Im not saying, but Im saying, Its possible BC 3-21 & 3-22

Yes, Double D, you are correct....it's all on the A track, just a group that jumps it and a group that does not. It's not that you must go ride the C track, Vince. Groups were only run in the afternoon and after 3:30 there were only a handful of riders on the A track.

There were plenty of guys jumping it in "group 2". But when you have 230 show up, and you got 50-60 throwing it down, and 20-30 were noticeably not on that pace, I had to thin down that fast group somehow. I don't plan on doing that every time, but it was appropriate for the situation. If someone's ego gets in the way of safety, then I would rather they not come to Briarcliff.

My ego has nothing to do with my comment. I have none with respect to riding. I know I am slow, but the value of driving 1.5 hours to ride the C track is not appealing to me.

It was explained to me that anyone who wasn't jumping the finish line was pulled off the track. It appears that information was incorrect and the reason for my inquiry. I have no problem with not being on the track with tons of blazing fast pro riders as long as the big track is accessible at some time.

Can you provide some clarity on this? Are you saying that guys riding the "Main" track that aren't hitting the finish line will be asked to ride the "C" track? Or are you saying that you are going to start splitting classes on the "Main" track (guys hitting the finishing line will practice with A & B session and guys not hitting the finish line will practice with C session). Basically, I do not hit the finishing line jump consistently - however, I don't want to drive 3 hours from Cincy and get kicked off the "Main" track because I'm not hitting the finish line. I want to have an equal opportunity to ride the "Main" track as all of the other riders...

The guys I pulled off were asked to hang back for the next group that was ran on the big track. We ran three groups; A-B, C & Mini. There were far too many on the big track during A-B, a lot of them going pretty damn fast for the first day open. I felt it was a safety concern, we pulled some people out and ran a group for the guys that were riding b-c speed. Now in that group, the slower than Villopoto speed group, guys were still able to jump the finishline. I just used that jump as a cut off given the speed the majority of the group was running. NOBODY HAD TO RUN THE C TRACK ONLY. PERIOD.

Last edited:
Sorry if I started a commotion. Maybe I should have PM'd you instead of voicing my concerns on here. My apologies.
Not thinking there are any worries with you voicing your concern homie polack, just make certain you're understanding what is being said before getting all bent outta shape I'd suggest. Happens to the best of us. Yes, even me, and I am far from one of the best of us. Close to being less than far away though... ;)

I was one who woulda went out in Group 2 Saturday. Was a good day for me. Short, but good. First ride about all my pump-ed arse right arm could take. I mean it wasn't that bad. Mid sesason I would have rode through it. Actually back in the day I would have as well, but first ride at this point in my life, not so much. I live to ride another day...this season unstead of healing up during it as I have done many o' times before.

Thanks again JO. Looking forward to the rest of the season...

I personally think making that triple the line in the sand is a great idea. I have ridden BC 5+ times and have never been on the big track because of that jump. Granted I am a soon to be 50 year old post vintage rider but I was there on Saturday and said to my buddy "I have no interest in getting landed on" when even thinking about it. I actually get scared just watching people double while some triple, if any of you questioning it have never actually been there I think you would understand if you saw it. I have 2 daughters but if I had a son that moved up to a 250F I probably wouldn't let him on that track if that was in play. I also think the fast guys would much rather not have to worry about landing on someone. I would love to ride that track if I knew nobody was going to be launching that jump! In my mind there is no way to argue against JO's position on this...period.

The guys I pulled off were asked to hang back for the next group that was ran on the big track. We ran three groups; A-B, C & Mini. There were far too many on the big track during A-B, a lot of them going pretty damn fast for the first day open. I felt it was a safety concern, we pulled some people out and ran a group for the guys that were riding b-c speed. Now in that group, the slower than Villopoto speed group, guys were still able to jump the finishline. I just used that jump as a cut off given the speed the majority of the group was running. NOBODY HAD TO RUN THE C TRACK ONLY. PERIOD.
I am proud of you Mr. JO. Very politically correct, are you going for mayor of Nashport?

I have used that jump in the past, they're about the same. It takes a little better body position to get the finishline down, because the face is steeper. Regardless, I used the finishline, because it was the closest to me. Rather than watch the triple, then let them ride another half lap and risk them pulling off, or me losing track of which bike was which, it was easier to grab people from that point, because I was at the ingress/egress point of the track right after the finsihline. But I agree, those two jumps are a good dividing line for the talent. if you arent jumping those two, you really shouldnt be in Group 1 (former a/b group).

Its not like you run sessions that often. Opening day or after a mid-day prep it would be safer to seperate the different rider speeds somehow. All you really need to do is issue stickers at signup. If you had to run sessions that day you'd have a red sticker session (triple/finish line/AB) and a blue sticker session (no triple/finishline/C) and a mini session. Stickers would prevent the retards from running both sessions thus making sessions pointless.

I have used that jump in the past, they're about the same. It takes a little better body position to get the finishline down, because the face is steeper. Regardless, I used the finishline, because it was the closest to me. Rather than watch the triple, then let them ride another half lap and risk them pulling off, or me losing track of which bike was which, it was easier to grab people from that point, because I was at the ingress/egress point of the track right after the finsihline. But I agree, those two jumps are a good dividing line for the talent. if you arent jumping those two, you really shouldnt be in Group 1 (former a/b group).
I hit the triple most, the middle tunnel couple/few times...never hit the finish line jump Saturday...

Back