Moto news for 2015?

OK the 2 qualifiers in OH is great. But the fact a "track" that does not hold a race the rest of the year but still gets a regional makes me sick. I mean come on. They don't have a 10foot section of flat land in the parking lot.
Oh well. Congrats BC and the Vern. Maybe next year one will get the youth regional and the other gets the amateur regional

I know the AMA reads this board, well one person in particular does, I doubt if MX Sports does. If you feel that strongly, I would contact Tim Cotter, he handles coordinating the regional locations.

OK the 2 qualifiers in OH is great. But the fact a "track" that does not hold a race the rest of the year but still gets a regional makes me sick. I mean come on. They don't have a 10foot section of flat land in the parking lot.
Oh well. Congrats BC and the Vern. Maybe next year one will get the youth regional and the other gets the amateur regional

Knox you do know WHO owns Sunday Creek right? That will answer all of your questions on how that works. That track is rock hard and dangerous as well as having a s**t pit area!!

I know the AMA reads this board, well one person in particular does, I doubt if MX Sports does.

I know several people from AMA do, or at least they used to. Also, many people from MXsports and RacerX used to frequent here. A guy from RacerX actually designed the PitRacer.com logo that's been in use for years (think he left RacerX a few years back). No idea if any of them still get on here.

Moto News for 2015? I got your moto news for 2015

image.jpg

A couple of major issues with that standard. First it is based off known rpm of the machine. Bike is to be tested at half the "red line" to bad my tack is not working this week....
Second is the frequency of calibration. Calibration must be make from a known master in controlled conditions at the beginning of the day, end of the day and each hour of testing. This spec was created for road bikes and is trying to be enforced for off road applications which is just not possible.
I am all for testing and keeping noise to a minimum but a specification must be developed for off-road

I found it up in my cupboards as I was cleaning out my garage. I was fairly serious about testing about 6-7 years ago. It is j1287. If I recall you can get an rpm reader that sits on the seat.

This is a test for stationary motorcycles, including offroad motorcycles.
As the standard states, it is not the optimum method but it is one
that can be used in the field, away from an anechoic chamber.

You can get an rpm reader that, when pressed against most any part of the
engine, reads RPM also.

There is a list of max and test RPMs out there, I found it in 0.31seconds using Gurgle.
Only went to 2011 model year but I'll bet another 0.32 seconds and I can find up to
current year.

There is no requirement for calibration daily though the instrument must be calibrated
periodically. Typically 1 year intervals.

This test is used at many dual sport runs. Not too hard to perform and relatively
good way of keeping way loud motorcycles from pissing off non-dirt bikers.

so much for not scheduling Summit the same weekend for AX....... Bet that pro turnout is the worst since that weekend is opening round in CINCINNATI!!!!!!
Dates are picked 2 years in advance. It's the only way to reserve dates for the fairground facility or else they wouldn't get a date. The indoor dates are currently reserved up to 2016.

Back