interesting..

so everyone thinks a lot of c riders are sandbagging. what do you guys think of plus 30 sportsman. seen a guy at doublin gap who has raced many nationals and supercross and arenacross. isnt this class suppose to be more of b/c class. so now all vet classes are just gonna be former pros. what you guys think

Rules are specific for Sportsman class. Believe it states if you have raced in a SX or National as a former pro you not eligible. But local A riders are eligible I believe. There are LL gurus out there that can explain it.

If the definition of "sportsman" is B/C riders then yes, he is a sandbagger. That Is maybe the one thing I miss about losing our local districts. Back when you had a district card the guys that reached the A level had a giant "A" stamped on the card. They were pretty good at policing it and for the most part they were able to control but not sure anything was ever done on the B vs C classification. It is a lot to ask for the AMA or other sanctioning bodies to control but I would like to see it come back.

You would think that the AMA could mark our competition AMA cards A, B or C by advancement points or if you raced an AMA event in whatever class.

A pro that never finished in the top 20 in a race is eligible. The only people who are not eligible are listed in the "Vault".

So, if you finished countless nationals in the 21 -40 range, you are eligible.

If you qualified for countless night SX shows but never made the final 20 ( or 22) that night, your good to go.

Last edited:
If you win 100 +35 and 40b events in AMA racing last year, you will not be bumped to A either.

You are still eligible as a b rider.

No advancement points for those classes

6. Riders who have ever been issued a Pro Motocross or Pro Supercross license from any country or an FIM MXGP license, and earned a professional point are not eligible for any “B”, “C”, or Sportsman class, i.e., Two Stroke (16+), College (16-24), Vet 30+ or Senior 40+. To verify a result, visit The Vault; Riders listed in The Vault are not eligible to compete in these classes. www.vault.racerxonline.com.

I just looked at it. he won plus 25 too and the guy that got 2nd won 450a. So i guess by rules hes eligible, but if you're that fast just race A and plus 25 which is basically A. Wonder why they changed that rule anyways..

It went from a B/C class to a class for riders who never got national points.

Changed. For the better?

Time will tell. In the northeast, vet qualifiers seem to be down, but I haven't researched it.

if you qualified for a national or made night program in sx you shouldn't be allowed straight up...the rule used to be any one with a pro license couldn't race right?? Why change it

Why does the advancement point system stop in Vet classes? If a b/c, sportsmen or whatever you want to call it, class exists then you must develop an advancement system right along with it. Using the Vault to establish a rider is fine but it should not be the end all be all.

The 25 plus and 35 plus are to be open to any one of that age or older. The 30 plus was to be designated an age class and B or under letter class, no A or above.

My first several years at the ranch were raced in a class called "VET A", now im in a class that they cut entry size & laps, seems like the more money you dump in the sport the less you get for your hard earned buck, bring back VET A now that entries are huge and let +45 & +50 have there own 42 rider gate like everyone else who pays the same to compete!!!!!! mx sports take note

Partially agree on x-license holders, disagree on A riders. A riders are most definetly still amateurs.
Vet classes should be solely based on your age in an open skill format for Lorettas. If you need a vet C class so you can make it down to the ranch, then maybe Lorettas just isn't your calling. I'm sure you'll have a blast seeing where you stack up in qualifiers though and you're sure to get in some good fun battles whether you're in the front of the pack or the back.
This is an amateur National event meant to weed down to the top 40/64ish fastest riders in their respective classes in the country. IMO they made a good move this year dropping the b/c format, while keeping the real professionals like charmichael, ferry, Reynard, j-law out of the sportsmen classes. That really should include anyone with a previous pro license, but I see progress being made at least.
There are plenty of other big Vet series races that have a great a b and c vet format designed to cater to the weekend warrior.

Last edited:
I will fall back on my comments on this subject last year. It is called the Loretta's Lynns "AMATUER" Nationals. Do away with the A riders, Pro sport classes, etc. Former pro riders are NOT Amatuers. They can not go as long.......but they still fly, and when racing real B riders, you see a big difference in lap times. Do away with C class as a "championship" class, and that eliminates the sand bagging.

I will fall back on my comments on this subject last year. It is called the Loretta's Lynns "AMATUER" Nationals. Do away with the A riders, Pro sport classes, etc. Former pro riders are NOT Amatuers. They can not go as long.......but they still fly, and when racing real B riders, you see a big difference in lap times. Do away with C class as a "championship" class, and that eliminates the sand bagging.
Do away with the A riders lol.
If you do not or have never held a professional license you are an amatuer. Somebody has to win, and whoever wins is an A rider bottom line whether you chose to move yourself up to A or not

Yea I could agree let a riders in plus 30. But I think "A" is different from "pro". Pro is the best of the best you're no longer amature so to go back and race the vet amature classes is why they need x pro class. Rather you scored a point or not you were the top 40 that day in usa.

Back