Daytona SX: Let's get this party started, right?...

Wow, best race of the year from heat races through main. Wish I woulda been there. Bring it home Ohio boys...and girls.

Man I thought peick was gonna put his head Down and pass RD.

You can tell the injury affects him. He's solid for first 11-13 laps then he starts making mistakes and getting squirrelly. His speed drops off as well. Meanwhile dungey gets faster as the race progresses. He's certainly a beast this year. Consistency is definitely paying off

His starts are just freaking phenomenal. Every week. Never one bad start. He doesn't have to fight from the back like canard.

Man I thought peick was gonna put his head Down and pass RD.

You can tell the injury affects him. He's solid for first 11-13 laps then he starts making mistakes and getting squirrelly. His speed drops off as well. Meanwhile dungey gets faster as the race progresses. He's certainly a beast this year. Consistency is definitely paying off

His starts are just freaking phenomenal. Every week. Never one bad start. He doesn't have to fight from the back like canard.
I believe the combination of the new lighter bike and Aldon Baker working with him may just be the difference. It has been cool watching KTM take both main events. I bet Decoster is on cloud nine.

I thought Dungey was in trouble when he couldn't get by Short. Then Seeley comes crashing into him and he said, Gotta Go. Man he wicked it up and see ya. Great race. Too bad Reed dropped it same with Seeley. Both were riding good. Man Musquin is looking great. Dude dominated. I like Martin and loved watching him pass several to get into third but seemed to stay there the rest of the race. Great ride for Bagget. First 450 podium I think. Tomac was great through the whoops wheeling all the way. Looked like Pastrana. Great race.

It was some great racing. Tomac was BA through the whoops.. Another couple inches back and he woulda been Larry loop in the first time..
I've got it dialed to where if I skip watching the first 50 minutes. Then start from the begining with the recording, I can FF throughall ccommercials till we hit the mains.. I'm sick of commercials.. lol

Great for RD and it looks like his championship to lose but I think his consistency will prevail . Anything could happen though , just look at Roczen . Shorty is becoming the holeshot king that Alessi was . Too bad he fades but plenty of others do too . Puzzles me about Canard's starts ; you know he must be working on them but nothing seems to click . Nice little piece they did on the past champs mentoring the current crop of racers .

10995925_10205696109579079_7777721180124100457_n.jpg
11052537_10203815013555041_3975254961420363141_n.jpg

Tommy Meiers
Daytona Beach, FL ·
That moment when you realize the 13 hour drive was totally worth it

Last edited:
What a great weekend. Drive throught WV on Thursday at 25 mph. Do they know what a plow is. Made it to Charlotte before calling it a night. Spent Friday taking my time to get to Orlando Fl. Stopped at a couple motorcycle shops on the way. Went to Orlando to pick up my son at the Airport on Saturday. He had a test at school on Friday. Drove to Daytona and watch some incredible racing with some great friends. Back in the truck at 11, drove till 2 in the morning, sleep for 3 hour at a rest area, finished the drive to Monster Mountain in Alabama so my son could ride. Before any one saids something about the great tracks in Florida, I already had my trailer and bikes at Monster Mountain. We will be back at Monster tomorrow for a half a day before heading home.

Tonight I asked my son what was the best part of his weekend. He told me, just being with you dad. Made all the driving worth it.

I found out why 450s were built. For florida sand. My god my little 144 was working overtime at all the tracks to make 35-40 foot hucks. Meanwhile 450s just blipped on every face and effortlessly leaped any distance.

image.jpg

Kristi n weege. And then we stumbled across Bret cue arguing with the Daytona pro pit guard about something or another so I was like picture? And he's like yea sure and says to guard why would someone take a pic with me if I wasn't supposed to be in here....
image.jpg

Yeah, was one of the best and closest racing weekends of the season. ET was just wicked through the rollers/whoops. Was so loving that. Definately was a fast track. Alessi get off looked nasty through the Go Pro...and laying on ground just perfectly to see Alessi lying ahead in the track. Almost thought they were going to red flag it.

For all that made the trip, definately looked worth it. For use that didn't and watch it live, it was worth it. I'd do it again if I had to. ;)

Who else is "at work" and has done nothing for the past couple hours because you are watching Daytona? :D
For sure cut the nuts out of the track. This is supercross?

Daytona SX was awesome this year. Dano sent me a text said Dungey didn't look too smooth in practice.....well by race time he had it Dialed in for sure and looked awesome.

Amateur SX was grest also. Definitely the most "supercross like" track in 6 years. 1369 entries. Over 400 also for quad racing on Tuesday. Weather was great both days.

Daytona SX was awesome this year. Dano sent me a text said Dungey didn't look too smooth in practice.....well by race time he had it Dialed in for sure and looked awesome.

Amateur SX was grest also. Definitely the most "supercross like" track in 6 years. 1369 entries. Over 400 also for quad racing on Tuesday. Weather was great both days.

Typical politician doing a flip/flop...here is your Facebook post:

John Caupp: Much more supercross like in couple sections. I liked years past much better. And definitely don't like the start this year. Running way behind. Your not missing much.
23 hrs · Like

Back