Chillitown hits a homerun!

Lol, I forgot my son got pulled over Saturday night cruising up to the pitbike race! They asked him where was he going. He had full gear head to toe. Maybe give a few radios to some of us folks at different locations of camp and we could call in the violators. Yes, it is sad you have to staff extras just for pit riding. But, either nix it all together or police it. I was real close to yanking a certain little PW that did a thousand laps thru my pit, next time I will hurl the little bike as far as I can and laugh as little johny cries back to lazy ass mommy and drunk daddy.

Knox hit it on the head. Zero pit riding. Sorry folks but you will have to interact with your kids instead of sending them out on a motorized vehicle to annoy everyone but you.

Regardless, it really was a great weekend. Don't wanna harp on the negative when 99.9% of the weekend was positive.

Only one way to stop the pit riding. Stop selling pit bike passes.
ZERO motorized vehicles. Walk or bring a bicycle. PERIOD.

There was one little guy on a PW that made at least 80 laps around the pits. NON STOP. Now if there are parents that can not control a 4 year old that tells you one thing. Parents don't care.
Right.. I agree.. Mitchy came with a scooter to push around.. That will solve the problem.. Mitchy made it around fine this weekend without a motorized pit bike or side by side.

The entire staff did a great job, but at the end of the day I make a point of going up to each of the guys at the starting gate and thanking them. Staging was flawless and having that many bikes and keeping them going for two straight days was unbelievable.
Strider track was cool. Cannon was mega cool. Meeting fellow Pitracer d-bags was fun. And being a parent of a current Army soldier I love all the equipment and brave men and women they had on hand.

And yes, I am a dumbarse. I got 10 miles down route 35 before I realized I forgot to turn in my transponder. So thank you to the police for not giving me a ticket for doing a U-turn and heading back to the track.

What a great time! Track was great all weekend, even after the rain! The kids didn't bother me much cuz I parked on the outskirts. My only complaint is when we got up Sunday morning, an entire cooler of beer was stolen from beside my camper! A bummer but no big deal! Sure coulda used one after that battle with Hershey! Great ride Bro! Just like back in the 90s! Thanks to all! Love racing all you guys!

That always happens at big events. You gotta lock up the beer, because kids....are kids. And 16-20 year olds are going to take beer where it's easy to do so. (In your pit under the EZUP)

Knox did the TEXT message sent to you VIA escore remind you to turn in the damn Transponder??? LOL.

The pit bike thing was far better sunday than saturday, I think the word got out. It was still too much. Only 2 ways to fix it.

#1 Each pit vehicle pass has a number associated to a rider. Violate the rules and DQ the rider. NO exceptions. Unfortunately it will take a few DQ's before people understand you are serious.

#2 NO pit vehicles. Personally Im for #2. You dont need your Razor to drive to the track from your pit 100 yards away.

So many great people to see... no time to leave the tent...lol I saw Georgie for about 3 seconds and a few others but that was it!

Ok where do I start: This event felt like mini o's in two days.

Friday:

Woke up early at 4AM, pulled out around 5--to the groans of my brother and fiance--nobody likes getting up that early. Hustle and bustled through good weather. Stopped at Walmart picked up some goodies, rolled into the track at 09:51AM. Found myself a nice spot under a big tree behind DHDS01 and Double D.

Unloaded two small truck loads of stuff out of the back of my van. Got dressed, went to pre-registration took me about 3 minutes tops to get my practice stickers. Walked over to the Escore truck, took me another whole 6 minutes to get my transponder. Less than ten minutes it took me to get track ready. THAT IS UNHEARD OF--DO YOU KNOW HOW HAPPY THAT MADE ME BEFORE I EVEN SWUNG A LEG OVER A BIKE?? That 5 hour drive didn't seem so long since I didn't have to stand at sign up for 2 hours or more.

Get back to the truck, quickly get dressed. Rode out to my first practice of the day. (I got 3, but I missed the first round) Track was prepped well, and very nice. I was eyeing up the triple for two practice sessions before I just decided screw it and give my small bore pinger 4th gear and all she had to huck that thing. (How far is that thing by the way)

Meanwhile back at camp my fiance is setting into her "I hate the track grumpy attitude" and my brother is nowhere to be found--he was riding the pitbike. And got busted for being a jack@$$. Of course he tells me he got in trouble--and immediately it wasn't his fault, it was all the other kids too. So, I looked at him and said, no it's your fault. Park it. Fast forward to sunday (the CTMX pitbike enforcers show up to the pit) and remind broc they told him to park it yesterday. Which they did, he was riding up to the gate only on it--which is what I told him he could do. I talked with the pitbike enforcers and thanked them for policing a hard issue. My brother apologized to them, and thanked them for keeping him safe. (I made him say that all that, but it wasn't about the statement, I just wanted him to understand that there are rules and when you're busted you own up to it.)

My one gripe was that practice was to be until 3pm. Over the loudspeaker I heard at 215, I don't think we are going to go another round of practice. Now I was upset, but not upset enough to complain. So I got undressed. Then 10 minutes later over the loudspeaker: "We're gonna have 1 more quick round" So, i'm standing there half naked, ticked off. Hurried myself back to getting dressed and got up to the pits to barely make it back on the track for the last practice session.

Saturday night activities:

The moto limbo was awesome. My fiance liked all the extraneous activities that this event put on. It started to feel more family like and camping like. Which she likes. She has always thought motocross was just a bunch of monster energy girls walking around with their boobs hanging out. She saw first hand that it was nothing but a family atmosphere the entire weekend and she had fun. She even told me "we're gonna need to buy a motorhome." I laughed and said "what after one great event you're hooked and want to buy a freakin' motorhome?" She loved watching the 50s and 65s but told me she would need to be on ativan or something if we have a son or daughter that wants to do that. LOL. (so I suppose ativan is what it will be on race days with my kids in the future for her!)

I took 2 really cool vidoes in slow mo on my iPhone of the limbo contest that I sent over to the guy with vurbmoto. So we will see what he does with those.

Also had a band, and some really good food vendors. Trackside support was plentiful. A few trucks selling the necessities and everything you can think of moto. That is SOOO nice when you have a problem.

Sunday:

Woke up to rain, skipped practice. Moto 1 rolls around, tracks already awesome. The dirt is great. After the first set they quickly got to work during intermission. Second set of motos were HEAVENLY. The dirt was PERFECTION. Everything clipped off with ease. I was packed up at 6pm and rolling out (transponder returned, award picked up...AWESOME trophy by the way.) Ended up 2nd overall in the 125 class---so I guess that means I HAVE TO RUN THE NEXT TWO EVENTS.

oh the amenities....the amenities. The place was big enough for us to go off with the two pups and play fetch with them in the evening. They had an unlimited supply of water. And power. Their own dump station. The shower house was CLEAN and had HOT water!!!

What I was most happy about: I was parked away from the track down the main road. Van had the door and windows open all weekend. NOT A SPEC OF DUST on anything! NOTHING! Green grass everywhere for the dogs to lay on and not get filthy.

Not only was the RACING competitive, the facility was flat out awesome. My fiance was happy all weekend, so I was happy. Had great battles with people in every class I was in. That is what RACING is all about! GREAT JOB CHILITOWN. I can see why you were voted #1 in Ohio!

Last edited:
Great weekend of racing. Many exciting races to watch, from the Pro's all the way down to the small bikes. I got to meet some of the Pitracer guys but still missed Knox, I'm not sure he is even a real person...lol maybe next time. Brought the wife and she had a great time, we really enjoyed the band. Track was great once the one jump was corrected and the crew did a great job with the prep. Can't say enough about the electric and water hookups and gotta love the grass and paved roads. I did think the pit riding was out of control, especially the kids with no helmets on and flying across the roads as fast as they could with no consideration if someone was driving, riding, biking or just walking down the road, it could have ended real bad for someone. I still say that the answer is no "pit bikes" they really are not a necessity. We don't have one but that doesn't mean that my son wouldn't hop on someones and go act like an arse on it and I would have no idea that he is riding it. So, just don't allow them and problem fixed. My only real negative comment is for the A SSholes that brought there two great danes to the track and let their 10 year old son walk them around. They attacked my Golden Retriever and put a couple of nice deep tissue bite's on his back side. The kid didn't have a chance of containing those small horses and my wife also got a couple of scratches and bites from the dogs, trying to protect our dog. So, if you are so ignorant to bring dogs like that to the track maybe you should consider muzzling them. Also, an apology or checking up on our dog would have been a nice gesture. Other than that episode we had a great time and always look forward to attending Chillitown events.

John was good to meet you, sorry to hear about your dog! That's upsetting, people should really know how their dog acts around other dogs, if they're not socialized well, muzzle them. I would of been so upset if my dogs got blasted like that. I'm glad that kid wasn't around my two.

MX099 brought his new labradoodle puppy by and my two labradoodles bonded well with the little guy. He was a fuzzball of cuteness.

Right.. I agree.. Mitchy came with a scooter to push around.. That will solve the problem.. Mitchy made it around fine this weekend without a motorized pit bike or side by side.
What a great time that my son and I had. Definitely one that we will do next year. Well organized , friendly, and hard-working staff, couldn't ask for more. Thanks Chillitown!

The pit bikes are my only complaint. My son just turn 15 and I made him keep his pit bike at home. The rules said you needed to have a drivers license so the bike stayed home. Just couldn't believe how irresponsible some of the parents were for letting there kids ride their bikes up and down the main roads. My knee has been killing me for the last month and I have a MRI set up for today on my knee, I still thought it was better that I walk around and get exercise than to ride around on a motorized vehicle.

I get the pit vehicle The thing. But. At an event that big and far away. I dont think a golf cart is bad used as i did. Nick was 10th moto and 13th. He pulled off the track and right into staging where i had gas for him water tools and goggles.

I even got to meet dhds01 who wasn't a dh at all while waiting in line for transponders. The look on your face was quite comical when I said you gotta be Hershey.

Pre-Registration is awesome! I wish more tracks offered it for sure. So easy, and when you don't like getting up in the morning like me, it is perfect.

Chilitown always does an awesome job. As we have said before, their races are not a race, but an event. I think the weather kept a few home on Sunday that would have showed up for the day. So imagine how many more entries might have been there if Sunday AM had been nice weather.

Great job Jeremy. I am looking forward to Malvern and BC, just because I like the tracks a little bit more......But man, they have some big shoes to fill trying to keep up with chilitown

Back