Chillitown hits a homerun!

There are a lot of responsible people who ride pit bikes. We ride slow, give walkers the right away, and watch out for others. Don't ruin it for everybody, deal with the few problems like the kid who raced around all weekend on the pw50.

A pit bike can make it much more enjoyable, especially with the pits being so spread out because of the size of the turnouts at these races.

I raced in the 80's and 90's when pit bikes weren't allowed. It wasn't a good time walking a mile at Kenworthys from a parking spot at the edge of the pits clear up to the track and then back just to watch certain races you wanted to see. I'd rather not go back to that.

What a great time! Track was great all weekend, even after the rain! The kids didn't bother me much cuz I parked on the outskirts. My only complaint is when we got up Sunday morning, an entire cooler of beer was stolen from beside my camper! A bummer but no big deal! Sure coulda used one after that battle with Hershey! Great ride Bro! Just like back in the 90s! Thanks to all! Love racing all you guys!
Sorry! I was thirsty.

There are a lot of responsible people who ride pit bikes. We ride slow, give walkers the right away, and watch out for others. Don't ruin it for everybody, deal with the few problems like the kid who raced around all weekend on the pw50.

A pit bike can make it much more enjoyable, especially with the pits being so spread out because of the size of the turnouts at these races.

I raced in the 80's and 90's when pit bikes weren't allowed. It wasn't a good time walking a mile at Kenworthys from a parking spot at the edge of the pits clear up to the track and then back just to watch certain races you wanted to see. I'd rather not go back to that.

JB19, I don't want to talk out of both sides of my mouth (since I said get rid of them altogether) but if you were racing in the 80's, I am sure you are at least driving age, so you're not the demographic we are talking about. What, I think most of the people on here are tired of are the 5-15 year old's that are using them for entertainment, without any purpose. Its just something for them to do in their down time and not necessary. If their was a rule that said, "pit bikes, golf carts or razors can only be driven by licensed drivers" and enforced (dq'ed for that race), I guarantee it would cut down on the pit riding. Why isn't this done? I would guess that the parents that have these horse play vehicles, won't put their foot down and actually adhere to the rules, which is quite obvious by all the kids riding them around. I also, believe that the track owners are concerned about coming down that hard on the riders because of the way, the pissed off parents will act when they hurt little Johnny's feeling's and play time. Plus everyone has spent X'number of dollars (in some cases big bucks) on their toys and therefore are entitled to let little Johnny do what ever he pleases....Anyway back to the subject: if you are an adult and have a license then go ahead and ride you pit vehicle, thats fair but if it is one of these kids riding around just for shi t's and giggles, then its time for all these tracks to ban together and start enforcing the no pit riding rule. If they would all do this and you pee off little Johnnys parents and they say they will go over here because they allow pit riding, then that track says no, then I guess if they want to race they will have to come back and play by the rules. I know that will be hard for some but its time to help make these decisions for parents that won't play by the rules. Put signs up that say, "Pit vehicles are for licensed drivers only, if caught breaking the rules DQ'ed for one race, for each violation." However, they must all enforce this rule or they will lose the battle before it begins.

As part of the staff at CTMX I would just like to say "Thank You" to everyone who attended the Battle For Ohio! Thank you for the positive comments....we work hard for you guys, the riders, the fans....we want everyone to walk away happy every race weekend. So THANK YOU!

As for the pit riding, our staff members talked to/warned/ reported a lot more kids who were violating the rules this race than any other. We took a pass away from a father due to the actions of his kids, we made several other kids return to their camper (we followed them). But like john lilly and others have said...the problem will never go away until parents take the responsibility for their kids. The parents (some) dont respect the rule...and it trickles down.

Can we just stop it already with all this pit bike talk. If I have to hear at Malvern one more time "if you won't park it, we will park it for you" or "we have plenty of chains and locks" . Either enforce it or allow it.

Last race at Malvern a kid on a 50 came off the track after his race and was either real happy about winning or pissed about losing cause he had that thing WFO at about 30mph, too fast for me to catch his number.

We raced at Muddy Creek in Tenn this weekend and although it wasn't too bad, still plenty of pit riding by kids.

I used mine to take my fiancé to the shower house and back. And to go to the escore booth.

All you have to do is get a sticker to put on front number plate. When they screw up stamp it. After it's stamped and they screw up again its impounded until Sunday after their last moto.

I also want to give a shout out to the three guy in the Green Chevy truck collecting garbage all weekend! Not the nicest job in the world, but those three guys went at it all day, and kept the grounds clean, and trash emptied.
Those guys are a hoot to talk with.

We pulled several pit vehicle passes but we werent able to get everyone. We will continue to get more strict on this rule. Bottom line is we need everyone to help police it and especially the parents! It amazes me the amount of parents that let their kids do what ever they want...it has to start there.

Must be 16 or have a valid drivers license easy enough, yes I know 16+ can still cause a ruckus but there a little more responsible. At unidilla it was 18 + I didn't totally agree because then I was stuck being a taxi so we didn't get DQ. I think by putting an age limit on it would really cut down a lot of the pit riding. as an adult I enjoy using the pit bike to go watch races. And I really don't want these kids ruin it for us adults that do utilized them the proper way

All it takes is one kid without a helmet on to take a digger on pavement. Then we got a tradegy on our hands.

Pit riding is insane down at lorettas too. They just force the kids to wear helmets right?

Correct me if I'm wrong but they did say 16 and over only.
This is correct. It is 16+ with a valid drivers license and pit vehicle pass. Everyone that buys a pass is aware of this rule and we do make them fill out a form with their name and such. It is just total disregard for the rules. We are close to banning pit bikes and going to golf carts and side by side type vehicles only. We definitely don't want to do that but it seems everyone want to complain online but no one reports bike numbers or violators so we can enforce. We can't be everywhere at once so we could use help on this. I think we made a statement this past weekend by taking passes and taking kids back to their campers to their parents. Most of the violators didn't even have a pass. We will continue to make this issue a priority until it stops or we ban it all together.

My only real negative comment is for the A SSholes that brought there two great danes to the track and let their 10 year old son walk them around. They attacked my Golden Retriever and put a couple of nice deep tissue bite's on his back side. The kid didn't have a chance of containing those small horses and my wife also got a couple of scratches and bites from the dogs, trying to protect our dog. So, if you are so ignorant to bring dogs like that to the track maybe you should consider muzzling them. Also, an apology or checking up on our dog would have been a nice gesture. Other than that episode we had a great time and always look forward to attending Chillitown events.

Sorry to hear this, I would of lost my cool if it happened to me and my dog!

Sorry to hear this, I would of lost my cool if it happened to me and my dog!
Well, its probably a good thing for me and the dogs that, I was actually on the starting line with my son at that exact time. I dropped his bike, ran to the fence to try and help but by then the mayhem was over. I wasn't real happy and it up set my son right before the gate was to drop. I thought of confronting the owners but never saw the dogs/owners again, it was probably for the best.

This is correct. It is 16+ with a valid drivers license and pit vehicle pass. Everyone that buys a pass is aware of this rule and we do make them fill out a form with their name and such. It is just total disregard for the rules. We are close to banning pit bikes and going to golf carts and side by side type vehicles only. We definitely don't want to do that but it seems everyone want to complain online but no one reports bike numbers or violators so we can enforce. We can't be everywhere at once so we could use help on this. I think we made a statement this past weekend by taking passes and taking kids back to their campers to their parents. Most of the violators didn't even have a pass. We will continue to make this issue a priority until it stops or we ban it all together.
I agree you can't be everywhere and we do need to help you out. So, for now on, I will report anyone I see on a pit bike that is not 16 at any track, including my son. Im not trying to be a prick but I could not believe how fast some of the kids were going through the pits, some with helmets and some with out. The most ridiculous one I saw was an adult on a full size bike with about a six year old on the back, no helmets, with the hammer down. He was going so fast, I couldn't even see what kind of bike it was. Btw, I'm not blaming the track owners, its really the parents issue but I just think that if this is going to be a rule and in a lot of cases it is a true safety issue, then the track owners are probably going to have to enforce it and make a couple examples in order to get the message out. I'm guessing that not everyone is on pitracer so, their probably not aware of how concerned some of us are. I am really surprised that you haven't taken a hard line on the people that bring pit bikes but haven't payed for a pass, that's just not right.

about the kid on the PW50 who kept ridding around and around: My 6 year old nephew said to me "He most of forgotten where his pit is" That should tell you how many times that little dude was riding around........

Made it down Fri night, drove in the sunny and 80 deg rain the forecasters called for the entire way. Set up in the rain and finished just as the rain quit. Lol

I feel sorry for those of you who bagged it because of the rain!!! John259 !!!

Practice started a little muddy but turned out beautiful, no outstanding!
Transponders, lots of practice, 50cc fun race, pit bike race, strider bike races, quads racing saturday and perfect motos all day sunday!!!! They even cut down on the pit bike problems by sunday.

I cant say enough great things about the weekend.

Hause#0 and I had the Battle of death in the second +40 moto, I still have welts on my arms!

Thank you Chillitown and OMA for a fantastic event!

Agree Hershey. We showed up for 3rd practice session Saturday and raced Sunday. Only thing not worth repeating are my results. Need more moto to get the starts, etc. down. Still learning to ride the KX as well. It's coming... Had a great time and would do it all over again even knowing what the weather had in store. It was more than doable and I am so glad the wife and I were able to make the trip. :) Kudos to CTMX and crew!

Back