CTMX Announcement!!!

Chilli Town MX

PR Addict
Everyone at CTMX is excited to announce the first of several cool and exciting things we have in store for everyone for the opening round of the Battle for Ohio Championship Series.

As many of you already know Chillitown's turn outs have grown exponentially since we opened. We feel in order to keep things moving in the right direction we need to be able to run more efficient. One thing we agreed we needed to improve upon is registration, scoring and tallying races in a timely fashion.

With the Battle for Ohio race typically being our largest race and compiled with being a Pro-Am points paying event we have decided to use transponders for this race.

We are contracting EScore MX to score this event. This is very exciting news as it will bring a new element to our facility. Not only will you be able to print off your lap times you can have them sent to your smartphone in real time. Another great feature is you can watch live timing and scoring online. So, you have the ability to watch, check results or check race order from the comfort of your camper via free Wi-Fi.

The use of transponders gives us the ability to do a lot of cool things that traditional scoring doesn't allow such as instant results and lap times. We may even offer some swag for fastest lap... Wink Wink.

We will be updating everyone with more details soon.

Not sure I am a huge fan of this. I like the idea and understand it could be a huge help for the ladies in scoring but at red bud we paid $40 for a rental so that's another $80 for the weekend. I know this sport is expensive but the battle of ohio is a sweet series, don't make it as expensive as running LL stuff.

Kelly I can not agree more. We talk about the expense of racing all the time. The three battle races alone will cost me probably $1000 to race those three. I am not sure it is needed. What I think is needed is just some good experienced scorers.

Buy a transponder. I love em. At the red bud regional i could see my lap times were getting better every lap and how long i could keep the pace.
I got smoked but. I was racing the track and transponder. ( cuz camron and lotts were not on the track) i really was happy with my times from friday till sunday.

Oh i could have paid 0$ for the weekend. But decided i wantes print outs for 10 bucks.

It is not going to cost very much. Below the average. Something like $15 per transponder.
Setting back at the RV watching lap times and knowing exactly where we are in the program without the risk of spilling my beer by actually standing up. Well worth every penny

I think this is my favorite weekend, but add in another fee to a four hour drive, that might just send me to Vintage Days.

Reactions: DTS
I have thought about buying transponders until I realized you have to pay a fee for them every year so what is the sense in buying one to use once or twice a year. We generally don't run the LL stuff because of the expense of it. We can run a bazillion other cool races that are way cheaper. Allan never ran a regional and he loves red bud so perfect opportunity until he knocks himself silly Friday and doesn't race. I could of ran the plus 35 class at red bud for fun but didn't because of the expense. I did run his transponder on Friday and had my lap times which was cool but I threw the paper in the trash before we even came home.

I know this doesn't help everyone, but if you're planning on doing the Regional at Sunday Creek and then Chillitown, the rental fees would pretty much pay for over half the transponder.

AMA members receive a 20% discount
on ONLINE orders only from MyLaps. Log into the members only section of the Americanmotorcyclist.com to get the discount code. Go to the MyLaps website, select the MX Flex transponder and subscription you want, then drop in the AMA discount code. A Flex MX Transponder with a 1 year subscription for a AMA member would be a total of $76 for the year (almost $20 in savings). Save some money on those $40 rentals and purchase a transponder.

index.php

I think this is my favorite weekend, but add in another fee to a four hour drive, that might just send me to Vintage Days.
I enjoy vintage days also. Went 7 or 8 straight years but if you are looking at it from a $ standpoint then Chili is the way to go. No matter what the charge for the transponder is it would be WAY less then the thousands I would spend on another garage beauty that would follow me home from Mid-Ohio.

It is not going to cost very much. Below the average. Something like $15 per transponder.
Setting back at the RV watching lap times and knowing exactly where we are in the program without the risk of spilling my beer by actually standing up. Well worth every penny

Can we get some for-rent mechanics to take our kids to the gate, prep it and give the speech so we don't have leave the RV at all?:)

My husband and I are both ama members but i still have no desire to buy a transponder. Between mx and flat track we raced 32 races last year and never once needed a transponder so i dont see the value in buying one.

*****More details*****
CTMX will be footing most of the bill for the cost of the transponders, so we will only be charging the riders $15 for the rental cost of the transponder. eScore MX will require a carbon copy of your credit or debit card at the time of the rental to cover the cost if its not returned. We will have someone in staging that will be checking to make sure that all transponders are correctly placed on the bikes and working. We will also be reminding people throughout the day on Sunday to return their transponders when they are finished racing. We feel this will greatly aid in the speed and efficiency of daily operations.

This would be a perfect event for the first ever PitRacer VIP Party. I am seeing a large tent with various liquid refreshment, FOOD, Big TV playing videos of me on a continuous loop. Scantly clad buxom young lasses serving the drink of your choice (Then doubling as umbrella girls for "addict" and up members) you could even make it legit with displays of board and chilitown sponsors. Oh yeah, this could be big. Someone get to work on that.

Back