Where is PitRacer going?

I officially want Pitracer radio, weekly podcast or something like that. How cool would that be to have an hour or two "show" with a predetermined subject that could be posted days in advance to give people time to put their thought together so we could have a good debate.
May also help draw the younger crowd with their short attention sp... hey look, a quarter... no time, just got a text. ttyl

Maybe its just me, or maybe others can chime in that are more so my generation, but i have absolutely 0 interest to listen to a podcast... much less from people i talk to all the time on a regular basis, weather it be via facebook, pitracer, or text messages...

not to sound like a dick, and i dont mean for this to come out the wrong way, but ohio motocross or anything we have going on here is not interesting / exciting enough to make me want to sit down and listen to that.

again, no offense meant to anyone by that, just trying to give constructive criticism. maybe i'm way off and others feel differently, but i'd hate for someone to waste their time to put something like that together, if others really felt the same way.

i mean yeah sure it sounds like a good idea but really who's going to listen to it? What am I going to hear that I haven't read on here already or heard about from local friends?

You would need a interviewee, like a track owner, promoter or well known riders in the area. Ask a few questions and then take some questions from people listening. Just think, how many different excuses J.O. could vocalize about his whoop section.. I mean drive way.

Im leaning toward your thoughts Crute..

I could probably listen to DHDS tear people up though.. lol

Yep, but it would be entertaining TO US, because we know him, because we know who hes talking about, etc As an outsider, it wouldn't be funny, they wouldnt get it, and their attention would be lost rather quickly IMO

I'm not sure where Pitracer is going... sure remember where we've been. lol.

Pitracer is right up there with Vital... or at least close. I think (my opinion) some of the great posters have left... maybe chased away with the cliche-ish posts/posters.

Well, whatever. Going to Atlanta tomorrow. Will post an update here... anything postworthy anyway.

I dont get the whole clique thing everyone always talks about here. I get that only 8 - 10 people post a lot with many others much less but regular. But I know most of the top posters here and I know they arent snobby about people coming on here and posting.

Im thinking the newer generation doesnt get that goofing off, teasing and making fun is ... well ..... FUN. Nothing more and nothing less. Some of the great members of days gone by understood this philosophy. The newer generation has taken to heart those gay ass effing bullying commercials and believe anything somebody says they dont like means they are bullying.

Relax people and have some fun for crying out loud!

Pitracer is NOT going to head into the politically correct zone, or at least I hope not because that would be too damn boring.

There's an opiniated wack job from newark that loves the sport, and would probably draw some interest on a motocross related podcast......not me. The other wack job. I don't know if he'd do it though. How about Smith? He loves talking and letting it fly? Just give him a microphone = fat kid in a candy store the day after Halloween.

Best damn announcing job at BC to date.

BTW....anyone loose a binky?

I dont get the whole clique thing everyone always talks about here. I get that only 8 - 10 people post a lot with many others much less but regular. But I know most of the top posters here and I know they arent snobby about people coming on here and posting.

Im thinking the newer generation doesnt get that goofing off, teasing and making fun is ... well ..... FUN. Nothing more and nothing less. Some of the great members of days gone by understood this philosophy. The newer generation has taken to heart those gay ass effing bullying commercials and believe anything somebody says they dont like means they are bullying.

Pitracer is NOT going to head into the politically correct zone, or at least I hope not because that would be too damn boring.
I agree with you but a lot of people see this site as a gossiping site or, I have heard many people say they are intimidated by you regulars... just a little FYI!!!!!

Yeah...I'll own up to that as for taking some matters on here to seriously.

Also...my generation and below struggles with communication...most of our serious conversations are typed...bummer.

I agree with you but a lot of people see this site as a gossiping site or, I have heard many people say they are intimidated by you regulars... just a little FYI!!!!!
Correct also.

I remember when Pitracer first became available. It was an excellent source to get info on tracks regarding practice and racing and poke at your friends. I seemed to bring the local riding community together and everyone was "in the know" . That lasted for a decent amount of time. Then at some point the Pitracer site became more "Clicky" like high school. A core group of individuals seems to rule the site in turn making people feel as though we had to agree with everything these people believed and followed. In other words, keep our opinions to ourselves if we didn't agree with these regulars users. These people had to chime in there opinions on everything and chastise those of us who had different opinions Many of us put up with this for years and then finally stopped logging in. This is probably my first time in almost 7 years that I have logged in.

That all said many things have changed since we all started using Pitracer to plan our weekly riding. Mainly the fact that many tracks are gone now. Spring Valley, Broken Spokes, Crow Canyon, Shecks, Battlesburg, Outlaw, Area 330, Scenic. All Closed and gone. District 12 ..Gone... Shops have closed. Midwest Motorsports, Boulevard Honda (Apex Closed too now although Extreme bought it), The Honda Shop in Cleveland..Closed)

Side by Sides are the new craze and anyone that can drive a car can drop $18000 and buy one so that they can act like they are an expert rider while they are blocking the trail in front of you. By the way RZR people.... Your driving not riding... there's a huge difference. Your not nor will never be a rider. Run a motocross bike around the same trails you putt around on and then come talk to us riders. The most ridiculous thing I have seen to date is 5000 rednecks driving around in their mini Jeeps down at Powerline Park in St Clairsville. They checked everyone coolers for glass bottles but helmets were not mandatory and they weren't looking for them.

The local motocross scene has dwindled down to crumbs compared to what it was and this cycle has happened before. One of my biggest complaints has always been that the shops that sell dirt bikes don't get involved nearly enough in promoting the local tracks or riding areas that generate the need to sell a bike. Couple that with the fact that our area does not compete well when it comes to selling bikes/ATVs at a competitive price. Bikes are ridiculous in price but why can I drive to another state and save enough to warrant the drive. I live 2 minutes from Bairs Polaris yet I had to drive to Steubenville (Extreme Honda/ Polaris) to save $1000 plus dollars on a machine.

I love to rant and its my right to do so.. The post topic, "Where is Pitracer Going?" It hasn't really gone anywhere or changed much.There's no need to. it worked fine for what it was intended for. The problem is that the sport it was designed around is currently in bad shape. There's not near as many people riding right now at the tracks that do exist. I myself have gone back to my roots and woods ride. Maybe if everyone would start chiming in about the places they are able to ride (non track) with some background on the type of riding, we could create a buzz and get people back on their bikes. Has to be more places to ride than Bear Creek and Crow Canyon (Membership Only anyway) and Hatfield trips are damn expensive but they sure are fun.

Back