Unadilla MX rewind

Are you kidding me?? That is freakin' awesome! I still have my first Dirt Bike magazines from when they started plus any program I ever picked up. Those are just amazing - like finding a MX time capsule!

Yes, thanks. That's what a vintage race should look like. And every real old track should have a barn. That 125 in the video sounds strong. But halffast, you are so out of it. Haven't you heard, ruts are where it's at now days. ;)
Thanks, 1981 RM125X, spent the last year getting it sorted and I would say it runs as well as any 125 of it era today, 43mm front end and full Racetech front & rear. Bought it for $430 on Ebay, got a bit more in it now but a really fun bike to ride.
3-22 040.JPG

Very nice work Mike! That was the first bike that I raced with in '81 - got a new one each year after that, keeping the previous year as a practice bike. All the way until '85 when a first turn crash broke my arm and the forced time off got me married, kids, self-employed and no MX until 2 years ago. Man I loved that bike!

THANKS , Mike ! Really enjoyed it . Guy seemed to take some pretty good jolts landing some of the jumps or does the GoPro just make it look/sound like it ? Liked that the rider made some of the same line choices that appealed to me and that he made some of the same kinds of mistakes , nice ride though . Was there another class mixed in with you guys ?

I appreciate the footage but you don't know how much it makes an old man who cannot get on a bike again , want to do it ! Fighting the temptation to drag one of the Huskys out and fire it up . Keep em coming please . Any chance of some Missouri action posted soon ?

Missouri soon. Yes. There were some hard hits on the track. The normal big jumps were not doable as they cut down the takeoffs. It was a blast.
There was a fast 125 class in there too. 3 or so guys end up passing me.

Back