The Dunge lost 4 fans this past weekend

hershey

PR Elite
So we hit up Red bud for the 4th of July spectacular, the coveted Pro National! We had a fantastic time! Arrived weds night, practiced thursday 5 sessions, raced one class friday, Austin raced friday night and Austin and Ayla raced sat night! We had VIP tickets in the North tent which is worth every penny. We cruised the pits all day and talked to many riders. As you can see we dressed the part. Unfortunately I dont have a good shot with my daughter also.

Red bud 2.jpg

Friday night Austin pulled a holeshot and gave a clinic to the wobbler class! He was sooooo excited! Got a $50 lucas oil certificate, a Sunstar sprockets hat, a bunch of stickers and even free pizza from one of the vendors. Spoils go to the winner!

Red bud 3.jpg

So being the good Dad I tell him we will get some of the pros to sign his first place trophy. He really wanted Ryan Dungey's because he rides a KTM and Austin just got one too, plus he wins a lot he said. OK....Dad is on a mission! So saturday the boy and I are off to the pits about 9am, we start staking out which trailers to hit up..... After the first praactice session we catch up with Cooper Webb under his tent talking with his mechanic about the bike. I walk over and ask him to sign Austins trophy from the night before. He gladly does so and congratulates him on his win. Webb was still in his gear minus his jersey and was a great guy to take the time to talk with us. Next we hit up Cristophe Pourcel. Now people like to say he is a bit too good for fans sometimes, not in our case. We got the same greeting from him also! Good guy and polite to us. He was very particular about the handle bars and how tight he wanted his steering stem though.

Brock tickle was the first rider we got to after the first 450 practice. He came right over and signed also. Next was Blake Baggett, we couldnt find Roczen so we went to the JGR tent. Barcia was on board with signing for us. We cruised by the KTM rig and hung out a bit but no Dungey. Off the the RCH rig again, no Roczen so we walked around the corner to his RV. There were a few women sitting out there in chairs talking, I asked them if Ken was in the RV, if so would he sign my sons trophy. One lady jumped right up and said he was busy getting ready for the next practice and probably in his underwear but she would get him to sign it. Sure enough he did! By this point Austin is jumping for joy .... but he wants Dungey's. We go watch some more practice and when done off to the KTM rig again. A while after the practice we see Dungey aitting on his RV steps. We walk over and I give Austin his trophy to ask the Dunge for his signature. When he sees us coming he immediately says NO!..... I stop about 15-20 ft away so Im not intruding and explain to him Austin was 5 and just won the wobbler class the night before ... he really wanted to get your autograph. Without even a moments hesitation he tells us NO....you need to leave now ...no....I dont have time, please leave. Later I will.... leave now. Ok.... he is tired and wants to rest, eat , whatever. If you know how 5 year olds work you know Austin couldnt understand why he didnt sign it. I explain about how tired he must be and he said we could get it later. We watched all the exciting racing that day, as most of you know it was great all day!

After the motos we head back over to the pits. We see Zach Osbourn and he talked to us a minute while signing his trophy. We stop by Dungeys trailer but he isnt around, Marvin wasnt either. We ran into Aldon Baker and talked with him. Nice guy and he acted surprised when we asked for his autograph. Back to KTM, no Dungey. We see DeCoster, when he was finished talking with the mechanics I asked him over. Super great guy, very friendly and talkative. He gladly signed for Austin and expressed how it was cool he had won his race. I asked him if Dungey was around and would be out later to sign it also. He said to be patient and that he would be out and take care of us. He assured us the wait would pay off. So another 30-45 mins go by, no Dungey. Finally we walked around the corner to look at his RV... he came out from there and was walking across the road to the other KTM rig. I again asked him to sign, he turned and looked at us ( it was Ayla and I at this point as Austin was napping to get ready for his race). He had to have recognized me and my outfit/hat from before, surely he would sign. NO he said, I dont have time. Sorry.... NO.... and quickly walked away from us.

The first time I asked him there were no other people any where around us, the second time there was one other person there who also wanted an autograph. It wasnt like he was mobbed and the second time was an hour after his last moto... he was showered and clean. We got a great plaque with really fantastic autographs from the race, it just stinks that Dungey couldnt take the time to sign a trophy for a 5 year old boy. Terrible role model as Austin still doesnt understand why Ryan wouldnt sign it. Especially since Ryan is portrayed as the clean cut all american boy who takes the time for everybody, in reality he was the ONLY rider we asked that wouldnt take the time.

rb4.jpg

Thanks for nothing Dungey, you are a great rider but a terrible role model and spokes person for your sponsors. You lost 4 fans in my family this past weekend. Fortunately we still had one of the best race experiences to date!

So we hit up Red bud for the 4th of July spectacular, the coveted Pro National! We had a fantastic time! Arrived weds night, practiced thursday 5 sessions, raced one class friday, Austin raced friday night and Austin and Ayla raced sat night! We had VIP tickets in the North tent which is worth every penny. We cruised the pits all day and talked to many riders. As you can see we dressed the part. Unfortunately I dont have a good shot with my daughter also.

View attachment 49105

Friday night Austin pulled a holeshot and gave a clinic to the wobbler class! He was sooooo excited! Got a $50 lucas oil certificate, a Sunstar sprockets hat, a bunch of stickers and even free pizza from one of the vendors. Spoils go to the winner!

View attachment 49106

So being the good Dad I tell him we will get some of the pros to sign his first place trophy. He really wanted Ryan Dungey's because he rides a KTM and Austin just got one too, plus he wins a lot he said. OK....Dad is on a mission! So saturday the boy and I are off to the pits about 9am, we start staking out which trailers to hit up..... After the first praactice session we catch up with Cooper Webb under his tent talking with his mechanic about the bike. I walk over and ask him to sign Austins trophy from the night before. He gladly does so and congratulates him on his win. Webb was still in his gear minus his jersey and was a great guy to take the time to talk with us. Next we hit up Cristophe Pourcel. Now people like to say he is a bit too good for fans sometimes, not in our case. We got the same greeting from him also! Good guy and polite to us. He was very particular about the handle bars and how tight he wanted his steering stem though.

Brock tickle was the first rider we got to after the first 450 practice. He came right over and signed also. Next was Blake Baggett, we couldnt find Roczen so we went to the JGR tent. Barcia was on board with signing for us. We cruised by the KTM rig and hung out a bit but no Dungey. Off the the RCH rig again, no Roczen so we walked around the corner to his RV. There were a few women sitting out there in chairs talking, I asked them if Ken was in the RV, if so would he sign my sons trophy. One lady jumped right up and said he was busy getting ready for the next practice and probably in his underwear but she would get him to sign it. Sure enough he did! By this point Austin is jumping for joy .... but he wants Dungey's. We go watch some more practice and when done off to the KTM rig again. A while after the practice we see Dungey aitting on his RV steps. We walk over and I give Austin his trophy to ask the Dunge for his signature. When he sees us coming he immediately says NO!..... I stop about 15-20 ft away so Im not intruding and explain to him Austin was 5 and just won the wobbler class the night before ... he really wanted to get your autograph. Without even a moments hesitation he tells us NO....you need to leave now ...no....I dont have time, please leave. Later I will.... leave now. Ok.... he is tired and wants to rest, eat , whatever. If you know how 5 year olds work you know Austin couldnt understand why he didnt sign it. I explain about how tired he must be and he said we could get it later. We watched all the exciting racing that day, as most of you know it was great all day!

After the motos we head back over to the pits. We see Zach Osbourn and he talked to us a minute while signing his trophy. We stop by Dungeys trailer but he isnt around, Marvin wasnt either. We ran into Aldon Baker and talked with him. Nice guy and he acted surprised when we asked for his autograph. Back to KTM, no Dungey. We see DeCoster, when he was finished talking with the mechanics I asked him over. Super great guy, very friendly and talkative. He gladly signed for Austin and expressed how it was cool he had won his race. I asked him if Dungey was around and would be out later to sign it also. He said to be patient and that he would be out and take care of us. He assured us the wait would pay off. So another 30-45 mins go by, no Dungey. Finally we walked around the corner to look at his RV... he came out from there and was walking across the road to the other KTM rig. I again asked him to sign, he turned and looked at us ( it was Ayla and I at this point as Austin was napping to get ready for his race). He had to have recognized me and my outfit/hat from before, surely he would sign. NO he said, I dont have time. Sorry.... NO.... and quickly walked away from us.

The first time I asked him there were no other people any where around us, the second time there was one other person there who also wanted an autograph. It wasnt like he was mobbed and the second time was an hour after his last moto... he was showered and clean. We got a great plaque with really fantastic autographs from the race, it just stinks that Dungey couldnt take the time to sign a trophy for a 5 year old boy. Terrible role model as Austin still doesnt understand why Ryan wouldnt sign it. Especially since Ryan is portrayed as the clean cut all american boy who takes the time for everybody, in reality he was the ONLY rider we asked that wouldnt take the time.

View attachment 49107

Thanks for nothing Dungey, you are a great rider but a terrible role model and spokes person for your sponsors. You lost 4 fans in my family this past weekend. Fortunately we still had one of the best race experiences to date!
Maybe he just had a bad day. Haven't we all?? Who knows, but I would've been pissed and disappointed also.

Great job by your kids racing and having fun at red bud...On a side note why were you wearing ur club night clothes during the day lol

First, congratulations to your son, I still remember my first win after more years than I care to think about.
Second, sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Ryan, I know when he was with Suzuki he would sign anything and pose
for photos with any clown that asked him.
motoclown dungey resized.jpg

First, congratulations to your son, I still remember my first win after more years than I care to think about.
Second, sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Ryan, I know when he was with Suzuki he would sign anything and pose
for photos with any clown that asked him.
View attachment 49108
Polka dots for Ryan over stars and stripes he's been with aldon too long

We had a blast, a great weekend for sure. I have no doubt the Dunge is an OK guy but turning down a 5 year old with a trophy 2 times just sucks. But if you notice I didnt really bash him all that much, or as much as usual for me. Its a racer thing sometimes, 2nd overall for the day can be a bitch!

hershey, awesome little dude likes racin like good ole pops.mr goody 2 shoes dunghole shoulda sign his plaque, what a d??k.oh well id take pourcels over dungeys anyday.lol.

I love Dungey as a rider, but I call Bull s**t on him on this one. Come on, wouldn't everyone like to make a 5 year olds day? And honestly, its 20 or 30 seconds of his time at the RV when they were the only ones. I would send this story to him personally. Maybe he will rethink it and send Austin something cool

We'll the dunge signed my plate at Indy while running to get ready for the main event.
So cut him a little slack. Who know his reasoning. For sure I have seen you after a moto not in the mood for giving autographs! Ha ha

I can understand the Dunge not signing an autograph after practice. These guys are busy on race day and trying to focus on their job. But after the motos he should have taken a minute to sign it. Maybe he knew you were DHDS01?

I can understand the Dunge not signing an autograph after practice. These guys are busy on race day and trying to focus on their job. But after the motos he should have taken a minute to sign it. Maybe he knew you were DHDS01?
I know what you are saying. I'm not even signing the title for the bike he stole from me.

Dungey can be a d-bag. Did you hear his interview with Albertson after practice? Albertson asked him to give a REEEEDDDDDD BUUUUUUUDDDDD, and Dungey laughed and said no. Of course Albertson didn't let him off that easy and had to beg him to do it. How can you be at Red Bud and not want to yell REEEEEDDDDDDDD BUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDD?!

Get at him in social media. Ask him to ship you back the plaque signed after you send it to him.

I bet he will do it.

Years ago, Erik won the Friday race at Red Bud. Took his plaque around the pits. Big James, Malcolm, Emig, Brayton, Dungey etc etc all signed it. Roczen was the only one to stop and take time to ask Erik about his race, bike, and other stuff. Totally went above and beyond. JS7 told us that give him time to shower, change, and he's come back. He did. Blake Bagget was the only one to give a bad attitude, and not sign it. I guess it all depends on how they are feeling that day, but it means the world to young kids who look up to them. No biggie, the rest were cool enough, so that's what matters.

Back