Stuck.

the 14 and 15 yz250f are minimal differences.. go for the 14. only reason i got a 15 is because...well i guess just cuz. lol. i got a good enough deal on it and with the way i go through bikes, i need all the help i can on resale value. mechanically there is not much difference at all. the things RIP bone stock. i dont feel the need to touch mine at all i haven't even put an exhaust on mine because the stock one is that good. all of the reviews arent lieing when they talk about that bike. if you dont get one by the time im healed and at the track you know you're welcome to take it for a spin.

i would suggest the 350 but those are a lot of damn money, and i know your a blue fan. get the yami you wont be disappointed, promise.

Stein, when my bike blew up at fastraxx for the LL qualifier in 2013 that was it... The whole motor went, bottom to the top, but from 07 to 13 all I ever did was change the piston rings, and the timing chain.. Valves were always in spec and the piston showed no signs of wear, my pops is a mechanic and did all maintenance to my bike. I never did a top end or anything, that's why I say those year yamahas were the best and most reliable four strokes made to this date.
How many hrs did you go between rings? How many hrs was on it when it blew?

I can't give that data properly, I bought in new in 2007, it started to smoke a little around 2010, that's when the new rings were installed. May of 2013 is when she blew, at that time it had read 400 hours, that's a little over 100 hours a year when there was hour meter installed, Id bet there was over 1000 hours on it before she finally went.

Yeah crute im sure, I mean we checked valve clearance often and they were always in spec, there was no crank noise or anything, compression was always great too, and started within 3 kicks. When she finally gave the motor was making a awkward noise and the power wasn't there. I lined up for practice and didn't get 10ft down the start before she went. If it wasn't a yamaha, I wouldn't have trusted it as much, my 426 was just as reliable

I can't give that data properly, I bought in new in 2007, it started to smoke a little around 2010, that's when the new rings were installed. May of 2013 is when she blew, at that time it had read 400 hours, that's a little over 100 hours a year when there was hour meter installed, Id bet there was over 1000 hours on it before she finally went.
1000 hrs??

Bump cuz I'm still pissed lol
Can't be mad at the guy for selling to the guy with the highest offer. You got out bid, you could of offered more and most likely got the bike. Guy doesn't seem to care about a deal, just wanted the most money he could get. Can't blame him for that.

Can't be mad at the guy for selling to the guy with the highest offer. You got out bid, you could of offered more and most likely got the bike. Guy doesn't seem to care about a deal, just wanted the most money he could get. Can't blame him for that.
I don't know how you do business but that was not right in my book. If I commit to sell to somebody and then get a higher offer I would ask the first offer if they wanted to up it. That did not happen so in my book it was a bad call but I understand the principles of getting the most you can. just a bad feeling on the deal and how it played out

I don't know how you do business but that was not right in my book. If I commit to sell to somebody and then get a higher offer I would ask the first offer if they wanted to up it. That did not happen so in my book it was a bad call but I understand the principles of getting the most you can. just a bad feeling on the deal and how it played out

if you didn't want an argument you wouldn't keep posting about it so i gave it to you ;)

if you didn't want an argument you wouldn't keep posting about it so i gave it to you ;)
Trust me this isn't an argument you would know and probably not like it much if I was arguing...just a general post about losing a bike deal move on nothing to see here

In todays world CASH talks. Had you given him any money yet? Unfortunately many people say yeah, I want the bike or whatever, and never show up with the cash. I would have called you and said look someone else wants the bike, you have 24 hours to get me the cash or it is his, but many people are not like that. Money in hand is powerful to turn down. I sold a hail damaged car one time to a neighbors son for a great price. I had a couple guys pissed at me that I sold it to him for what I did.........Hind sight being 20/20 I could have got more for the car, but he had cash in hand.

Trust me this isn't an argument you would know and probably not like it much if I was arguing...just a general post about losing a bike deal move on nothing to see here

Is this some sort of open ended e-threat? How old are you? :rolleyes:

If you saw the bike in person, made an offer & agreed to a price, didn't pay (or leave a deposit) and he sold it out from under you you have very little right to bitch. Especially in a completely unrelated thread. Nobody gives a s**t. The fact that you even posted about it, and then quoted yourself is pretty funny though.

If you made an offer over text, fb message, the phone, etc and expected it to stick then you are retarded. I bet your first line was "WHAT UR BOTTOM DOLLAR CASH PRICE??" lol

If you saw the bike in person, made an offer & agreed to a price, didn't pay (or leave a deposit) and he sold it out from under you you have very little right to bitch. Especially in a completely unrelated thread. Nobody gives a *!*!*!*!. The fact that you even posted about it, and then quoted yourself is pretty funny though.

If you made an offer over text, fb message, the phone, etc and expected it to stick then you are retarded. I bet your first line was "WHAT UR BOTTOM DOLLAR CASH PRICE??" lol

Alright douche bag I had to sign on to an actual computer to type up your response I usually take things on here with a grain of salt but for some reason you irritate me...

I am 44 this year & have been in the game a long time and have bought and sold more bikes than you've probably been laid in the last 2 years... If you read my original post about this situation it was started just as a reference back to Hershey "joking" to me about being all talk in buying another bike...My post back to myself was more of a JOKE about the situation and that I had a real sweet deal set on that bike until it was bumped out by a cash buyer...trust me I could have went up to match on my own but I buy bikes to not lose money on if at all possible and couldn't justify the reason to pay a lot more than my first accepted offer taken from the seller that morning...
End of story like I said move on big guy :)

If you saw the bike in person, made an offer & agreed to a price, didn't pay (or leave a deposit) and he sold it out from under you you have very little right to bitch. Especially in a completely unrelated thread. Nobody gives a *!*!*!*!. The fact that you even posted about it, and then quoted yourself is pretty funny though.

I guess Im old school but I have to give this one to the lone ranger, not his side kick tonto ( bill480). If I make a deal I stick to it, if no deposit was made then give a call and let them know. If you dont want to up the price then your out. If you left a deposit then a deal is a deal.

Thats the problem with kids these days, no respect.

Back