CTMX Announcement!!!

Hey I never complained we needed them. I am just looking at this as someone that used to pay for 4 racers and an extra fee like that at the time could determine whether we went somewhere or not.

i wasnt meaning you or John Lilly, im talking about majority of the people complaining

Knox, to answer your questions regarding weather related reliability - we have used them in 30 degree weather for our winter harescrambles, 97 degree dusty days in summer for MX and flat track with no issues. If it is raining you can wrap the receiver/scanner in a big zip lock bag. We use a combination of four scanners, so all four would have to fail to not pick up a rider. The mud doesn't have any effect on the tag either, still reads. Fortunately we have a few members who work for a label company so our cost on tags has gotten down to about fifty cents.
Thanks for the info. Yes, I heard rain is the issue. Since the scanner is mounted above or next to the finish line, it needs to be protected before hanging.
Sounds like your data base is excellent. Maybe soon the company can link each rider to a credit card and signup could be as easy as: Scan, what class you want? Done.

I agree.

Think of it as maintenance cost. It's not like the transponder runs itself...however you bring up a good point and it may be in there somewhere, but what's the lifecycle of one of these transponders? Suppose both in just that it keeps working and in that the new technology doesn't work with it (talking future here)?

All in all though, it's a benefit. Sure it costs, but not near as much as them cool anodized hubs you just bought... ;) (general comment to whomever)
Yeah ( general as we'll). $200.00 in stickers is just fine but 100 bucks for a year of transponders is too much..

How is that hiding anything? Wrapping the fee into the sign up fee is technically 'hiding' it

And I for one think more data is awesome. I also think that the 'subscription' nonsense for them is bullshit (if you buy one)
Just to clarify, I wasn't complaining about hiding the transponder fee. My point was the extra fee is part of the entry fee and making it separate from sign up is hiding it as part of the cost of racing. However I did not consider that some might own their own transponders. I stand corrected. I also think the $15.00 rental is a bargain, as others have stated in this thread.

OK, CTMX take the next step to put you yet at the top of the list for Ohio MX. I would love the ability to log onto my computer on Saturday night, register for the classes I want to race, and put in my credit card information. You close it at 12 midnight, print off the registered riders in the morning, and completely keeps me from going to sign up!! Have electronic signatures online.....and you sign a waiver coming in the gate. I am sure the 2nd and 3rd waivers we sign mean nothing more than the one at the gate.

It sure says a mother load about a track and its management who holds 3 (?) events a year and yet is the track making HUGE strides to make MX great!

- Constant track expansion and refinement
- Free pro class
- Free classes on rotation
- Transponders
- Fantastic marketing strategy

These improvements are helping not only their track to grow but the sport itself in our area! What a fantastic business model for all tracks to follow. This crew should be the model for OMA as an organization. If the OMA adopted CTMX policies as sanctioning body policies for all tracks imagine how the sport would grow!

TROPHIES FOR THE BATTLE FOR OHIO AT CHILLITOWNMX!
11702768_976780232353405_1941836924536834075_n.jpg

Back