Track etiquette where have you gone????

[QUOTE="owndjoo, post: 596187, member: 12877be able to tacfully inform misbehavors of the proper way to ride around the track.[/QUOTE]
I had to look up "tactfully".... I'm out. :D

I do think this would be a great idea. Peer pressure goes a long way in correcting many issues.

Water truck will run it over or the tractor will get it. There is a ton of sight distance from the gates to the finishline jump. Id rather have people getting on there then after the turn when people are in the fuel for the rollers, well the rollers are there for now anyway. I "think" the real problem is free riding and people stopping (pulling off) then resuming whenever they want to, and not looking. We need to crack down on it. We need a track dick to start cracking heads.

I do "think" that I need to add to banners to keep people from cutting from one part of the track to the next, tough to grow grass in dirt bike ruts caused by aholes cutting the track. The track cutting thing is really starting to p*** me off.

Thanks Hause, really just need three big shiny ones! Probably 36x24, I would guess.
I'll be a track dick, sign me up, this is something I am good at. Actually, I do think during practice there should be some volunteers to help monitor the tracks/practice. I would help out with this duty, when our bikes are running so, I wouldn't have to help very often... Lol

Ok, one track monitor. They are in charge of having 25 Pink reflective vests. Anyone they deem being an A-Hole, or breaking any rules, gets to wear the Pink Reflective Vest.

I was a track dick at Briarcliff a couple weeks ago. 5 jackasses thought that the parking lot was a drag strip and place to do donuts, etc. Not sure why they thought it was a good idea to all race back and forth at 40mph. I let them know I was a dick, but they were jackasses, and could care less.

I was a track dick at Briarcliff a couple weeks ago. 5 jackasses thought that the parking lot was a drag strip and place to do donuts, etc. Not sure why they thought it was a good idea to all race back and forth at 40mph. I let them know I was a dick, but they were jackasses, and could care less.
We seen them too, I was thinking of the broomstick through the front wheel trick.

10984467_419624681529939_8403359183229831945_n.jpg

Couple years ago at the Vern, I come over the finish...on the gas hard when some dickbeater decides to exit the track. He was on the left side of the track, the exits on the right! I saw my life flash before my eyes as I tried not to kill us both...... he then turns and flicks me off! Its amazing how stupid people can be... I don't think signs will change that but I do like the idea for the "THINK" signs. I will call you tomorrow J.O. My brother makes metal signs that wont fade.
Thats what happens when your being lapped the race was over for him

Eff the etiquette, give em the bird!

Seriously though, its just a matter of respect and common sense. But like I have posted in other places ..... you cant fix stupid. Therefore as a track owner it is your job to reduce the ability of stupid people to make stupid choices. Its a losing battle.

I'm guessing 99% of the people responding to this thread are 40yrs + and have had proper track etiquette
explained to them because of something they did or learned it over the years.

So rather than pound on the keyboard about the issue take the initiative to help others learn.
We'll all benefit.

Back