interesting..

When you talking about the AMA Results Center there are a few things to remember. Electronic results didn't start get submitted to the AMA until the mid 2000's. So past results are not listed (currently). Everything time a result comes in, we match it with the racer's profile and update the classification based on the class they rode. Because we didn't have record of each racer's past, past employee's said everyone is a C rider until they race a AMA event which then we will know their classification because of the class they rode. Problem is, many classes are open classes or vet classes.

My first month on the job in 2012, I was putting the advancement and self-advancement letters together. I came across a self-advancement letter that was addressed to Ricky Carmichael, saying congratulations your an A rider. The reason was he had never rode a amateur event until 2012 with our new results center, it viewed him as a new participant. He was listed as an A rider because he rode some A classes but had he just rode the Vet classes, he would be classified as a C rider.

If you come across riders, that have incorrect information in the results center, contact me at ahunter@ama-cycle.org

Alex Hunter

Back