Hartford Fair Mx Race

Thanks Greg I appreciate the offer but I'll have to decline. I can't let myself race someone else's bike, when I've got 15 of my own and all need work.

But as bad as this might sound to you all, I'm struggling with this. I may just show up tonight and race the 03/YZ in the Decade and 40+ class's. I don't typically struggle with indecisiveness, but I was major bummed this morning over the PV bike.

Gotta talk to the wife, find out how much it mess's things up if we go ahead and race.

Thanks to the guys who showed up to race! We had 7 riders,our own gate I had a great time and hope everybody else did too! Thursday nite and we got to ride our old bikes!!!

Decided against last minute "load and go". It ended up being the wisest decision.

Once I mentioned to the wife last week about doing Hartford, there was no getting out of going to the Fair. Most of the time she struggles with talking me into doing stuff like that. (very boring to me:p). And of course we bring the 3, 5, and 6yr old G-Kids, along with Nancy's 19yr old niece and her girlfriend.
The idea was to let the kids ride some rides, see some stuff, then watch the races.......

Forget It!...There was no way that MX racing could come close to competing with the bright lights of the Fair rides and Carnival strip. Twice we took the kids for a little breather break from riding rides. We lasted about 1-1/2 hour total watching races.

"IF" I would of brought our bikes for Joshy and I to race, it would of been a battle all night. And poor Nancy would have been a complete frazzle bouncing between the track and the Carnival.

I never took this into consideration, and I'm not sure how to handle it in the future. I'll never get away with going to the fair and not taking the grandkids. And I wouldn't normally go to the Fair if it weren't for the MX racing.

I did love the track layout, and was very envious of you guys that got to race it.
I did get to watch the 40+ class race, watch Greg get caught in the 1st turn melee, and watch Dicky Hoy run away with the win.

Even though I bailed, mxkid I am glad you promoted this and you guys raced and had a good turnout. Fast Traxx set up a sweet track. This does help us with building our future for Vintage racing.

Back