Chillitown hits a homerun!

hershey

PR Elite
Made it down Fri night, drove in the sunny and 80 deg rain the forecasters called for the entire way. Set up in the rain and finished just as the rain quit. Lol

I feel sorry for those of you who bagged it because of the rain!!! John259 !!!

Practice started a little muddy but turned out beautiful, no outstanding!
Transponders, lots of practice, 50cc fun race, pit bike race, strider bike races, quads racing saturday and perfect motos all day sunday!!!! They even cut down on the pit bike problems by sunday.

I cant say enough great things about the weekend.

Hause#0 and I had the Battle of death in the second +40 moto, I still have welts on my arms!

Thank you Chillitown and OMA for a fantastic event!

Last edited:
Too tired to type.....Great event. The free pizza was perfect. I was soo busy I never had time to eat, then the smell of free pizza saved my life.

How many entries?

The best amateur motocross event I have ever been too. EVER. and I am old.
We have talked on this forum sever times about creating a video for flaggers to watch and learn how to do it right. Well we should make a video of everything Chillitown to train ALL other promoters / track owners how to do THIS right.
Just the best.
30 minuet intermission:
2 dozers
2 skid steer
2 chisel plows
2 water trucks
1 disc
all on the track at one time. Never seen that before. That there is some track maintenance.

It was a great event as usual. Transponders were cool. I would like to see them used more often. Setting up in the rain Friday night sucked along with my ez up breaking but oh well. Trip to Walmart solved all that. Got to meet and hang out with a few people on here. Great weekend.

For all you parents that let your kids run wild on pit bikes and golf carts:
Next year I'm bringing spike strips to keep your brats from driving through the middle of my camp. If you won't control your kids maybe some punctured tires will.

I guess given the way things are done in the OMA, why wouldnt just run OMA events Knox? Why even race the southwest? I know its close, but is it worth it, when you could spend a little more windsheild time and get a better product??

Great job Chilli crew, OMA staffers, flaggers and all! We really liked the quad/bike day split. We were able to relax and watch our quad friends rip it up, do some pitbike racing and enjoy the night. Waking up to the green radar monster on Sunday was scary. The Chilli team worked their tails off to make the track perfect. The boy enjoyed the rough/rutted track! Great time, thanks to all. Oh yeah, the pit riding thing. Idiots, idiot parents and idiot disrespectful little brats. Chilli, you got to get a hold of this in a firm way. Someone will get hurt real soon. Even the parade was bad, no helmets ta boot!

Great facility it was my first time there, and I wasn't even riding and had a blast! Also agree on the pitbike issue, was leaving Saturday night to go to the hotel and almost plowed one kid just going from field to field across the streets.. no helmet.. no shirt. But again thank you for providing such a cool place for us to all get together!

I guess given the way things are done in the OMA, why wouldnt just run OMA events Knox? Why even race the southwest? I know its close, but is it worth it, when you could spend a little more windsheild time and get a better product??
You hit it on the head. ITS AN OMA THING. As soon as I can convince my son that his bike is capable of going faster then walking speed during races, we will only race OMA (And Dirt country)

It was a great event as usual. Transponders were cool. I would like to see them used more often. Setting up in the rain Friday night sucked along with my ez up breaking but oh well. Trip to Walmart solved all that. Got to meet and hang out with a few people on here. Great weekend.

For all you parents that let your kids run wild on pit bikes and golf carts:
Next year I'm bringing spike strips to keep your brats from driving through the middle of my camp. If you won't control your kids maybe some punctured tires will.
We pulled several pit vehicle passes but we werent able to get everyone. We will continue to get more strict on this rule. Bottom line is we need everyone to help police it and especially the parents! It amazes me the amount of parents that let their kids do what ever they want...it has to start there.

I saw CTMX patrols stopping many brats. But there are just too many of them.
If you get tough and start to DQ riders then there is a lot of drama. but it was not too bad. I only saw a couple by me, we were out closer to the entrance gate to the fairgrounds.

Tough to enforce.

Great job Chilli crew, OMA staffers, flaggers and all! We really liked the quad/bike day split. We were able to relax and watch our quad friends rip it up, do some pitbike racing and enjoy the night. Waking up to the green radar monster on Sunday was scary. The Chilli team worked their tails off to make the track perfect. The boy enjoyed the rough/rutted track! Great time, thanks to all. Oh yeah, the pit riding thing. Idiots, idiot parents and idiot disrespectful little brats. Chilli, you got to get a hold of this in a firm way. Someone will get hurt real soon. Even the parade was bad, no helmets ta boot!
That was probably our last pit parade. Too many kids not following rules and obviously the moms and dads don't care. its actually a shame because it seemed like a lot of people like the pit parade too.

Only one way to stop the pit riding. Stop selling pit bike passes.
ZERO motorized vehicles. Walk or bring a bicycle. PERIOD.

There was one little guy on a PW that made at least 80 laps around the pits. NON STOP. Now if there are parents that can not control a 4 year old that tells you one thing. Parents don't care.

You hit it on the head. ITS AN OMA THING. As soon as I can convince my son that his bike is capable of going faster then walking speed during races, we will only race OMA (And Dirt country)

Without the AMA sanctioning will contingency money still be offered to these events?

I saw CTMX patrols stopping many brats. But there are just too many of them.
If you get tough and start to DQ riders then there is a lot of drama. but it was not too bad. I only saw a couple by me, we were out closer to the entrance gate to the fairgrounds.

Tough to enforce.
It really is tough to enforce which is why we are asking for people to report violators. It is easier for us to stop them when we know who is causing the biggest problems. These kids are smart. they know who to hide from and they make it a game to see if they can run from them. Maybe for October we install cameras to catch violators...;)

Lets see if I can beat Knox to the database, lol:

Saturday Practice - 211 entries
Saturday ATV - 75 entries
Saturday Night Pit Bike & Fun Race - 43 entries
Sunday Bike - 604 entries

Pretty good numbers!

Only one way to stop the pit riding. Stop selling pit bike passes.
ZERO motorized vehicles. Walk or bring a bicycle. PERIOD.

There was one little guy on a PW that made at least 80 laps around the pits. NON STOP. Now if there are parents that can not control a 4 year old that tells you one thing. Parents don't care.
All of our staff wears bright yellow shirts. When you see kids doing this stop one of us and let us know. We will gladly go to their pit and make sure its parked.

What a great time! Track was great all weekend, even after the rain! The kids didn't bother me much cuz I parked on the outskirts. My only complaint is when we got up Sunday morning, an entire cooler of beer was stolen from beside my camper! A bummer but no big deal! Sure coulda used one after that battle with Hershey! Great ride Bro! Just like back in the 90s! Thanks to all! Love racing all you guys!

Back