C class struggles.

I have a solution. Let's find one class to eliminate. This should be simple....there are tons of over lapping classes. Add the D vlass, 105 - 450 bikes. 1 or 2 on AMA card. Also, promoter has ability to move someone to C class based on his or her evaluation of riding skills at anytime from D to C. Let's then see how many people come in and sign up for D class. Should not take long to see if it is successful.

I am sure Knox has a spreadsheet some where to show you exactly which class should be eliminated based on true participation numbers also.

Of course I have the numbers.
based on 2014 in SW series:
14-24 = 3.812 riders per race
25+ = 3.062 per
Open A = 2.375 per
25+ A = 1.812 per
30+ A = 1.5 per
250 A = = 1.187 per

So combine all the A classes into 1 and you open up 3 spots. Want to add the goofy D class? Go right ahead. Better yet. Re-define the current rules for the C class and enforce them.

If your wondering.. The highest attended class last year was 65 7-11 with an average of 16.5 per race.
So what did the do? They broke one class of 65's into two (7-9 and 10-11) so more kids could win. And what has happened so far? Average has dropped to 8 for 65jr and 3.6 for 65 Sr. with a combined average of 11.6 per race.... Added a class and the totals went down. Might want to rethink that rule change.
Of just ignore the facts and make up your own story.

0nyd4n1.jpg

Some minor tweaks to the bike classes......do not have schoolboy 1 and 2. One schoolboy class. 105 to 150 bikes. Sorry, on a 250, go race another class. Promote kids staying on 150 and under 2 strokes longer. Have one 65 class 7-11. Do away with 30 vet, 30 Vet C, 40 vet, and 50 vet. Have 25 plus A & B and 35 plus A & B on the local scene, this fills the gates and eliminates a couple classes. Girls bike should go away. Have the younger girls racing with the boys. I tend to see most of them racing boys classes anyway. Keep womens, and when the girls grow up, they will do better in the womens class. 50 Oil Injected (and any multi shift trail bikes), 50 Jr and 50 Sr. Add the D class 105 - 450 for one and two year card members only.

upload_2015-5-19_14-9-37.png

Summary of entries into at least 2 rounds of the Battle of Ohio last year. (These are unique riders who completed 2 or 3 rounds in each class.)

Some minor tweaks to the bike classes......do not have schoolboy 1 and 2. One schoolboy class. 105 to 150 bikes. Sorry, on a 250, go race another class. Promote kids staying on 150 and under 2 strokes longer. Have one 65 class 7-11. Do away with 30 vet, 30 Vet C, 40 vet, and 50 vet. Have 25 plus A & B and 35 plus A & B on the local scene, this fills the gates and eliminates a couple classes. Girls bike should go away. Have the younger girls racing with the boys. I tend to see most of them racing boys classes anyway. Keep womens, and when the girls grow up, they will do better in the womens class. 50 Oil Injected (and any multi shift trail bikes), 50 Jr and 50 Sr. Add the D class 105 - 450 for one and two year card members only.
John 250, is on the money here, I say one or more of the promoters need to give this a try.... I Like It!!!!! 250's should go try another class!!!!!

Man you guys like to pick on the exception. Ok, so here is the summary of entries for the OMA for 2014 not including the battle races or fair races. just info. I'll slice it up when I have time.
upload_2015-5-20_10-47-45.png

FYI those bottom 2 ATV C groups should be combined with the regular ATV C class closer to the top, Those groups were ran when there were more quads than gates at Malvern.

Regardless it's interesting that the trend continues across the board with the C class being largest, Although personally i don't see as many blatant sandbaggers in the quad ranks, mainly because the nationals guys just don't race many locals.

FYI those bottom 2 ATV C groups should be combined with the regular ATV C class closer to the top, Those groups were ran when there were more quads than gates at Malvern.

Regardless it's interesting that the trend continues across the board with the C class being largest, Although personally i don't see as many blatant sandbaggers in the quad ranks, mainly because the nationals guys just don't race many locals.

Yea that's a different animal. You quad guys are really committed to the sport and only spend tens of thousands to race all over the country! How do you get new people to start racing Quads????

Man you guys like to pick on the exception. Ok, so here is the summary of entries for the OMA for 2014 not including the battle races or fair races. just info. I'll slice it up when I have time.
View attachment 48735

Let # of riders be a percent / Total Class entries

X/5057 = X(100) = X%

420/5057 = 0.0831 = 8.31%

8.3% of all entries were C class entries.
5.6% Supermini
5.6% Schoolboy
2.6% 250 B
2.1% Open B
2.8% Open A
1.2% 250A

The above were bikes only.

maybe thats why I loved supermini so much. My favorite time of my life. Gates were big. You had JR mini, SR mini, Extra Mini's all out there and nobody was bitching about sandbagging.

Yea How do you get new people to start racing Quads????
Oh this is about an easy underhand pitch as I have ever seen... Who is going first? OK I will.
1. Remove their brain.
2. Offer free pack of Camels.
3. Natural Light.
4. Post fliers in the trailer court.
5. Follow the short bus.

oh, this is way to easy.

God love you quadies. Its so easy to beat up on them.

Back