F&S Suzuki

D

DTS

I recently purchased a 05 RM250. The bike was an old F&S team bike and came with the old plastic in a box. I've done some searching and couldn't find any info on who the rider was. Anyone know who "BAKER" was?

IMG_2442.jpg

John250

PR Founding Father
Could be many people. Lenny Baker perhaps. I would have to ask Lenny what number he was running back then. F&S had about 200 people all claiming to be F&S sponsored riders, everybody from 1st year C riders to guys that qualified for Supercrosses.

D

DTS

I'm just curious to find some history about the bike. Either way if it was a C rider, or a A rider, I'm psyched to have it.

I bought the bike from a kid named Jacob White from Indiana. His dad purchased it from Ohio originally. Jacob has some speed and just moved up to the A class. As the bike sits now, they built it for LL, but he was one of the many who got hurt at the Iron Man regional. It came with all the old F&S plastic and a DOMA exhaust in a box. I can take a few photos of the F&S stuff tomorrow. I have an interest in bikes with history.

John250

PR Founding Father
Post some photos I will send them to Lenny tomorrow and see if it is one of his bikes.

D

DTS

Thanks John, I appreciate it. I can post them tomorrow afternoon.

baxterj787

PR Addict
To emphasize what John said, they had about 200 riders a year that were "team members". I am not sure how they pulled it off every year, but they (F&S) did move a lot of RMs. I am pretty sure they were the nations largest or econd largest RM dealer (in units sold) from the early 90s through their closing. Somewhere around 99 - 00 they became one of the US importes for the DOMA exhausts.

John250

PR Founding Father
I am guessing Jeffery Baker.......Lenny is not even listed there. He quit some where in that time frame, and then would show up once and a while.

John250

PR Founding Father
I remember a lot of people had motor mods by Moto Tassinari, and they were like ticking time bombs.

D

DTS

Luckily theres only minor port clean up in mine. Everything else is stock

hershey

PR Elite
Yes, Amy Maurer. Her brother Joey was a factory Suzuki wrench too. It was cool to see it at the shop or Freds house. Got a personal tour once.

fryracing378

PR Member
my guess would be Daniel baker. and any motor work was done by rocket Ronnie rehmert. f@s had a great team it was so nice being on that team . you could afford to race then . and everyone had there own deal with jeff and there were contracts. miss them days