2015 AMA Vintage Motocross National Championship info...

Regardless of rules and all that nonsense, let's just take an honest look at this. Nothing against Babet, but he's not an A racer and should not be racing A class and he knows this.

Let's be adults here, we aren't 16 year olds arguing over 125C class advancement. Moving from C to B is one thing, but moving from B to A is entirely different. If Mike belongs in the A class, then so do a couple dozen other folks who will be signed up in B class at Mid Ohio, including myself.

Mike will fit in nicely in the +50B class at Mid Ohio and I doubt he would be the favorite to win the class.

AHRMA helmet stripes all over again. o_O

Regardless of rules and all that nonsense, let's just take an honest look at this. Nothing against Babet, but he's not an A racer and should not be racing A class and he knows this.

Let's be adults here, we aren't 16 year olds arguing over 125C class advancement.

Agree completely, but expect somebody will be a pr**ck about it. I was thinking about me as a guy with 7 lifetime races. I won (use the word loosely) a C class a couple of years ago and didn't even come close to really winning a C class race - just raced more races.

I want to advance as soon as I can but need to keep realistic and these 52 year old bones as safe as possible for me and also for everyone else on the track.

Simply... if a rider won a National Championship in a B or C class in 2014, either a age class or cc class (not the B/C classes or open classes). That rider is not eligible for that class in 2015.

So for example if you won the 50+ B class... then you are bumped to 50+ A for the Vintage National. If you won the Non-Current B/C then you still eligible for that B/C class.

Simply... if a rider won a National Championship in a B or C class in 2014, either a age class or cc class (not the B/C classes or open classes). That rider is not eligible for that class in 2015.

So for example if you won the 50+ B class... then you are bumped to 50+ A for the Vintage National. If you won the Non-Current B/C then you still eligible for that B/C class.

After reading this I'm still confused. But the answer to this example should help clear things up for me. The racer beenridin won the 40+ B class last year. Will he be required to race the 50+ A class this year?

Last edited:
I think I can't ride the 40b anymore. But can ride different b classes. Like 50b
That's how I read it. I think?

I think I can't ride the 40b anymore. But can ride different b classes. Like 50b
That's how I read it. I think?
Yes, it appears that it can be read that way and some others. But if you race 50+ B, can you race 40+A also? Are A, B and C skill level designations? Does the racer just get bumped up in just one class with a win? How does a series winner equate with a single race winner? What does the + stand for? And so on???
I'd think that you should be able to ride B class. A, B and C should be tied to what was on your AMA district card.

Hey, thanks for the props on my holeshots with the RM250! Other than the pipe, the motor is stock...I just cheat by getting my wifey to push me off the starting line for a little extra boost :)

Bummer to see that Action Sports will not be part of AMA series this year but glad to hear Drew will run his vintage flashback weekend in October on his own without AMA or AHRMA backing.

Not really happy to see that the AMA is stretching moto at Mid-Ohio into a 2 day deal. Not fond of setting around for 2 days even if it's for 3 motos. I always enjoy hanging out for Friday and Saturday, checking out the swap meet, watching other races and socializing and then having just one day to be tied to the mx track.

558 start 3 MO 2012j.jpg

Keep them advancing to give the next guys there chance! If u win a title in my book u are ready for the next class up. You may not run at the front right away but gives you a new goal to step it up!

Back