Malvern....The Battle Draws Near

CouplarsOTE="KTM555, post: 605936, member: 11502"]Kinda off topic but has a quad ever hit that table to table? If a 105 supermini can do it you'd think a 450 quad could. Never even really looked at hitting it before but I really have to let off to not overshoot the 1st table.[/QUOTE]
Couple years ago Upperman was there and he didn't jump it but his lap times were still faster than the pro bikes. Pretty amazing! That dude's a super nice guy too.

I really don't understand why everyone gets worked up over the c class. AMA has structured this on a national level not a local level. We have been racing for about 3 1/2-4 years now and now that we're in the C class all I hear is bitching whining and boobing. everyone's abiding by the rules in the C class. I'm over all the people bitching about the sandbagging. We are following the rules get over it. Add a D CLASS. B/C will be a huge class at some races. Unless there's a D class us rule following so called sandbaggers will always be there. Look up races out west ( where we are originally from) and the class structure is BEG NOV INT PRO. So as on ohio C rider out west we would be a novice rider, not a beginner or socalled C rider. Eastern races are missing a very important class. So in all reality were not sandbaggers were following AMA guidelines.

Not one person has said the word sandbagger in this post. I know what the rules say and you guys are doing nothing wrong, never said anybody was.

I really don't understand why everyone gets worked up over the c class. AMA has structured this on a national level not a local level. We have been racing for about 3 1/2-4 years now and now that we're in the C class all I hear is bitching whining and boobing. everyone's abiding by the rules in the C class. I'm over all the people bitching about the sandbagging. We are following the rules get over it. Add a D CLASS. B/C will be a huge class at some races. Unless there's a D class us rule following so called sandbaggers will always be there. Look up races out west ( where we are originally from) and the class structure is BEG NOV INT PRO. So as on ohio C rider out west we would be a novice rider, not a beginner or socalled C rider. Eastern races are missing a very important class. So in all reality were not sandbaggers were following AMA guidelines.
You sandbagger you!!!

Can you guys imagine if we were having this conversation face to face? hahaha I feel like some one would have a black eye, another a bloody nose, and God forbid if someone brought a knife! hahaha

Never bring a knife to a gun fight!!! Lol

Damn sandbagger dads!

Well let's call b/c novice.

I'm not understanding this one:

Do people want to race full gates ? Or do they want to race 10 people. I feel like swope wants to race 20 people madx until he goes to a national/regional race.....where he qualifies for 42 spots.

What class is the eastern tracks missing ?

I'm not trying fight, just asking.

So out of curiosity I looked at the open C class results, I didnt see any DQ for the first few guys or so jumping the table to table in the race.
Are you kidding me!!! C riders were doing the table to table? That is total BS. They are NOT C riders if they are launching that jump.

Calm down, take a breath, and re read the content. No racer in any C class moto jumped the table to table. The restriction has been in place for awhile now and so far no C class racers have jumped it during a moto. They will be penalized.

Again, this is for the safety of the beginners on the track.

Long night at work? I'm comprehending what he's saying.

D= beginner
C= novice
B= intermediate
A= expert

So to answer your question, it looks like the east coast is missing the D class.

For the record, I highly doubt that the Swopes would have any objection to full gates.

This is the way to go!! This would be awesome classes that are friendly to beginners and also people trying to get more experience and get better without having to worry about lapping people or landing on them. I couldn't agree with you more on this one Meister! I know so many people that quit because getting lapped or taken out at their second race was too much of a confidence blow

Last edited:
This is the way to go!! This would be awesome classes that are friendly to beginners and also people trying to get more experience and get better without having to worry about lapping people or landing on them. I couldn't agree with you more on this one Meister! I know so many people that quit because getting lapped or taken out at their second race was too much of a confidence blow

The problem with that is it adds another class to a already busy day. I'm all in favor of a D class, but combine the B and C class. It levels the playing field in all classes and it doesn't add an extra class to the day.

Long night at work? I'm comprehending what he's saying.

D= beginner
C= novice
B= intermediate
A= expert

So to answer your question, it looks like the east coast is missing the D class.

For the record, I highly doubt that the Swopes would have any objection to full gates.[/QUOTE]

We like full gates Georgie not sure how you got that idea. This is the classes from rmx series in Idaho Utah and Wyoming comparable to battle series. However they don't race quads. I know no wants to add a class but it seems there needs to be. What about moving practice up a half hour or so to help out with a added class
image.jpg

As a C class rider, the things that I want in a race are:
- full gate; to me, that's the most exhilarating part of the race(maybe winning is, but I've never done that)
- people to battle with; i.e. not to be stuck in a "pack" of only 3 riders spaced a lap between the top 15 and bottom 15.
- not to get lapped by someone who belongs in B class or watch someone quad over my head(when Malvern had the rollers to quad into)

Are the tracks really large out west ?how do they race 33 classes....?
Wait, what? I lived out west for 2 years.... We never came close to a full gate. The class with the most racers was 65s. But that was in Montana, nobody lives there. Okay I am just going to edit this post haha, I didn't see the link that was shared for Wyoming and Utah... I was on my phone. sorry

Last edited:
Back