Local pros... When is enough to much

Let's look at this from a different angle. (I can't believe this but maybe MXGP has it right) Don't pay the riders anything. They will still show up. The top guys are getting all their money from team sponsorship so the $1000 they do pay is just tip money. The crowd pays to watch the top guys, not the no name running around in 27th place. So why do we even bother with a 40 man field? Just leave it at 25 and do a better job of promoting them. We as racers look at it as we are putting on the show but not getting paid. And that is the answer. The riders are entertainers FIRST and the race for points and money is a very distant SECOND. The show is the top guys or "the stars", the guy battling for 30th is basically an "extra" and in the entertainment business the stars get millions per show and the extras get to say they were in the background.

If Arenacross is the road to Supercross, what is the road to the National series? The Pro-Am "series" that is being run in 3 or 4 locations every weekend is one of the ways riders "earn" a pro licenses. That as we all know is a bunch of crap. Its just another way to pull more money. I think this is where the "extras" should ALL be. Cut that series down to 12 or 14 rounds and offer large purse $. You could develop riders and use the series like a minor league where factory and support teams could pluck replacement riders from.
If events like the battle can produce enough sponsorship support to offer free entry and still pay back big bucks, then an AMA national Pro Am series should be able to do the same.

Some of us have been lucky enough to be able to "chase the dream". And we do have a life time of memories to take with us. But if we were able to support ourselves better, and have more time to develop skills on a national level, perhaps the Pro level would have 15 to 20 guys per class capable of winning instead of the 5 we have.

The system is there, all it would take is a group to step up and organize it.

Baker you need to take some of your brothers meds.....geez.

Unless the pro teams boycott Feld isnt doing anything about pay. Privateers are a dime a dozen, if they boycott the next in line will be there to race.

Not a union. A union represents spoiled over paid people which do "work" that ANYONE else can do. Need a light name like Professional Riders Organization . PRO for short. Brilliant, I am brilliant

Baker you need to take some of your brothers meds.....geez.

Unless the pro teams boycott Feld isnt doing anything about pay. Privateers are a dime a dozen, if they boycott the next in line will be there to race.
Then the fans need to storm the track. Tear down the monster can. Rip apart the tough blocks. That'll show em !!!

The pro teams should demand bigger purses so they can recruit new talent who can afford to stay in the pro level and develop there skills. instead if giving the same guy the same opportunities.

Not a union. A union represents spoiled over paid people which do "work" that ANYONE else can do. Brilliant, I am brilliant

One of these days when you own a track and begin your Dream of becoming a MX Promotor, make sure that you paint this comment on your track sign. I'm sure it will be appreciated by those who Patronize your business on race day.

Particularly those who work in the following "Anyone else can do professions": Nursing and medical professionals, School teachers and Education, Law Enforcement workers, Power Lineman workers, Power Plant operators, Electricians, Plumbers, Boilermakers, Heavy equipment operators, etc. ...... Yea, they'll appreciate that. (especially if they are there so that little Johnny can race).

Last edited:
I was a union member for 8 years when I worked for GM. (URW local 87) Try to convince someone who does not know better.
For 8 years I watched people sleeping in the bathrooms, working the attendance system, Drinking on the job, Working harder on avoiding work then actually doing it, and my personal favorite, Selling out the next generation of "union brothers" so they could get a better retirement.
The entire experience was a huge eye opener. Being the son of a union truck driver, my whole childhood was spent believing in the mission of a union. "For the betterment and protection of the worker." While I still HOPE that is the true mission, ALL of my experience was watching the union protect the 2% of the member which represent 100% of the whiners. So, if I do become a MX promoter, the 98% are more then welcome. The 2% can stay home and call their committeemen.
Sure, there are good people in unions, but the bad apples DO spoil the bunch.

The skilled trades unions that you mentioned seem to be part of the 98%.

Not a union. A union represents spoiled over paid people which do "work" that ANYONE else can do. Need a light name like Professional Riders Organization . PRO for short. Brilliant, I am brilliant
I guess anyone can bolt a seat in a car. Put a tail gate on. Not a chance some yoyo without a brain is wiring a house, titrating medications, or doing something that legitimately takes skill and craftsmanship.

I think unions cater too much to the brainless assholes who they think will vote however they want them to vote. (For Union president etc) You get a guy interviewing with a brain and they shut it down. Too risky to hire that guy and secures the future as a company. Let's hire people that will drag us down in the mud.

I was a union member for 8 years when I worked for GM. (URW local 87) Try to convince someone who does not know better.
For 8 years I watched people sleeping in the bathrooms, working the attendance system, Drinking on the job, Working harder on avoiding work then actually doing it, and my personal favorite, Selling out the next generation of "union brothers" so they could get a better retirement.
The entire experience was a huge eye opener. Being the son of a union truck driver, my whole childhood was spent believing in the mission of a union. "For the betterment and protection of the worker." While I still HOPE that is the true mission, ALL of my experience was watching the union protect the 2% of the member which represent 100% of the whiners. So, if I do become a MX promoter, the 98% are more then welcome. The 2% can stay home and call their committeemen.
Sure, there are good people in unions, but the bad apples DO spoil the bunch.

The skilled trades unions that you mentioned seem to be part of the 98%.

Sounds more like a description of our government.o_O

Back