no reason

Back in the 80's that track lost their pro race because it was rock hard and dry like Interstate 70. Now riders are saying its too rough? Come on. It looked great.
I liked Dungeys interview after the race. He hinted that it was too dangerous but did not want to say it.
Oh, and when they lost the pro race do you remember where it went the next year? Troy. See, if Kenworthy would have built a flood wall maybe he would have gotten the race back...lol

I watched all four motos. Guys were getting bucked in that line of that section all day. The outside was the better/smoother line, but guys were taking the inside anyways. In my opinion, professionals should be able to figure that out. Nothing wrong with the track or how rough it was. I've seen worse.

I watched all four motos. Guys were getting bucked in that line of that section all day. The outside was the better/smoother line, but guys were taking the inside anyways. In my opinion, professionals should be able to figure that out. Nothing wrong with the track or how rough it was. I've seen worse.

Precisely what I was thinking....especially with the lead that ET had, he could of afforded to take the longer, smoother line and not risk a dirt sample at mach 1....

I believe we've had this conversation a hundred times about safety, and here is a perfect example at the PRO level. Plenty of other pro's made it through both moto's with out going down because they made smart line choices. It's not the track, it's the rider.

Back in the 80's that track lost their pro race because it was rock hard and dry like Interstate 70. Now riders are saying its too rough? Come on. It looked great.
I liked Dungeys interview after the race. He hinted that it was too dangerous but did not want to say it.
Oh, and when they lost the pro race do you remember where it went the next year? Troy. See, if Kenworthy would have built a flood wall maybe he would have gotten the race back...lol
Didn't it go back to Colorado after troy ended also?

Did everyone miss what Knox said?

Yeah it was rough, if it looked rough on tv you can bet it was 4x worse than you can imagine. Im still stuck on RD5's comments. He obviously cant say it dangerous but he was saying that best that he could. If he is saying it then you know its bad.

I think it might be better for the riders if they just did a mid-day prep before the 250 2nd moto in the worse sections. Nothing too crazy but enough to take the really nasty sections down a notch. it would be different if like was stated above the riders were making more and sat out making the same cash.

No matter what the track conditions are someone is always going to go faster then safely possible. We've all done it, and after we get hurt we say man I shouldn't have been going that fast. That's part of the fun of racing, being right on the verge.

Yea If dungey is saying it's rough. Then I'm sure I would of pulled off halfway in lap 1. Not worth it.

Looking at the tv I was getting butt pucker. That trak was gnarly. Can't imagine riding it. Didn't look like fun at all. Maybe they needed a quad moto in the middle there lol.

Yea If dungey is saying it's rough. Then I'm sure I would of pulled off halfway in lap 1. Not worth it.

Looking at the tv I was getting butt pucker. That trak was gnarly. Can't imagine riding it. Didn't look like fun at all. Maybe they needed a quad moto in the middle there lol.
Kim and I were saying the same thing. Track didn't look fun at all. Well, to us mere mortals anyway, but looks as if it wasn't so much to a few super humans either...

Problem is all these guys are so fast and ride great on well prepped smooth tracks. Kind of like in SX in my opinion, most track layouts, the good riders all go very close to the exact same speed, and it becomes who gets the start, and follow the leader. I don't want outdoor MX to become that. The riders have to learn where to go fast, where to back it down, and where to look for a new line, even if its the further way around the track.

You know why I like nascar?

Because 31 guys are within 3.5 seconds of first place the entire race.

I wouldn't complain If the top 20 in mx would be within 2.5 seconds of eachother for 4 hours.

You know why I like nascar?

Because 31 guys are within 3.5 seconds of first place the entire race.

I wouldn't complain If the top 20 in mx would be within 2.5 seconds of eachother for 4 hours.
They have nascar on two wheels. Its called flat track. Plenty of seats still available. You supply the beer, we supply the boredom. Unless someone crashes

Flat tracks pretty gnarly.

I guess I like racing for that battle you find between any few people on the track at any given time.

Hell some of the best races I've watched were mid pack c riders dicing back and forth back and forth.

Flat track for sure takes big marbles and is pretty darn close racing but requires a lot of beer to watch for more then 30 minuets.
Mid pack c class is good racing. Those are not the sandbaggers but I wont go there...:D
That's is a "call back" for you lurkers and noobs.
Come join the party

Flat track is pretty kick ass at the 1/2 mile and larger tracks.
DSC01101.JPG

Back