Atlanta #2 Retro Weekend

You think if Reed rode my CRF 70 it would be worth 10K ?

What if he rode my ......... never mind.

Agreed, the fact that he turns around and tries to profit off it, shows he's obviously more motivated by money than a clear conscience which makes me think the St. Jude thing is pure bs.

Unfortunately there is no way around this or stopping it from happening. If I was Reed, I'd show up with a camera crew, buy it, then tell the guy if he gives him the % for St Jude right there on the spot I'd double it. Then give the bike away to one of the kids who would be more stoked on a bike Reed rode, than making money off of it.

Why would anyone care if he makes money or not? We have all sold bikes in the past and we all want to get the most we can out of them. If you have a Shelby cobra signed by Carroll, would you not ask more for it then one not signed?
This guy has a turd bike and he is going to make big cash off of it. I say congrats to him and the mention of a donation of any part of the proceeds is cherry on top.
I have a Ford Flex that I need to sell so I can buy a race van. If I could dig up Henry for a signature I would.

$59000 now. Wow, he sure did score on this deal! Unless Chad has someone bidding it up like was previously mentioned. But on the flip side, it takes two to bid it up.....

I can't say I would not have done the same thing, but from the outside I would feel better if he gave the percentage he was donating.

From what I've heard/read, that is not "factory" showa suspension on the bike.

Stickers and a pipe from Mitch, what a joke.

Its not even that great of a looking old KX. Someone is running it up with no intentions of paying that amount.

I'm also pretty surprised this guy puts his phone number on e-bay, can't imagine the calls he is getting haha.

Funny how there are no questions on that auction. I was wondering what percentage is going to St. Judes.

Lots of talk of this, 2 sides to every story. too lazy to get into it but theres a lot of it on the dudes facebook that owns the bike, and on vital.. and I dont know what to make of it.. dont care either. cant say i blame him, and good for him for donating ANY of it to st judes..many people would probably just keep it all. (the story behind that is that one of the tracks down there has a big st judes benefit, and he had some $ saved up to donate at that event, but now decided to use a % of the bike instead)

reeds pissed the dude will make $ off of his name.. big deal, you BORROWED A BIKE, do you expect the dude to NOT run around claiming that reed rode his bike? if he didnt like that he should have went out and bought his own prior to the event.

thats insane $ for that though, i dont give a crap who rode it. not like it was his factory race bike, it was something rode ONE TIME!!!

Lots of talk of this, 2 sides to every story. too lazy to get into it but theres a lot of it on the dudes facebook that owns the bike, and on vital.. and I dont know what to make of it.. dont care either.

Seemed to care more than I and was more motivated to see what was being said on social media than I do/did... ;)

Surprised Pro Circuit did not have one they could borrow somewhere.

Yeah, I agree and am surprised he borrowed a bike and didn't trick out his own. No matter.

Back