Unadilla MX rewind

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Unadilla was awesome. Brought home a 1-1 and 2-2 in his first two expert races. Ron lechein, broc glover and Chuck Sun rode in his Motos!!!
I brought home a 5-3 and 3-6 for 3rd overall and 5th.
Gates were full with 38 riders per Moto!!
The racetrack was challenging and fun ! Props to Unadilla for a great 3 day event!!

Not quite. Lol. But he beat the expert riders in his class.
He saw them for the first few turns!!!
They ran 125 , 250 and 500 together.
38 on the gate! BABS got 7 out of all the classes.

FANTASTIC guys ! Wish I could have been there . How about the rest of the crew ? Any other old pro's attend ?

So dinner with Broc Glover, Chuck Sun, John Dowd, Bruce Stratton, Ron Lechien and all but Glover racing with and against each other & vets, Broc Glover ripping an 74 Elsinore 125 in the pits (his first even race bike). OMG it hard to imagine how fast these guys are until you see them on the same track. Fabulous dinner sponsored by THOR, with all of these guys and 6 or 7 more talking about their time in the MX World. Free hats, swag, lots of good stuff, Race Teach dude setting up my suspension "gratis"

Hands down the best vintage event I have ever been too. "Gravity Cavity" is amazing you jump into it in 2nd gear shifting up all the way down hill, you hit the bottom, your suspension almost collapses, and race up the face until you fly off the lip. Makes Cedar Point seem pretty lame. 50+intermediate with 36 guys same class racing into the first corner, and under the bridge, WOW.

Great company with Babs sr & jr, along with JC ( Vet 261) and 300 cool dudes racing cool bikes.

Its a bucket list deal for sure, and for US its now an annual event.

And a guy on a KX 125 on the starting line from New Jersey, "Hey, I know you, your the dude on Pit Racer from Ohio with the coolest RM125"

Last edited:
You guys are welcome! TB901 and I didn't go, had we gone the sky's would have opened up and you would have needed an ark to get around the track!

On a serious note I keep think the states need a vintage race like Farleigh Castle, maybe this is it ?

You guys are welcome! TB901 and I didn't go, had we gone the sky's would have opened up and you would have needed an ark to get around the track!

On a serious note I keep think the states need a vintage race like Farleigh Castle, maybe this is it ?

So my own Vintage MX Bucket list is
1. MX Rewind @ Unadilla...............done
2. Diamond Dons.........................2016
3. Mid Ohio VMD.........................done
4. Farleigh.................................tbd

These are primarily older historic events, this was only the 4th MX Rewind at Unadilla, it was also the first with a major sponsor in THOR/Parts Unlimited which really help $$$$ improve the event, they have big plans for next years 5th anniversary. I plan to do Diamond Don's next year, it look to be a great event (unless it rains every day) with fun racing on a decent, but not spectacular track. I need to figure out how to do Farleigh Castle. To me the best way for guys like us do an event in the UK is to find a vintage guy in England who has a bike you could ride, and then provide him a bike at Unadilla or Diamond's. Mid Ohio is better than most of us OHIO guys realize, not a great racing event, but a great motorcycle event.

Promoter class on Saturday, Jack Babet in red, GoPro on Mike Babet. Babet jr went into Gravity Cavity in distant second and almost jumped over the leader to easily pass him and ran away from the field to win by half a lap. And a full lap of Unadilla National track for your viewing pleasure.

Nice start for BABS and Jr. We were on the only drum brake bikes out there!!
My handlebars dropped 4 inches on the switchback after gravity cavity.
I was freaked out!! Every jump they dropped more. I just held on for a 10 th place. Moto 2 was a different story as I got a third place for 5thnk real!!

My 50 + intermediate race 1, bad start, and crashed at the end of the 1st lap but managed to catch and pass the guys that caught me. Just a rookie on a 125 with the big bikes. Actually I chose to race in the intermediate class, AHRMA offered to bump me down to novice but this is the biggest class most weeks and I want to get faster, not beat other turds like me.

Reactions: DTS
I want to get faster, not beat other turds like me.

Nice video and looks like you all had a blast. From another stinker that wants to get faster.

Like I said in a post a while back, it will be a badge of honor when somebody calls me out as a sandbagger instead of just a sandbag!

That deffinately looked like a good time, might have to start looking for an old bike with no brakes, bad suspension, terrible motor, and reliability issues. Haha
Just kidding, that does look like a lot of fun.

Thanks for those videos ! Mike 2 ( sorry I know Babet but not you ) I really liked that you didn't follow other riders and chose a lot smoother lines instead of the ruts that everybody used . Track looked FUN ! No moto 2 vids ? Where were the old pros landing coming out of the cavity ? I gotta get there next year .

Yes, thanks. That's what a vintage race should look like. And every real old track should have a barn. That 125 in the video sounds strong. But halffast, you are so out of it. Haven't you heard, ruts are where it's at now days. ;)

Something else cool I almost forgot about.
So I stop by the "Unadilla event t-shirt" trailer to buy an event shirt. I see this big rack over on the side and it's filled with NOS leftover event programs from past Unadilla events.
At first I think it's just a cool display, then I ask if they are for sale and am told "yes for one dollar each."

My next thought of course immediately goes to "I hope I have enough money with me since I will probably buy this whole rack"........but I managed to silently talk myself into picking out 5 of them.

IMG_3012_resize.JPG
IMG_3013_resize.JPG
IMG_3014_resize.JPG

Something else cool I almost forgot about.
So I stop by the "Unadilla event t-shirt" trailer to buy an event shirt. I see this big rack over on the side and it's filled with NOS leftover event programs from past Unadilla events.
At first I think it's just a cool display, then I ask if they are for sale and am told "yes for one dollar each."

My next thought of course immediately goes to "I hope I have enough money with me since I will probably buy this whole rack"........but I managed to silently talk myself into picking out 5 of them.

View attachment 48867 View attachment 48868View attachment 48869
That's the best $5 you ever spent........

Back