CTMX Announcement!!!

So let me get this correct......because I might break down and buy two. $76 is the transponder and subscription for a year? Then after a year, I don't need a transponder, just a subscription what is the rate? I rent them in Daytona for I think $20 or $40 for the weekend. I need it for that race every year, so the numbers might work for me to buy one. Someone help me out here.

Any chance that this is going to be used for Malvern and BC, because that would make the decision simple if all three were going to use them.

When you rent them... you generally pay $30 per rental. The deal Escore is doing for the Chillitown event is pretty amazing. Again, for those that do several events a year that require transponders (Daytona sx, regionals, winter o's) it's getting to the point where you should just go ahead and purchase one.

You pay for a subscription fee each year (depending on whether you pay per year) plus the one-time initial purchase of the transponder. Remember you get 20% off the prices below if you're a AMA member.

http://www.mylaps.com/en/products/mx-transponders-rechargeable/77

John suckered in haha I get what your saying. We just haven't had a valid argument to buy them. We are planning on going to chillitown regardless of the rental cost. $15 is a pretty reasonable price. Even for all three battles it would be $45 each on rental.

I enjoy vintage days also. Went 7 or 8 straight years but if you are looking at it from a $ standpoint then Chili is the way to go. No matter what the charge for the transponder is it would be WAY less then the thousands I would spend on another garage beauty that would follow me home from Mid-Ohio.
In stashin cash right now!!!!!

So let me get this correct......because I might break down and buy two. $76 is the transponder and subscription for a year? Then after a year, I don't need a transponder, just a subscription what is the rate? I rent them in Daytona for I think $20 or $40 for the weekend. I need it for that race every year, so the numbers might work for me to buy one. Someone help me out here.

Any chance that this is going to be used for Malvern and BC, because that would make the decision simple if all three were going to use them.

more and more tracks will follow. even with 2 or three races a year they pay for themselves. Turning in a transponder at the end of a race day is a long painful process.
More of the qualifiers are going to transponders.

This would be a perfect event for the first ever PitRacer VIP Party. I am seeing a large tent with various liquid refreshment, FOOD, Big TV playing videos of me on a continuous loop. Scantly clad buxom young lasses serving the drink of your choice (Then doubling as umbrella girls for "addict" and up members) you could even make it legit with displays of board and chilitown sponsors. Oh yeah, this could be big. Someone get to work on that.

All we need is a pravilion to borrow and we have a Pitracer ALL star jam! I can bring a PA and speakers.
I always have my guitar

This will be a huge compliment to the operations at CTMX and I think everyone will be happy with the change. Sure its an extra expense but after the Spring Race there were a lot of complaints about scoring. So this is the "working solution" to those complaints.

If the promoter chooses to use transponders, then that expense should be included in the sign up fee. We are not charged a separate fee for paper and pencils to get scored now. If transponders are mandatory then the fee should be included.

If the promoter chooses to use transponders, then that expense should be included in the sign up fee. We are not charged a separate fee for paper and pencils to get scored now. If transponders are mandatory then the fee should be included.

OK............Sign up for Chiltown is $40 for the first class.

Everyone is asking promoters to step it up. Transponders make a better event.
More accurate scoring, timing, instant results, free ap on your phone so you know who is on the track and when your race is. Proof in black and white you beat your buddy.

Look at it as an investment in our sport. When the latest and greatest flat tv comes out it cost $3500. A year later they are giving them away when you buy a snickers. The more these things are used the initial investment continues to go down. Soon they will come stock from the factory. Then the tracks can save money by hiring less staff and hopefully passing that savings on to the riders. Not to mention how incredibly generous Chilitown is with the "chili cash" you may win enough to pay for the rental. I am super pumped on the idea

Back