F&S Suzuki

D

DTS

I recently purchased a 05 RM250. The bike was an old F&S team bike and came with the old plastic in a box. I've done some searching and couldn't find any info on who the rider was. Anyone know who "BAKER" was?

IMG_2442.jpg

Could be many people. Lenny Baker perhaps. I would have to ask Lenny what number he was running back then. F&S had about 200 people all claiming to be F&S sponsored riders, everybody from 1st year C riders to guys that qualified for Supercrosses.

I'm just curious to find some history about the bike. Either way if it was a C rider, or a A rider, I'm psyched to have it.

I bought the bike from a kid named Jacob White from Indiana. His dad purchased it from Ohio originally. Jacob has some speed and just moved up to the A class. As the bike sits now, they built it for LL, but he was one of the many who got hurt at the Iron Man regional. It came with all the old F&S plastic and a DOMA exhaust in a box. I can take a few photos of the F&S stuff tomorrow. I have an interest in bikes with history.

Post some photos I will send them to Lenny tomorrow and see if it is one of his bikes.

Thanks John, I appreciate it. I can post them tomorrow afternoon.

To emphasize what John said, they had about 200 riders a year that were "team members". I am not sure how they pulled it off every year, but they (F&S) did move a lot of RMs. I am pretty sure they were the nations largest or econd largest RM dealer (in units sold) from the early 90s through their closing. Somewhere around 99 - 00 they became one of the US importes for the DOMA exhausts.

I am guessing Jeffery Baker.......Lenny is not even listed there. He quit some where in that time frame, and then would show up once and a while.

I remember a lot of people had motor mods by Moto Tassinari, and they were like ticking time bombs.

Luckily theres only minor port clean up in mine. Everything else is stock

Yes, Amy Maurer. Her brother Joey was a factory Suzuki wrench too. It was cool to see it at the shop or Freds house. Got a personal tour once.

my guess would be Daniel baker. and any motor work was done by rocket Ronnie rehmert. f@s had a great team it was so nice being on that team . you could afford to race then . and everyone had there own deal with jeff and there were contracts. miss them days

Back