. RPV of 15 and higher will be advanced.
  • Our Amateur National program (loretta lynn's) will feature a new class.
We are also working on revamping our AMA Vintage racing program and our Pro-Am program. Nothing final at this point...

Expect a official announcement on new rules for 2015 hopefully soon.

Alex Hunter
AMA Motocross Coordinator

got an email from the ama yesterday regarding this combined class advancement. does this mean if you run 30 or 35 or 40 plus and have an average of 15 or higher you are getting bumped to the next class? crazy huh getting bumped without even running a 30C or a 30B class. it dont matter to me cause im A already. but wow crazy to think guys that run vet classes that are combined,example 30+,will get bumped not even knowing who is a b or c when they are out there racing that combined class. am i understanding this rule correctly

Back