no reason

I happen to like flat track racing. But I like Nascar too. I want to try out an XR 750 and go into turn one on a half mile sometime. And the miles are even more intense. I got into motocross because my parents had friends that were half milers, and mom side no way was I ever going flat tracking.

My point was motocross tracks are suppose to be rough. Was Colorado rougher then the average? Maybe. If Dung thinks its bad then it is. BUT, if it were smooth then everyone would be going WAY too fast of these fart bikes. How bad would Toesmack's injury be if he were going mach 2 at the time of his corner mishap?
Take the ruts out and you have a TT... Which is cool but its not MX
It will be interesting to see how Thunder Valley responds next year.

My point was motocross tracks are suppose to be rough. Was Colorado rougher then the average? Maybe. If Dung thinks its bad then it is. BUT, if it were smooth then everyone would be going WAY too fast of these fart bikes. How bad would Toesmack's injury be if he were going mach 2 at the time of his corner mishap?
Take the ruts out and you have a TT... Which is cool but its not MX
It will be interesting to see how Thunder Valley responds next year.
You're taking it too far and going to an extreme to make a poor point. Not thinking anyone is saying no ruts and smooth as a baby's rump, just fix a few areas. It's a tough call. Hard to take out some and not others when doing a midday prep. In the end, I think it is up too the rider to back it down...

'Tis funny 'tis. I remember another thread talking about tracks that are unsafe due to obstacles built and some blaming tracks for injuries vs. it being the riders responsibility to "slow down". Sure, that thread was more about amateur MX, but still... I still call flip floppers...

Does anyone remember BC Battle 2013?...

You're taking it too far and going to an extreme to make a poor point. Not thinking anyone is saying no ruts and smooth as a baby's rump, just fix a few areas. It's a tough call. Hard to take out some and not others when doing a midday prep. In the end, I think it is up too the rider to back it down...

'Tis funny 'tis. I remember another thread talking about tracks that are unsafe due to obstacles built and some blaming tracks for injuries vs. it being the riders responsibility to "slow down". Sure, that thread was more about amateur MX, but still... I still call flip floppers...

Does anyone remember BC Battle 2013?...

No flip flop here. Its the track owners responsibility to provide a track that riders cant be too stupid on. In the end its the rider (mostly) but if you dont give them the chance they cant eff up. My argument is mainly for our stuff not the pros. But I believe even the pro tracks have been causing too much injury the past couple years. Some riders have voiced this opinion also.

You cant make it too easy but there needs to be a medium ground.

You cant make it too easy but there needs to be a medium ground.

I would maybe have to agree with that. Not thinking any promoter builds and does not prep anything in an effort to hurt someone, it just happens due tot the fact a promoter cannot foresee always what I rider will try and/or how a track will develop... Tough call.

My eyes saw a very rough track , not an unsafe one .

That twisty thing on the right side of the handlebars turns in both directions .

Even with the advances to date with engines , chassis , suspension , brakes , etc. there is a limit to how fast a bike can be ridden on changeable dirt . Lines move , bumps and holes form , berms can blow out , moisture can come and go .

The most important variable that a racer can adjust is inside the helmet . Results usually show who is best at it . WFO until you crash is not the best plan although it makes you look like a hero until body meets earth .

Flat track is pretty kick ass at the 1/2 mile and larger tracks.
DSC01101.JPG

Tommy Morgan making a move on the inside.

Long video but 1/2 mile deep cushion we went to a couple weeks ago. Go to 2:00 to see the dragger
and how deep it's cutting. They do things different up north. Only one 250 flat track class - novice - which
my son won. Then they have DTX (stock frame any engine size) and Dirt track (frames open, engines open,mostly guys
with fancy flat track frames) At 11:20 the DTX intermediate class my son is the only 250, gets the start expected
against a bunch of 450s, then passes a rider every other lap to finish 4th and take home $70 cdn.

If you go to the crash at 17:30, that framer broke in half from the impact. They dragged it
back to the pit next to ours to mourn it.

It's an x games event this year. Just sayin.
Boy, that sure was a quality event. The mx starting gate was cool but to have a track like that for the first (and last) time on national tv is a shame. In one night they pushed the sport back to the same time period those turd bikes were engineered

Back