2015 AMA Vintage Motocross National Championship info...

After Vintage Days was over last year I watched the race videos we took on the TV. I recall hitting the rewind button couple of times as Mooch got really good starts and great drives to the first turn on that bike. Yea, can't argue, it's fast!

By the way thanks for the CD. I have watched it a few times at work. Makes me smile .....I can almost smell the two - stroke oil

You're welcome. It's always cool to see yourself racing from the perspective of another riders GoPro.

AMA Vintage Grand Tour lists Action Sports Flashback weekend at 5-16/17, however Action Sports website states 5-23/24.

Alex the AMA Vintage Grand Tour is a great idea plus what the Vintage scence needs to keep the old bikes and riders out on the track!
Maico Mark

beenridin with winning the + 40b class last year,does that bump you to the A class?

I wondered about that rule. It looks like the 2014 winners advance this year and 2015 winners will be advanced next year.

It was written in the 2014 rules to apply to 2014 winners. I might be reading the rule wrong.

From the supplemental rules for 2015

2014 Vintage Motocross National Champions in a B or C class (not the B/C combined classes) are not eligible to the race in that classification. 2015 Vintage Motocross National Champions in a B or C class (not the B/C combined classes) will be advanced to the next classification.

It does not state that 2014 champions are advanced.

"Not eligible" and "advanced" are two different things.

It does not state that 2014 champions are advanced.

"Not eligible" and "advanced" are two different things.

Thanks John and that is the wording I wondered about. I didn't/don't understand what "not eligible" really means in context with the word "advanced". If a rider is not advanced to the next class and yet is not eligible for the class he won, what are his options? Not to race in that specific class again? But a rider that is advanced is automatically required to race in the next class up so then has to race all races in the class equal to the class he is advanced to?

Example:
If a rider won the EVO 123 Super Senior B class in 2014, they are not eligble to race in that class again in 2015 but are not automatically advanced to an A rider. This rider could still race in combined B/C bike age/displacement specific races?

In 2015 if a rider wins the EVO 123 Super Senior B class they are advanced to an A rider and need to race in A classes in 2016. This rider would then need to race A class in the bike age/displacement specific races?

I have read posts related to rider classifications, advancement, past classifications, and what class they can ride. They always generate a lot of debate and fuzzy interpretations.

It is a bit confusing, perhaps Alex Hunter can give us some "official" feedback.

I read it a bit different than some of you. The 2015 AMA Supplemental rules state the following.

" 2014 Vintage Motocross National Champions in a B or C class ( not the b/c combined) are not eligible to race in that classification".

My interpretation is that if you won ANY "C" class last year you are now an "B" racer, and if you won ANY "B class you are now an "A" racer.

In my case I won the 50+ "C" class in 2014 so will be designated as a "B" racer now, irrespective of the displacement or age class. And I also won the EVO 3 125cc B/C class but that does not result in being advanced to a higher class

Regardless of rules and all that nonsense, let's just take an honest look at this. Nothing against Babet, but he's not an A racer and should not be racing A class and he knows this.

Let's be adults here, we aren't 16 year olds arguing over 125C class advancement. Moving from C to B is one thing, but moving from B to A is entirely different. If Mike belongs in the A class, then so do a couple dozen other folks who will be signed up in B class at Mid Ohio, including myself.

Mike will fit in nicely in the +50B class at Mid Ohio and I doubt he would be the favorite to win the class.

Drew confirmed this week when I sent him a note that it is the 16/17, Log Road is the following weekend.

Back