Track etiquette where have you gone????

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Water truck will run it over or the tractor will get it. There is a ton of sight distance from the gates to the finishline jump. Id rather have people getting on there then after the turn when people are in the fuel for the rollers, well the rollers are there for now anyway. I "think" the real problem is free riding and people stopping (pulling off) then resuming whenever they want to, and not looking. We need to crack down on it. We need a track dick to start cracking heads.

I do "think" that I need to add to banners to keep people from cutting from one part of the track to the next, tough to grow grass in dirt bike ruts caused by aholes cutting the track. The track cutting thing is really starting to p*** me off.

Thanks Hause, really just need three big shiny ones! Probably 36x24, I would guess.

nitrofish

PR Addict
Water truck will run it over or the tractor will get it. There is a ton of sight distance from the gates to the finishline jump. Id rather have people getting on there then after the turn when people are in the fuel for the rollers, well the rollers are there for now anyway. I "think" the real problem is free riding and people stopping (pulling off) then resuming whenever they want to, and not looking. We need to crack down on it. We need a track dick to start cracking heads.

I do "think" that I need to add to banners to keep people from cutting from one part of the track to the next, tough to grow grass in dirt bike ruts caused by aholes cutting the track. The track cutting thing is really starting to p*** me off.

Thanks Hause, really just need three big shiny ones! Probably 36x24, I would guess.
I like cracking heads for people cutting the track! I may just apply for the job.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Better yet, we will just let you run the vibratory drum out there. Run over a few goons, that will bring everyone in line real quick! Dont cut the track or else. Or else what? Or else Matt!

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Kick people out for cutting the track and entering some place other then the designated location. Post one sign on that whoop section you call a road. Point at it and make EVERYONE acknowledge it. Then police it. See someone. anyone braking the rules? Kick them out.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Yeah, the issue is more so peeps just not using their head. Not thinking As stated you can't fix stupid, but you can ignorance. Sure, you won't get every idiot, but the ones you do might be the ones that save a life or injury. I think the top three on here so far are:

1) THINK! (could add "you stupid arse", "idiot", "YES YOU DUMB@$$", etc. to that I suppose...maybe not)
2) Hold Your Line
3) No stopping on track (I think this is more so a problem on or after jumps, blind corners. Some spots on track seem to be OK, but again, can't fix shtupid)

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Kick people out for cutting the track and entering some place other then the designated location. Post one sign on that whoop section you call a road. Point at it and make EVERYONE acknowledge it. Then police it. See someone. anyone braking the rules? Kick them out.
I dunno, kicking them out for first offense may be harsh. I mean that's like cutting off a thief's hand for first theft or sending a killer to death for first kill. Do we really want to go there? Don't we have to give them chances, multiple paroles, slaps on the wrist, etc. for being a menace to society? C'mon. This is America... They aren't to blame, it's the stupid people who follow the rules and pay their way through life by working and all that stuff...

Not sure where that came from...

Scoob

PR Founding Father
i know a dude that left the tractor lights on Sunday.......we will cut him some slack
You're a better man than I...although I can feel his pain. I would bet if the sun didn't come up he wouldn't have done that though... Maybe put a sign inside the cab that says, "Turn off the lights dumb@$$" since you're into this sign making mode... ;)

nitrofish

PR Addict
Maybe on practice days you could appoint a few "track generals" to police each track. They could still ride and if they see someone or thing while on the track they could stop and explain what is wrong with the picture. A discounted ride day could be the reward for said general. You could have a Loretta's type bib made up for the generals of the day. Of course this person must be knowledgable, cool headed and backed by track owner operator.

The issues I see at the track are:

Pit racers, to and from the track.
Under the power line holeshot practicers and tuners.
Stopping on the track and not signaling when pulling off.
Parents stopping mini riders along side of a jump or corner to give instruction.
Parents not keeping an eye on what their children are doing.
Holding your line is great, but the person behind also needs to be cognitive and courteous when passing, which leads to my last.
It's practice folks, not everyone out there is aspiring to be a champion.

I could rant about the things I've seen the past year and I just don't get the mentality of some of the bad eggs out there. Kudos to all the track owners for giving us a place to ride, I wouldn't do it.

Oh, the big steam roller toy. I would like to roll a few things just to see what happens and for just pure enjoyment:

One of those pit scooters the kids ride that I chased around all weekend at the national.
A loud generator.
A six pack of that fu-fu beer you drink.
My son's 3 goldfish.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
If we had a couple consistent track generals or a couple that could do it most of the time, they could ride for a substantial discount. Very substantial.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I was just saying that would be a good reason for Chris Knox to live closer. I do think that you would make a good rule enforcer.

day181

PR Elite
Staff member
What's a track cutter and why is it frowned upon during practice? Is it frowned upon the entire day or just the busy hours? Does this definition include injured riders, or riders who pull over and wait for an opening in traffic to work on technical sections or are we just talking about the rickholes who cross the track trying to get back to the pits because they're tired?

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Oh I would do it in a heartbeat if I lived close.
If you find someone, I would be happy to train them in the ways of the dark side. I hold a Masters degree in Jerkness. Or blowhardness in the eyes of my 3 wheeled buddy.

pasimp57

PR Addict
images.jpg

owndjoo

PR Member
If we had a couple consistent track generals or a couple that could do it most of the time, they could ride for a substantial discount. Very substantial.
It's like the track coaches/instructors for trackdays. We wear a bright yellow/orange vest to let others know. Our job is always to maintain the peace on the track and assist with helping other riders learn while they are out there. It's a great idea to bring to MX. They can help the youngsters/new riders with skills and etiquette, get their own riding in, and always be able to tacfully inform misbehavors of the proper way to ride around the track.