interesting..

what im saying its really not much of a race when over half the guys on the line cant hold on and really race for 5 laps. And trophys really don't mean that much , do they?

what im saying its really not much of a race when over half the guys on the line cant hold on and really race for 5 laps. And trophys really don't mean that much , do they?

You obviously have not watched the top 30, 40 and 50 year old riders in the country!

Let me see if I understand where the Stein is coming from...
When we reach a certain age, be it 27, 37. 47 or 97 does it really matter if you are running in the A B or C class? I mean the B guys don't want to run with the A guys cause they say its not fair, C guys don't want to ride with B guys cause they are too fast and its not fair. A riders don't want to rider with either cause... well, I cant think of a reason... But does it really matter? The Mini jr or 50 Sr and all the other youth classes are not divided into ABC and they do just fine. Believe it or not the fast guys will find there way to the front. Then the next fastest group will follow and finally the slow dudes. Hold onto your pants, but even with the classes divided into 15 different skill levels that is still going to happen.
The best argument I've heard (and its not very good) is the B or C vet riders cant make it to LL because of all the old Pro riders... What about all the youth riders that cant make it to LL because of all the NEXT Pro riders that are currently in there class?
Do you really think there are more 42 year olds out there not getting their chance then there are 12 year olds?
My son got lapped TWICE last week in the 50 Sr class. He never asked for a "50 Sr I don't know what I am doing yet" class. He had a ton of fun and cant wait to go racing again. Maybe by the end of the year he will advance to the "50 Sr. I didn't get lapped" class.

Just do that. Its all about fun at EVERY age.

Forgive me Stein if I am way off... But someone had to say it. :)

And that's the kind of progress we had with my son. You were happy when he was finally not getting lapped, etc. I am sure you will be like me, more laid back with your son. I have never pushed matthew very hard, and let him progress at his own speed and level of comfort.

And that's the kind of progress we had with my son. You were happy when he was finally not getting lapped, etc. I am sure you will be like me, more laid back with your son. I have never pushed matthew very hard, and let him progress at his own speed and level of comfort.
Same thing with my son, I have never pushed him hard either, its up to him to decide how fast he wants to be. When we first got into this sport he was also dead last in many of his races and he has gradually improved, which is how I want it to be, gradual, he's seems to stay healthier this way. He was incredibly disappointed at his results this past weekend but I wasn't. s**t, both his bikes were running like s**t, popping and cracking all over the track, he said they were down on power and he still went out and gave it is all. I was disappointed in the bikes but not him, he did the best he could do with bikes that were not up to par. As long as he goes out and does his best thats all I can ask, I don't have to be hard on him he seems to do that himself. Ultimately, this should be about fun, learning from your mistakes, friendships and character building know matter what you or your kids goals are. He wants to go to Loretta's which is a nice goal but I am more than fine running the local races. Quite honestly, I don't know if I have the time, determination or money to get him to Loretta's caliber rider, its quite a commitment and I am saving for two kids to go to college and me and my wifes retirement and the money tree in the backyard has been picked dry. So, I will support his dreams the best I can but there has to be a limit, IMO!!!

John Lilly......BINGO. I will never race on a credit card and go into debt for a hobby. I've known a couple people to do that, and a couple that ended up divorced over racing. Its a fun hobby for my family.

So that's how those guys moved to B from C disappear when you check? Huh! I'm gonna go that route myself. I'm gonna run 12-16 250 C after I shave my head and chest ( Gray hair thing) and buy some Seven gear to make me look skinny .....

Back