The Dunge lost 4 fans this past weekend

I'm sorry, the way I look at things is that these guys are so popular because of people like us!! They may win all the time, but to be popular you have to have fans. Dungey's instagram and twitter are both @ryandungey. I would take a picture of the plaque and say "thank you to all the riders who signed, all but Dungey who acted to good to take some time..." In my eye these guys need to be appreciative to their fans. I remember being at Kenworthy's and Travis Pastrana pulling a lawn chair to the fence to sit and sign autographs for fans after the racing that day. THAT is a person who respects his fans. Roczen does look and act to be the guy as well who would be honored to talk to his fans. That's sad that Dungey is getting to become such a D-bag as time moves forward....

I am curious.....do other sports allow time for autograph signing sessions? I am not at all familiar with Nascar, but I've been to many professional football, basketball, and baseball games and don't remember any. I'm not saying what Dungey did was ok and as I said earlier I would have been pissed, too. My brother met Cam Newton at a gas station in S.C. and he refused to give a young boy an autograph and I couldn't understand that either.

I'm sorry, the way I look at things is that these guys are so popular because of people like us!! They may win all the time, but to be popular you have to have fans. Dungey's instagram and twitter are both @ryandungey. I would take a picture of the plaque and say "thank you to all the riders who signed, all but Dungey who acted to good to take some time..." In my eye these guys need to be appreciative to their fans. I remember being at Kenworthy's and Travis Pastrana pulling a lawn chair to the fence to sit and sign autographs for fans after the racing that day. THAT is a person who respects his fans. Roczen does look and act to be the guy as well who would be honored to talk to his fans. That's sad that Dungey is getting to become such a D-bag as time moves forward....

You need $180,000 to get Cam to sign.

I totally agree if no one was around, even tired, sweaty or bad moto......he should have taken 5 seconds to sign. I mean, what better way to take a bad moto or day, and put a smile on your face then to make a cute little kid happy?

With that being said, to take this one instance, and now say Dungey is a douche bag, is totally crazy! This sport needs MORE guys like Ryan Dungey. The ones that are good for the sport, have the ability to maintain corporate sponsors like Target. He also does things to raise millions of dollars for charity, etc.

We have no idea what it is like for a guy like Dungey. I can imagine he could sign autographs literally ALL day long if he stood there. Some guys probably like to get in a zone and stay focused at the task at hand. So not being in his shoes, who knows.

But...once again, I would have looked at Austin or his little sister, and no way I say no to a cute little kid.

Theres a hell of a lot more true racers on vitalmx. Heres two comments from Vital.

" It's now very clear why Dungey blew you off, if you went after him for the autograph anywhere near the way you have gone after him after he said no...well sir we have a term for that....nutjob! Whats even more amazing is that you can't see or understand what you've done wrong."

"PLEASE ban this guy from Vital! I hope that Dungey drives to his house and punches him in the face.
Hershey has taken one of the greats of the sport and trashed him across the country. Really Hershey wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the cancer drives Dungey puts on and you throw him under the buss. Crybaby

Theres a hell of a lot more true racers on vitalmx. Heres two comments from Vital.

" It's now very clear why Dungey blew you off, if you went after him for the autograph anywhere near the way you have gone after him after he said no...well sir we have a term for that....nutjob! Whats even more amazing is that you can't see or understand what you've done wrong."

"PLEASE ban this guy from Vital! I hope that Dungey drives to his house and punches him in the face.
Hershey has taken one of the greats of the sport and trashed him across the country. Really Hershey wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol....That place is FUN!!

I love all the people getting worked up!

Whats funny is I stood 30' from the guys motor home ( there was no baracade) Im not a stalker chasing the guy down. He told me to come back later. We did. Talked to DeCoster after the last moto, got his autograph ( the best one on the trophy!). I asked him if Dungey would be around to sign, he said to wait for him to shower and clean up but he would sign it for sure. We waited an hour and I had enough, we turned to walk away from the KTM trailer and as we left Dungey came from his RV at the same time. We walked 5' away from each other going towards the other KTM trailer. That is where I asked him the second time. 1 other guy around and he told him good job on the day, I asked for the autograph and got shot down. I didnt ask again, I didnt bug him at all. Its funny how people want to make me out to be some crays clown headed jester stalker! I simply wanted an autograph on my son's plaque from the Pro that he looks up to most.

It is their JOB to do these things. I understand and explained to my son that people have bad days and are busy. At this point I couldnt care any less about the signature. But its a sad time when a supposed ambassador for our sport cant take 5 seconds to sign it. I know he raises millions for charity but what this proves to me is he doesnt really care about his fans and those charities, he does it because he is paid to and directed to by KTM. No different than DeCoster expecting he would sign it for us after he cleaned up.

Oh and btw, Thank you for joining our site! Its always nice to see new blood. Glad to see my post got you to join.

Enjoy the site, make sure to check out the race and practice sections. And the calendar is a great tool for checking out all the racing schedules in Ohio, PA, NY, MI and other areas. The track guide section has tracks listed by states for almost all 48 lower.

Dungey cant sign everything thrown in front of him. Well he did for me but I am cool and without a jester hat.

You may have just rubbed him the wrong way. I go off like a bomb if I am in a mood.

Oh and Hershey, ABC, Always Be Closing, way to drive up the membership! We need more members to bash on you!

I am a ohio vet rider.30 plus yrs racing. I live right here. I don't care for much of this site and many other people feel the same way. This stuff about Dungey is the reason people don't care for this site. If its not Dungey this week, you select few ADDICTs of pitracer (pitbitches) are bashing a track or organization next. Its always something with you guys. Raising your kids to follow in your foot steps you should be so proud. Typical mini parents that think they got the next RC

Mr. Power, what would you like to see on this site?
And remember, without mini parents there are no mini riders. Without mini riders you don't have a sport and your posting on a tennis forum.

I am a ohio vet rider.30 plus yrs racing. I live right here. I don't care for much of this site and many other people feel the same way. This stuff about Dungey is the reason people don't care for this site. If its not Dungey this week, you select few ADDICTs of pitracer (pitbitches) are bashing a track or organization next. Its always something with you guys. Raising your kids to follow in your foot steps you should be so proud. Typical mini parents that think they got the next RC

Yeah, there is a lot of bitching going on. It gets annoying. But,Some of it even makes motocross better in Ohio.
This is a great site for Ohio motocross and surrounding states, I do not know of a better source of information about racing and practice.

Many of the "Pitbitches/pee wee dads" I guess I am one.. have also race for 30 years and now have kids, and it is time to pass on the racing to them.
but things are different now than when we started on our 1972 whatever in a corn field.

So with change comes ideas and new things, some times new things are good and some times not.

So dont judge the whole site on a couple peoples rants. ( If Dungey wants Hersheys address to punch him I can supply it)

So then you and I are about the same age, who are you? If you have raced and live right here Im sure we have ran into one another. David Smith number 01 since 1991.

Im sorry if you dont like some content on here, well I take that back. You see that is the problem with America. If you dont agree you hate. You feel entitled to being right and everyone agreeing with you. My Dunegy post on here is more just to stir the pot and get people talking because things are slow. I like to get people talking about controversial topics. You see it brings out ideas from many views and its just plain fun sometimes. On FB it was to let him know he let my boy down and Vital is just too fun to pass up a post like this. However you and all the others who want to call me names and wish me harm hate because I dont have the same beliefs you do. People are allowed to have dissimilar ideas and still be friends or stay in love in a marriage.

It is interesting that people want to construe my post into a hater post. I didnt bash him at all. I didnt call him names or say he is a bad rider. I didnt wish him any bad luck or say I hope he loses the series. I said he lost 4 fans. He is a fantastic rider making great achievements and history. Great for him and our sport. The haters are the ones calling me names and wishing harm to me for my opinion and wanting to do the best I could for my son to make his wish come true on a trophy he won because I love him. I didnt stalk or invade his space. He said no and I actually said thank you.

My son learned that those you look up to arent all they are made out to be, he also learned that if you dont follow through on what you tell people that you hurt their feelings. We talked about it and he understood the best a 5 year old can. I have no belief that he will be the next RC or Dungey ... ect. He is just a typical boy who got let down by an athlete he admires. I dare anyone to not want that for a child of theirs. And if to you that is a bad role model then we dont agree but that doesnt mean I hate you.

Again, thank you for joining the site and sharing your opinion.

Yeah, there is a lot of bitching going on. It gets annoying. But,Some of it even makes motocross better in Ohio.
This is a great site for Ohio motocross and surrounding states, I do not know of a better source of information about racing and practice.

Many of the "Pitbitches/pee wee dads" I guess I am one.. have also race for 30 years and now have kids, and it is time to pass on the racing to them.
but things are different now than when we started on our 1972 whatever in a corn field.

So with change comes ideas and new things, some times new things are good and some times not.

So dont judge the whole site on a couple peoples rants. ( If Dungey wants Hersheys address to punch him I can supply it)

You're a closet Hershey lover!!!

I don't care for much of this site and many other people feel the same way

Thanks for the honest opinions and welcome to the site ktmpower. I'd be interested to learn what it is you don't like about this site so we can make improvements. You were rather polite about it, but haters are always coming on here hatin the site because of one post or one member. Do you know how many retards are on Twitter or Facebook? Just about all of them. Yet they're still a useful tools to promote your business or keep up with relatives and friends. If we can make this tool more useful we'd love to know how and we'd love the help to do it.

Back