Where is PitRacer going?

I am thinking a huge opportunity will be a pitracer instagram when the riding season comes around... Track owners will be urged to post pictures that can be shown on the PR instagram and riders that are at the track can tag PR in the posts as well. Pictures are worth a thousand words.... a thousand honest words for the most part... and I feel like when riders can see what they are missing out on or see their choices for a day, people will get more involved....

Pitracer should deff have an Instagram. That is how you reach a large majority of the moto crowd, especially younger. Instagram is a great place for Pitracer itself to have some fun highlighting events, riders, and other happenings within our moto community, all while linking back to this site. Moto related accounts spread like wildfire throughout Instagram.

Pitracer should deff have an Instagram. That is how you reach a large majority of the moto crowd, especially younger. Instagram is a great place for Pitracer itself to have some fun highlighting events, riders, and other happenings within our moto community, all while linking back to this site. Moto related accounts spread like wildfire throughout Instagram.
We use Instagram a lot as you can tell. Very easy to post pics quickly as the riding day goes on.
image.jpg

Possibly another unanswered question is how can the site encourage more posts from more people so it isn't considered as "cliquey" .. Regardless of whether I agree or disagree with that statement there is a select audience that PR appeals to and I truly think with some effort that audience can grow..

And yes I also agree that Hershey is a sand nagger...
Random free t-shirt to new people... Motoslobs love free t-shirts. Go to a Supercross and watch the people beat the snot out of each other for a $0.50 shirt launched out of a cannon. The black eye group can start their own clique

I am just an outsider here.

You're more than an outsider dude. You are my friend and a respected vet rider in this community. We are all family in this region. Our successes and failures are directly related to each other. Any open forum will have strong personalities but promoters should be eating up all the free feedback (marketing research). We have had a handful of smart moderators for a couple years now. Track bashing used to flourish and it still gets moderated from time to time but what we have here now is just honest feedback.

That said we could shut down the forums today and we'd still have enough content in our other areas to help this sport grow. Rider Planet has been around for years and it's just a track guide. Vurb Moto is just a media outlet. With our new event calendar integrated with our track guide integrated with our galleries integrated with our forums we taking it to the next level and I want PA and all the Mid-West states to come along for the ride.

Definitely agree on a PitRacer Instagram. Get multiple people to run it (I volunteer...) and post screenshots of info or a pic of the track, something along those lines and then a link to it in the bio of the page.. Just an idea.. You could advertise on other Instagram pages, popular ones. Maybe have $100 wrapped up in advertisements, and you'll get more followers/viewers for the page and website..

Also, why not try to turn this into somewhat of a media outlet like Vital? Opens the door to more people. Some people don't like to just look for tracks to ride, they just like staying up to date with what's going on in the industry..

I don't know.. I'm just rambling on here..

Also, why not try to turn this into somewhat of a media outlet like Vital? Opens the door to more people. Some people don't like to just look for tracks to ride, they just like staying up to date with what's going on in the industry..

That takes time, people ($$$$), etc. Someone has to write or someone has to pay to have all of that content written..

Everyone can help PR. Quit lurking the forums and start a conversation on here.

Instead of wondering what, how, and why, people aren't using PR more, sit back and ask yourself why you dont post on here, or chat with us?!.......

If you can toss out a tweet, post on your wall, snapchat, Trivia Crack, and Clash of Clans why can't you take a minute to post a reply and talk with us here.

(PS. Im pointing fingers at everyone that has been a member for over a year and has less than 10 posts.)

With all the opinionated veterans we have frolicking the PitRacer site (veterans to the site, not old men)… I have really been scratching my head on why we can’t see this same popularity on the overall PR database to share more information on tracks, have more participation on social media networks, and use the passion of motocross to unite the powers of good and solve world hunger! Or just the outrageously high costs of 2-strokes these days. But really…

In 2015, PitRacer and those who help maintain the site/social media/etc. want to make huge strides in doing exactly what PitRacer was intended to do: promote motocross in the most efficient way possible – bringing you all the information you need to know before you make the haul to a track, when looking for tracks, or need to know how to get to the tracks.

Why is it so difficult to get riders/members to participate in sharing their knowledge about tracks or being involved in the conversations that circulate the PR network? What are some of your thoughts on how we build from the enthusiasm of the forums and create a thriving motocross community? We can spend hours studying marketing strategies and advertising techniques, but what better way than to just ask the customer (all of us)… What do we want from PitRacer? Because if we can answer that question, the PR network will be successful in 2015, and most likely, so will you because you will know where to go on race day!

Feedback welcomed….
If you would do us the honor, as the thread starter; why did you recently start posting after being a member since July '11 and why didn't you post before?

I was a reader for a while, and never signed up. I don't really know why...just wasn't important to me. Then when I started getting more involved...PR caught my interest. I love the site for what is altogether.

As for being a participating member...I have been bashed outside of PR for things posted on PR by being honest (even the good side of honesty)...even by people I trusted...accused and belittled. That will happen when you speak up anywhere in life.

I don't write much anymore because of some of these things...I have loyalties...as being associated with other people on a business level. But that is soon over after the next Summit Race. So, I keep my peace. Sometimes discretion is the wiser part of virtue.

I can understand people's fear of speaking up...the light will be shined on you.

You also have to look at who is the (customer) for pitracer now... I'm willing to guess majority of active members are +30 so we're old in the young bucks eyes... U need to be relevant to their needs which is immediate posts to instagram or Facebook..videos contests etc... I like to read post and view things but the millenials engage with just pics and texting ... I don't think anything can ever be a one stop shop

If you would do us the honor, as the thread starter; why did you recently start posting after being a member since July '11 and why didn't you post before?

I was a reader for a while, and never signed up. I don't really know why...just wasn't important to me. Then when I started getting more involved...PR caught my interest. I love the site for what is altogether.

As for being a participating member...I have been bashed outside of PR for things posted on PR by being honest (even the good side of honesty)...even by people I trusted...accused and belittled. That will happen when you speak up anywhere in life.

I don't write much anymore because of some of these things...I have loyalties...as being associated with other people on a business level. But that is soon over after the next Summit Race. So, I keep my peace. Sometimes discretion is the wiser part of virtue.

I can understand people's fear of speaking up...the light will be shined on you.

I have never really gotten involved in the forums as a form of chatting... I see them more as chat rooms that are valuable for some people to shoot the breeze or maintain friendships - whatever the case may be. In the Spring, Summer, and Fall, I consult PR about every weekend (or someone who I will be going to the track with) to see what tracks have posted and what the conditions will be. I usually check Facebook for briarcliff updates because they are usually quickly updated there and I check Route 62 Instagram because he is one of the only I know of who utilizes that app and I love being able to see what you are walking in to.

I did not start this thread to become more involved in the forums. I started the thread to get opinions on how to develop other aspects of PR that will engage younger audiences, those looking to use unique aspects of PR that aren't offered elsewhere, and to broaden the horizons of the forum junkies (bash away).

All of your feedback has been very helpful, but a lot of it has been accusing others of their lack of participation in the forum and asking them to give more of themselves.. The reality of modern advertising, and consumerism as a whole, is that PR has to be the best, easiest to find/use/navigate, the most interesting, on the most social medias, etc. It has to have all of these things that every one of you has suggested. Life is change and innovation. I think it is possible to take all of these opinions into consideration, but it is impossible to please everyone.

To answer your question... I most likely will not frequent the forums in my spare time... but rather spend that time researching where other mx sites are attracting users and interest (as I have been doing more so recently), spending that time seeing what exactly PA, Ohio, and other mx areas want in a catchall mx website. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.. If you never post on the forums and think they are clique the clique will never unclique... if the tracks continue to use facebook and not PR, but you never raise your voice, the track owners will continue to post to facebook... If we do not advertise PR further to new audiences, NONE of this will change at all.... so I guess, to even further answer your question, I have decided to end the strand of insanity and be the change I want to see in the mx community. It won't happen overnight.. but it will happen..

That takes time, people ($$$$), etc. Someone has to write or someone has to pay to have all of that content written..
But seriously, I'm sure there are multiple people on here that would produce content for the site for free, writing articles, stuff like that. Then once it/if it prospers then you can start 'hiring' people, so to speak...

Sorry if you are offended. I dont want anyone to feel bashed i was thrown off by your question in the OP of how to create more conversation.

I got mx/sx general and open practice bookmarked. Thats where everyone posts their pics, devin puts his videos, and I can get the latest news on a riders health. No one else talks anywhere else that I kno of

I have never really gotten involved in the forums as a form of chatting... I see them more as chat rooms that are valuable for some people to shoot the breeze or maintain friendships - whatever the case may be. In the Spring, Summer, and Fall, I consult PR about every weekend (or someone who I will be going to the track with) to see what tracks have posted and what the conditions will be. I usually check Facebook for briarcliff updates because they are usually quickly updated there and I check Route 62 Instagram because he is one of the only I know of who utilizes that app and I love being able to see what you are walking in to.

I did not start this thread to become more involved in the forums. I started the thread to get opinions on how to develop other aspects of PR that will engage younger audiences, those looking to use unique aspects of PR that aren't offered elsewhere, and to broaden the horizons of the forum junkies (bash away).

All of your feedback has been very helpful, but a lot of it has been accusing others of their lack of participation in the forum and asking them to give more of themselves.. The reality of modern advertising, and consumerism as a whole, is that PR has to be the best, easiest to find/use/navigate, the most interesting, on the most social medias, etc. It has to have all of these things that every one of you has suggested. Life is change and innovation. I think it is possible to take all of these opinions into consideration, but it is impossible to please everyone.

To answer your question... I most likely will not frequent the forums in my spare time... but rather spend that time researching where other mx sites are attracting users and interest (as I have been doing more so recently), spending that time seeing what exactly PA, Ohio, and other mx areas want in a catchall mx website. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.. If you never post on the forums and think they are clique the clique will never unclique... if the tracks continue to use facebook and not PR, but you never raise your voice, the track owners will continue to post to facebook... If we do not advertise PR further to new audiences, NONE of this will change at all.... so I guess, to even further answer your question, I have decided to end the strand of insanity and be the change I want to see in the mx community. It won't happen overnight.. but it will happen..
Brooke I can tell you from a track owner stand point it would be awesome to have one site to post on. When we are getting tracks ready to open on Saturday morning it's a busy time. There's not a lot of time to stop and post info on a bunch of different sites. I personally like Instagram because I can share it on Facebook, Twitter and a few other sites from one post with pictures. Trying to navigate thru pitracer just takes way to long during the busy time of morning. if it is possible to have one site to post on all social media sites I'm all in!

Maybe do a section dedicated to like "bike of the month" where people submit there bike pics to win a set of stickers or something (kids love stickers..ok so do big kids) but would attract the younger crowd... give us something else to look at. something small and simple but may gather a few.. winner is announced and shared on fb.. others see it and submit for next month etc... have a poll for voting - get people engaged even if its not by posting on the forums.

Back