Atlanta #2 Retro Weekend

061508hp040_400.jpg

Not For Sale

according to one of the guys I used to roadrace with(good friend of owner) the guy has $4400 in the bike. He is donating whatever the bike brings above the $4400 to St. Judes. It's got the real trick suspension on it, supposedly as well, which is most of the cost the guy has in the bike. We shall see how it pans out.

Wow! Up to $85,100!!
Pretty unbelievable. It wasn't even raced, just paraded around for a couple of minutes.

It is really hard to think someone will really go through with the deal but..... I bet there are a some actual works race bikes that would be less than 85k.

Imagine how much it would go for if Reed hadn't knocked Carnard off the track and everybody still liked him.

Since its at 127k and the guy has zero feedback, i'm going to go on a limb and say this is some kind of hoax.
$160,000! The thing is, to get to any number there has to be at least two people bidding.

Actually, the seller has 0 feedback. You really can't see the bidder, but most are listed with feedback.

$160,000! The thing is, to get to any number there has to be at least two people bidding.

Actually, the seller has 0 feedback. You really can't see the bidder, but most are listed with feedback.
I meant seller has zero feedback. Still a hoax, its too good to be true.

You guys know people are bidding it up just because it's 'viral' right? There is basically 0 recourse for not paying when you win an item (if it's your first or second time doing it).

You guys know people are bidding it up just because it's 'viral' right? There is basically 0 recourse for not paying when you win an item (if it's your first or second time doing it).
Yep or maybe some kids with their dad's Ebay account. Imagine when dad finds out he has to drain his 401k for a $2,200 bike.

I also don't know the tax rules for the buyer if the seller gives a portion to St. Jude. Tax deduction likely flows to the seller and not the guy that forked over a quarter of a million, unless buyer makes the payment to the charity directly.

My guess is this auction will be cancelled, removed and fall apart before scheduled end. Doubtful money will change hands.

Yep or maybe some kids with their dad's Ebay account. Imagine when dad finds out he has to drain his 401k for a $2,200 bike.

I also don't know the tax rules for the buyer if the seller gives a portion to St. Jude. Tax deduction likely flows to the seller and not the guy that forked over a quarter of a million, unless buyer makes the payment to the charity directly.

My guess is this auction will be cancelled, removed and fall apart before scheduled end. Doubtful money will change hands.

Dad won't have to do anything.. it's eBay. The only recourse is the seller can file for a non-paying bidder. Mark goes on the highest bidders account and the seller can re-list without having to repay the fees. They can't take the money from the winner forcibly.

Dad won't have to do anything.. it's eBay. The only recourse is the seller can file for a non-paying bidder. Mark goes on the highest bidders account and the seller can re-list without having to repay the fees. They can't take the money from the winner forcibly.
Thanks, I wondered what happened and how it worked if a buyer didn't pay.

Back