Hartford Fair Mx Race

I never really took any interest in the fair races, been there couple times spectating only, but now I'm kinda excited about doing it.

That's what I love about Vintage, Decade class, and Vet class racing, takes away all the race pressure and makes it fun.
I intend to do two class's, I'm just curious if Decade class will be mixed in with Vintage? The vet 40+ class is usually wicked fast. (I'm wicked slow :D)

I'll talk to my son and see if he's up for it. He has a PV- RM250, everybody else that I know that are active riders/racers hang out on this site.

I've been told the owner of Fast Traxx is a guy named Norm? Maybe someone can drop him an email, or better yet get him to talk with us on here. Fast Traxx would and could benefit if they were a little more active on Pitracer I would think.

It's critically important to run the Vintage and Vet class's early, as us old coots all have early bedtimes and up before daybreak getting to work next day.

I've been told the owner of Fast Traxx is a guy named Norm? Maybe someone can drop him an email, or better yet get him to talk with us on here. Fast Traxx would and could benefit if they were a little more active on Pitracer I would think.
Well, if you would show up for a GP, you would know Shawna N Norm Bickley. ;) https://www.facebook.com/shawna.bickley
Shawna is the contact person.
Fast Traxx has a good following and has weathered the racing attendance downturn better than most local tracks.

Last edited:
Yea, I've been negligent on GP racing this season. No acceptable excuses for it either.
I did notice they have a weekend event coming up. Might try for that.

I'm pushing to get my home project done before summer ends and it's eating up all my spare time and cash.
Thanks for the link.

( I still haven't put my 98 CR250 back together yet, either :eek: )

From Fasttrax Facebook page

Thursday Aug 13 Hartford Independent Fair MX in Croton Ohio. Our biggest fair MX of the year at a beautiful facility with a great track . You won't want to miss this one! Riders Pit Area will not be open until 4pm . Rider Registration begins at 4pm. Practice 6 30pm race will begin directly after practice. No AMA card needed. With over 40 classes there is something for everyone!

I'm on the fence at this point.........the picture says it all-tonight at 9:30. Had to tear the old CR down as it had been cased one too many times and had a hole on the bottom tube-no crack. Got an awesome job done on the repair, he reinforced the other side just to be safe and I am good to go. The picture is where I am putting it back together. Time is an issue as I do have a job..... If you see me I made it happen. I will say I have had 3 buddies say "don't do a fair race!" It does sound fun and I am wise these days as to what the limit is.

IMG_0307.JPG

I'm in and looking forward to it.

Bill give it a try, what's the down side, if its important I'll let you beat me.

I've never raced at a fair before, always looking for new experiences.

By the sounds of it we have five fairly good commitments anyway, and of course there are always those that aren't active on Pitracer that could show up. With this being Fast Traxx's biggest fair event should be a good turnout.

Surely somebody has to recall what past turnouts have been like for Vet racers and or vintage bikes at Hartford. And every year Hartford Fair gets pretty good publicity and exposure on this site.

We're talking with our son about racing. He and our daughter-in-law have a baby on the way so they are both cautious with doing any racing right now.

Spare time has been tight, but I'll be working on the bikes tonight and tomorrow night getting ready. And we have decided to let little Joshy ride the track in the PW50 class.

It would be really cool if Hartford Fair were to become a major "must-do" event for Ohio Vintage Racing with a large spectator following. As long as Fast Traxx doesn't build tracks that scares off the racers.

Like Mike, (Both Mikes actually), I'm looking forward to the experience.

Guys a friend of mine was at fast traxx last weekend talking to them,and if a few show up I think we can have our own gate.at vinton co there were 3 of us and we rode with 250 bc?

Sounds awesome!! I was talking with Jeremy last week that puts on the Ross Co fair race and he still didn't know if they were having a vintage class this year? I will try to find out today!

Well my apologies for this boys, but "I'm out" .

The good news is I believe I solved why the YZ250 has been a mother fluster to get started. The bad news is my power valve assembly is screwed up. Nine O-clock last night digging out worn and broken linkage pieces out of the engine.

Out of five bikes I've been currently racing, four are torn down. And the other is due for a suspension tear down. And I have no spare time to work on them.

See ya next season.

That sucks Mike. Hope you get things sorted out. I miss lining up with you! We are off to vet fest for al little modern bike racing this weekend. Was hoping to see you at Delta ...
038.JPG

Back