C class struggles.

I understand the Loretta chasing dreams (I guess) But to threaten to quit racing OMA altogether because of a jump limitation in a class that has 'the guy who bought a dirtbike yesterday' in it is pretty childish. It's an issue of safety at that point IMO. When you do either of those jumps at malvern I don't think you can see where you are landing, which means you can't see who you're possibly going to land on...
I was referring to not being able to do triples or step ups not the quad or the table to table

I was referring to not being able to do triples or step ups not the quad or the table to table
biggthumpup.gif

Just like the federal government. Let's make new rules, change the wording, charge more and accomplish nothing. The AMA mxsports and everyone else does not really care about solving the issue. Bury your head in the sand and move on. Maybe all of us should sign up for c class one weekend and see if they even say a word about it.

Let a bunch of A riders borrow the slower C riders bikes and whoop on the sandbagger riders until they quit and take their ball home... It can go down in moto history as the great sandbagger extraction... Just my contribution to a soon to be 20 pager lol

i think this topic needs a lot of attention. im a young working American with little time to train for mx altough ive been riding mx on and off since i was 10. i mainly do practice days at BRIARCLIFF and i tool around on the C track ( very thankful to have a safe place to work on my skills). im happy when there is a C session on the big track so i dont have to worry about being landed on by more talented riders.
I went to the race on May 10 at Briarcliff as a spectator to scope out the "C" class to judge if my skills would be sufficient to run with them. let me tell you nothing is more deteriorating for the growth of this sport like a newbee feeling like there isent a place for them to start in this sport. ive done maybe 1 race every year in the past 5 years and i will say i felt like that 250 C and C open class was FULLLLLL!!! of sandbaggers is this really what a C class looks like????. i would have had a fun race with the last 5 guys in the class, the others were busy tripling and clearing the table top.

my point is there are lots of guys like me that want to get into racing but are in no way near as fast as that "C" class i saw riding that day. we just want the thrill of racing with out the fear of being landed .... I gotta work on Monday!

Last edited:
The only way to get faster and become a better rider is to race against faster guys. Practicing a bunch will only make you so good, racing will make you better. RACE PACE and PRACTICE PACE are 2 different riding styles.

i think this topic need alot of attention. im a young working american with little time to train for mx altough ive been riding mx on and off since i was 10. i mainly do practice days at BRIARCLIFF and i tool around on the C track ( very thankful to have a safe place to work on my skills). im happy when there is a C session on the big track so i dont have to worry about being landed on by more talented riders.
I went to the race on May 10 at Briarcliff as a spectator to scope out the "C" class to judge if my skills would be sufficient to run with them. let me tell you nothing is more deteriorating for the growth of this sport like a newbee feeling like there isent a place for them to start in this sport. ive done maybe 1 race every year in the past 5 years and i will say i felt like that 250 C and C open class was FULLLLLL!!! of sandbaggers is this really what a C class looks like????. i would have had a fun race with the last 5 guys in the class, the others were busy tripling and clearing the table top.

my point is there are lots of guys like me that want to get into racing but are in no way near as fast as that "C" class i saw riding that day. we just want the thrill of racing with out the fear of being landed .... I gotta work on Monday!

While I can't disagree with your thoughts there, my suggestion is to see which age class you fit into. Theres a decent mix of talent in the age classes. There will always be some super fast guys in college and +25 and such, but there is always a decent mid pack group as well, and you would probably feel more comfortable there, than with a gate full of crazy C riders.

Smoke, if you want to feel safe, have fun and go to work on Monday, age an age group like 25+ is where you need to be. The C class would be the last class I would tell anyone race if you are worried getting landed on.
But thank you for proving our point. Sandbaggers are keeping new people from racing. Plain and simple. Right there is proof.

Want to end sandbagging? Reward people for going faster. Why not ditch the two moto format and have qualifying all day for one main event with a cash payout structure? Or have age level classes only? Or displacement classes only? Or vet only races? Or mini only races? Or a MX race with the GP schedule? That's the type of discussion we should be having.

Got a point here.

Funny how the two most active threads on PR right now are really about the exact same thing. Has anyone ever considered the possibility that the skill level in "beginner" classes have an effect on whether or not somebody who rides but does not race will find the nerve to ever get on the track? Have you ever considered that a huge mismatch, and a scary ride with fast guys flying over, or landing beside a guy might give him the impression he does not belong out there, and he never returns?

To the influential PR clique, new guys are annoying, they slow things down, and they are more people to wait on until their next moto. To the promoters, the impression intetrested potential racers get from watching, and their first early racing experience will either keep them on the trails, or be enjoyable enough to pursue. They don't care about winning. They want at least one guy to give them a competitive race.

What does an interested ridng spectator think when he watches your beginner classes? Does he say "I'd get killed out there" or does he say "I think I could do that"?

Your well funded, high flying, talented racers bring in the spectators, but your work boot and flannel guys running old beaters bring in the new racers, and those guys have been long ago pushed aside, and never were much appreciated in most circles.

Back