TVLand GP!

Vet261

PR Addict
Wow what a fun time! This was one of the most fun GP's I've ever done. Great combination of MX tracks, some dips in and out of woods, and just general zipping around all areas of the property.

Trevor uses a great amount of imagination in just looking at all of his land and making a super fun riding lap. One of the coolest things was ripping 4th gear tapped on the 450 down the long grass straight. You would jump a step-up on the mx track, and then just pin it straight through the gears all the way to the front of the property and tie into the mini track.

The woods were just right-- not overwhelming where we feel like we are riding a harescramble and lost in tight woods for 10 minutes. You'd go from riding on the mx track, to a third gear sweeper around the pond, dip into the woods for about 30 seconds, then out onto the front turn track. LOVED IT.

Can't wait to do it again! Nice job, thanks for all the hard work to make it happen.

index.php

Last edited:
Ya. It was pretty cool. I love going out to Trev's spot even if it's just to spectate. He's an epic host, which makes the events even better. --L*64

Good fun was had by all, the course was challenging and conditions were perfect for a late October day!

The GP races are really something everyone should try, a cross between hairscramble and moto, and Trevor makes it fun and interesting. Always a great time!

It really seems that GP racing is the answer for guys like myself that because we would rather ride more and sit less get labeled the "practice guy". GP = racing+bigger tracks+more time on bike+ almost no sitting around sitting around.

Sorry, I had to miss this because of a family medical emergency. MR TV is one of the best ambassadors for the sport. I think he is a tremendous guy who knows how to promote a safe, yet very challenging MX event or GP event. He's over 230 miles away, but I wish TV Land was closer. I would be at all his events.

He's a great guy too. I wish him much more success next year. I think I'll be coming out to some events next year that don't conflict with another series that I do. You guys out that way really need to support him instead of Area 51 and all those out of state qualies and such. He runs a tight program, gets done at reasonably time, and usually lets you practice after the race. That's a bargain for you guys that live within an hour of the place!

TV-my kid loves the track but hates the 4 hour ride. I'll be coming out more. He's 16 now-if he doesn't want to go because it's "too far", I'm leaving him home. I'm almost 55, so I got to do this while there is sunlight left.

Thank you Trevor!!! We had a very nice day at TVLand - sorry it took so long for us to get back there. Ryan always likes to go there. He had a blast!!! Keep up the good work

This was our first GP Race and didn't know really what to expect or what it was about. The track was literally from corner to corner of the facility. Trevor used every different section he could and Ryan loved it. His favorite was the Enduro section over the rocks. We will definitely look to do this and more of these next year at TVLand!!

Thanks everyone!
It was great to have a nice weekend around here for a change. lol
It seems we went from summer straight into rain and cool temps... but not last weekend!
It really is great to hear all of your positive comments!!
I have some pics to share when I get them sorted. Not Rich's pics caliber but I'm still excited to share them.

It was a real treat to watch the best of the woods take on the best of MX.
Melek and Henry put on a show!! Such a cool race to watch. That's what GP racing is about , along with a fun layout, Getting the woods riders together with the track riders.

I wonder what it will take to get a GP up to where it should or could be? I mean it seemed like one of the last good riding weekends in the north, no CRA race, a light day at MX 213 (which isn't even that close really). I know Area 51 had an event but to only get around 50 entries makes me wonder. MX races seem to be on the decline as well in this area. (I know, except for the Battle rounds).
But as I ride around on my tractor I can't help but wonder what would help my program around here.

Last edited:
I hear what your saying Trevor, TVL is one of the best local places to ride and we wish more racers would give it a go. More word needs to get out about the fun of GP racing and the quality track prep and seat time, these all add up to positives in my book!

Here are a few shots I took at the GP on Sunday.

The cat and mouse battle up front between Kenny Henry and Jeff Melek was cool!

Dave Smith and Donnie Edixon, rockin' some skills!

PJamin Dylewski

DSC04508_zpsad4066ee.jpg

Melek in the air!

Not everyday do you see this.

Evan was all smiles!

Last edited:
Very cool. I like that the event is so laid back. No who's better than who. Just get out, do some riding, and have fun. No sitting around waiting all day long for your moto to come up. I like the event alot, and I wasn't even riding. If you had it earlier in the year, it may get more riders? --L*64

Great shots ! Thanks again Trevor, cant wait for next year!

Why not combine the Pine lake event and this one for a series? Maybe get some other tracks involved in that series too.....cough BC cough cough.....

Awesome pics! Some of those shots showing the nice green mowed grass, blue sky, and sparkling water are so cool!

I wanna do it again! Run one in the Spring!

I'll try to post my GoPro from the first lap of the Open Moto and the Vet Moto this weekend. Some pretty cool footage of some of you guys in there.

Wow! Those photos look great. What a well kept facility. Like riding in a park or on a golf course. Why didn't more turn out for this one?

I checked out the website.

Could this be true?
10837.jpg

Just now getting to see the pic's....Wow, beautiful place to race, and cool layout.
No doubt about it, that would of been a fun one.
acttr

Back