C class struggles.

Meister

PR Founding Father
Another rider doing good well within the guidelines is what it sounds like to me.

On another note..

At Malvern, C class riders are no longer permitted to jump the table to table or the quad in any of the defined C classes.

Penalties will be applied.

hershey

PR Elite
Another rider doing good well within the guidelines is what it sounds like to me.

On another note..

At Malvern, C class riders are no longer permitted to jump the table to table or the quad in any of the defined C classes.

Penalties will be applied.

Hopefully the OMA as a sanctioning organization steps up to the plate and follows suit. No Triple jumping .... or at least the more difficult jumps at any given track should be banned.

Missed the board all weekend, Pitracer is sooooo much fun!

Meister

PR Founding Father
Hershey, we tried the no "triple" thing the first year. Not practical. It has to pertain to certain jumps.

It will be enforced.

Team MMR

PR Addict
But yet a supermini can hit the Table to Table?? or someone in schoolboy can hit table to table and quad? I agree and disagree with jump restrictions to some extent

Really no triples or step ups? What's funny is half of us C riders ride school boy and its ok to jump whatever we want. Not that we are jumping these anyway no harm to us. You start putting limits on what kids can and can't jump is going to raise more hell than what it's worth.

Bill480

PR Addict
Really no triples or step ups? What's funny is half of us C riders ride school boy and its ok to jump whatever we want. Not that we are jumping these anyway no harm to us. You start putting limits on what kids can and can't jump is going to raise more hell than what it's worth.

Or it will cause the C riders that aren't beginners to jump up to B so they can jump everything.

Or it will cause the C riders that aren't beginners to jump up to B so they can jump everything.
That's not going to make us move up sorry. We just won't race C locally easy fix on our part. Like I said the quad and table to table is not a big deal to us. But the moment you say he can't jump step ups or triples I will leave the OMA.

John250

PR Founding Father
Sounds like the kid is not a C rider. I had this conversation with Knox and another this weekend about my own 11 year old son. He is big for his age. Probably will never run 85 Sr. or SUper mini because of his size. I am thinking a 125 next year. While he is doing well in 85 Jr. he would not win the C class. But I really dont think I will have him ever run C. On to Schoolboy, 2 stroke or whatever else we can run him in.

Meister

PR Founding Father
No tripling is not practical. The triple after the finish? Even the step up triple before the finish.. Those are easy. Pit bikes do them. My wife did them on a quad. The word triple can not be a determining factor. It was tried in the first season and it proved unrealistic. Step up? Thats not even close to practical either. Like I said, this needs to be a jump by jump basis, and it is.

Ultimately, it is the OMA founders' decision, but to do my job, I will enforce the rules. The rules that are now in place are what ive already stated.

-No table to table
-No quad

In any C class.

Limiting the C classes only will help make those classes safer. Unlike some who race multiple classes, the first time/year racer will typically only ride the one class they think they fit in. The C class. This will keep them safer. They have the same right to be on the track in that class as any other legal participant. This will help prevent a rider who is capable of hitting the jump, but not quite seasoned enough at making "no or go" judgement calls, from landing on the true beginners that are also on the track.

Schoolboy does not have limitations because it is not a skill level defined class. So you cant use that argument. If you race C, you do better and win by your ability to corner. Once your racing B riders in schoolboy, huck them jumps if you want to.

Swope has the right idea.

If you are a NATIONAL LEVEL "C" rider, then why race "C" LOCALLY? Schoolboy, Collegeboy, and 2 stroke are the classes that will benefit you the most by racing with the same caliber riders you will see at the big races. Win some local C races to get confidence, then leave the C racing just for national type stuff and get busy bettering yourself locally by racing only in the faster classes..

These are soley my opinions.

Bill480

PR Addict
That's not going to make us move up sorry. We just won't race C locally easy fix on our part. Like I said the quad and table to table is not a big deal to us. But the moment you say he can't jump step ups or triples I will leave the OMA.

I was moreso referring to the "no table to table, no quad" rule in C class. I agree no triples is too generic when some triples are hardly such.

But it sounds to me like you aren't a beginner, so it begs the question - Why do you insist on racing the beginner class?

hershey

PR Elite
No tripling is not practical. The triple after the finish? Even the step up triple before the finish.. Those are easy. Pit bikes do them. My wife did them on a quad. The word triple can not be a determining factor. It was tried in the first season and it proved unrealistic. Step up? Thats not even close to practical either. Like I said, this needs to be a jump by jump basis, and it is.

Ultimately, it is the OMA founders' decision, but to do my job, I will enforce the rules. The rules that are now in place are what ive already stated.

-No table to table
-No quad

In any C class.

Limiting the C classes only will help make those classes safer. Unlike some who race multiple classes, the first time/year racer will typically only ride the one class they think they fit in. The C class. This will keep them safer. They have the same right to be on the track in that class as any other legal participant. This will help prevent a rider who is capable of hitting the jump, but not quite seasoned enough at making "no or go" judgement calls, from landing on the true beginners that are also on the track.

Schoolboy does not have limitations because it is not a skill level defined class. So you cant use that argument. If you race C, you do better and win by your ability to corner. Once your racing B riders in schoolboy, huck them jumps if you want to.

Swope has the right idea.

If you are a NATIONAL LEVEL "C" rider, then why race "C" LOCALLY? Schoolboy, Collegeboy, and 2 stroke are the classes that will benefit you the most by racing with the same caliber riders you will see at the big races. Win some local C races to get confidence, then leave the C racing just for national type stuff and get busy bettering yourself locally by racing only in the faster classes..

These are soley my opinions.

So that has Malvern covered, what about other tracks in the OMA, that is my real question.

And being out of the C class for 30 years I havent dealt with this LL stuff and C class. So why is everyone bitching about it if they can run those other classes and get more experience with faster kids?

Meister just proved a point as to why they do it......for the glory. Its easier to win the beginner class than School boy, College boy or 2 Stroke generally speaking. Thread should be over at this point.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father

Are you afraid that you'll have to go faster in corners to make up time? Hence making yourself......a better rider........? Nah....races are won on the jumps, bro. But seriously, the skill classes are going to help you out the best as Meister stated. And the C class will help you to deal with full gate first turn jitters......but after that, not much help in that class. But if the jumping is limited you are being FORCED to win races in the CORNERS, right where the Pro's win races.

Now don't get red in the face over that comment. I like you, you're a good dude.

Anyway, Quading in the C class is ridiculous. Some of them might get the balls to do it, and some of them might be able to do it. But then they get tired and can't back it down a notch and end up wadding themselves up with 1 lap to go because their arms are rubber.

The Supermini argument: Not a skill class.. Weight to power ratio a supermini could huck that table to table at malvern easier than a 125. And if a kid on a supermini tries that, clearly he's very comfortable on the machine and hopefully won't even think about enlisting into the C class. I've ripped a holeshot on a 105 at OIR in the schoolboy class back when hands ran the track. I weighed 115 lbs, My bike cornered better (turn radius was sharper so I could cut under people) and I had a SEVERE advantage over the bigger kids/people/men on 125s. I'd pull them down the straights like it was nothing.

Last edited:

Meister

PR Founding Father
Bill, this reverts right back to the typical C class struggles. Its a broad class, period. From the guy who bought a dirt bike yesterday to the kid who came off minis (and sucked, or even did OK) but has been on a track awhile.. They are LEGAL and thats why. They want to give it their first go at Lorettas (ive personally been in this exact situation at age 14). Everyone has to start somewhere, even to get to the amature national level. People who say "who cares about C class at lorettas?". Well, the fact is, its a class they are legally able to ride and gives them their best shot at EVER getting to the ranch. Its a nationally recognized class.

Im not one for adding classes, but the D class sounds like a solution. Then you have guy that are ashamed to ride it. So they ride C, and then complain they get beat.. There is no real solution. Thats the problem.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
George, for the record, his kid has never jumped either jump.. lol

I know!!! I like Swopie and his parents, no better moto people around! Point being he probably is getting beat by some nimrod without a brain (Or sandbagger) who does those jumps. Then he reels them back in only to say : "welp see ya later over that Quad."

Bill480

PR Addict
Bill, this reverts right back to the typical C class struggles. Its a broad class, period. From the guy who bought a dirt bike yesterday to the kid who came off minis (and sucked, or even did OK) but has been on a track awhile.. They are LEGAL and thats why. They want to give it their first go at Lorettas (ive personally been in this exact situation at age 14). Everyone has to start somewhere, even to get to the amature national level. People who say "who cares about C class at lorettas?". Well, the fact is, its a class they are legally able to ride and gives them their best shot at EVER getting to the ranch. Its a nationally recognized class.

Im not one for adding classes, but the D class sounds like a solution. Then you have guy that are ashamed to ride it. So they ride C, and then complain they get beat.. There is no real solution. Thats the problem.

I understand the Loretta chasing dreams (I guess) But to threaten to quit racing OMA altogether because of a jump limitation in a class that has 'the guy who bought a dirtbike yesterday' in it is pretty childish. It's an issue of safety at that point IMO. When you do either of those jumps at malvern I don't think you can see where you are landing, which means you can't see who you're possibly going to land on...

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I understand the Loretta chasing dreams (I guess) But to threaten to quit racing OMA altogether because of a jump limitation in a class that has 'the guy who bought a dirtbike yesterday' in it is pretty childish. It's an issue of safety at that point IMO. When you do either of those jumps at malvern I don't think you can see where you are landing, which means you can't see who you're possibly going to land on...

Absolutely!!!! Blind jumps aren't hucked by true novices. They don't get that gut feeling if they're going fast enough before they leave the jump like riders with experience get....

Original44

PR Addict
Wow, did this get off topic quick. Please read in English what this subject was originally wrote about. It wasn't about point fingers or penalizing riders.

All George and I talked about was that the local promoters (OMA, CRA or District 11) can no longer bump riders from the class C to the B class because of Loretta Lynn's. So my idea was to make it a B/C class. The idea behind that was you would not affect anybody trying to qualify for LL's. They could still run B class or C class at the Area Qualifiers depending on what class they are allowed to race. This would work, just look at the mini's, superminis, and schoolboy classes, no one's complaining about the lack of a C class in those classes. Most of these races raced against each other in those classes.

Once again you would have to have a beginner or D class for the new riders. The D class then could be monitored by the local race organizations and bumper riders as needed. This class wouldn't be controlled by MX sports, it would be controlled by the local sanctioning group. The D class riders wouldn't be allowed to run area qualifiers, if they did then they would be advanced to B/C locally. You wouldn't be adding an extra class just rewording them.

Now, for all the riders that were mentioned, those riders are racing within the rules. They are doing nothing wrong and I don't know why this subject got into all that ridiculous. It's just stupid!

I would love to see it go back to the way it was back in the day 125, 250 and Open. But things have changed over the last 30 years. Look at vintage racing today, it's also has tons of classes and skill levels.

I hope this was clear enough for everybody.